Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x24-25 - Exodus, pts. 2 & 3 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
JakeNRoland wrote:
ENCHIRITO IS THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE. I couldn't agree more.

Jake, are we like merging into a single consciousness here or what?

it's like you don't even have to post your thoughts anymore lol.

WOW That's, like, Existential, DUDE. Someone pass me some reefer quick, or perhaps the Virgin Mary!

I'm only kidding, I don't do drugs, and neither should you!
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well, they built the finale up to incredible levels of hype and it turned out to be a very dissapointing finale. Seriously. WTF Lost writers. ok, so the final scene at sea was on par with what I was expect from a good season ender, but in the end, everything that happened on the island felt like a wild goose chase leading nowhere - with all the same questions intact at the end.

Now, I'm not the type that watches a show they don't like just to complain - I really enjoyed Exodus Part 1. I felt it was the best episdoe since Walkabout and it set up for an AMAZING finale. Part 2/3 did NOT deliver. I am just frustrated at the insane amount of potential that was completly wasted.

I will gladly elaborate if anyone disagrees/cares...

I do have comments, but I'll save it. Don't wanna piss anyone off.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to elaborate on what I said before about people complaining about the show. I don't have a problem with people who are genuine fans of the show critiquing it for whatever reason as long as, in the end, they are still FANS of the show.

I DO have a problem with people (not on this board, they're more rampant on The Fuselage) who seem to never have anything GOOD to say about the show and appear to watch the show solely to bash it. Not that I don't think people are entitled to their own opinions, I just don't see the point of watching a show you obviously don't enjoy just to bitch about it to people who do enjoy it.

That said, I can totally see why this episode may have pissed some people off. I was expecting more with a few things (ie. THE HATCH!!!) but ultimately, I was satisfied with it, if only because I'm confident the writers know what they're doing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just to elaborate on what I said before about people complaining about the show. I don't have a problem with people who are genuine fans of the show critiquing it for whatever reason as long as, in the end, they are still FANS of the show.

I DO have a problem with people (not on this board, they're more rampant on The Fuselage) who seem to never have anything GOOD to say about the show and appear to watch the show solely to bash it. Not that I don't think people are entitled to their own opinions, I just don't see the point of watching a show you obviously don't enjoy just to bitch about it to people who do enjoy it.

That said, I can totally see why this episode may have pissed some people off. I was expecting more with a few things (ie. THE HATCH!!!) but ultimately, I was satisfied with it, if only because I'm confident the writers know what they're doing.

My thoughts exactly.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:

me too. But I WAS pissed off at first, that's for sure...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
I do have comments, but I'll save it. Don't wanna piss anyone off.

lol. Who are you worried about pissing off? Not me I hope.

Ringwench wrote:

I agree with most of that. You know, I had pretty strong faith in the Lost writers all during the season... but the finale is a time for answers. Not answers to everything of course (then there would be no show) but at least to what's been building for more than half the season (the hatch, the others). I guess I wanted an "oooooh!" moment, if only a little one.

Just so you all don't think I hated the whole thing, heres a list of things I loved about Exodus Part 2:
1. The flashbacks. That's saying a lot because they usually make me fall asleep.

2. Every scene on the raft. Those were great. Although I seriously hope the others are shape shifters or someting... because dirty old pirate folk are not what I call terrifying. Whatever hapened to "run... hide... or die"?

3. The smoke monster. Here's a new theory: the monster is a black smoke entity that has the ability to surround mechanical equipment (like chains) and make them move. And I love the idea that the 'black flappy crap' might actually be more than shoddy CGI.

there was probably even more moments of greatness but, ultimatly, for a season finale of a show like Lost, it was a pretty big dissapointment.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that really disappointed me was the fact that they still never explained how and why the plane crashed there. l mean l was mostly waiting for this fact and nope, didn't get it. DAMNIT...lol.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
The only thing that really disappointed me was the fact that they still never explained how and why the plane crashed there. l mean l was mostly waiting for this fact and nope, didn't get it. DAMNIT...lol.

Me too. I was really hoping that the scene where everyone was getting on the plane in slowmo would end with by revealing someting, ANYTHING, about what cuased the plane to crash.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay: here goes. My interpretation of the Others and the Hatch...

The Others:

"We shall have an accord: You give us the boy, and we won't kill you, savvy?"

The Hatch:

SPIKE: Look, there's a Hole in the World... and there's 2 semi bald guys staring back at me, Hellllloooooo!!!

Yeah, I know I'm posting the 2nd one again, but I thought I'd repeat myself for the hell of it.

B
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO B. BRILLIANT!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:

I'll say it again! It has been promised to be answered in a mini movie in the DVD release

And yeah, I don't hink this finale is a dissappointment when looked back over, or watched for the second time, everything except for the end of it is pure gold, it's just that lack of the "oohhhhh" moment that's killing everyone And just BETTER not end up getting this show cancelled >.< that's all I can say...

New theory to add to the smoke monster thing! What if all the trees being pulled out aren't actually being pulled out, but pushed up? Maybe there is still a big monster down there under the ground, and the gas is just a part of it? I support this theory, because then the trees are shot out, what looks a lot like black smoke is shot with them verrrrrry interesting!

And to E, and everyone else here who loves that whole mysterious Lost thing, I IMPLORE you to check out the OceanicFlight815 site, posted in the Season two spoiler section. I know Enchirito, for one, would NEVER look there, for fear of spoilers, and I must say there are a good ammount of them, some of which may be very spoilerish, or complete red herrings (MUCH more likely the second one, though, as this IS an ABC site ) The place is just PACKED with secrets and easter eggs. It's the coolest damn thing I've ever seen so go check it out: http://www.oceanic-air.com/home.htm
and please, find out all the secrets yourself! (including the BIG secret PM me if you get that peeps! ) It's SO much more rewarding that way!

And E, in my best judgement, this is worth the chance that it might spoil you *sage look*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find the final was disapointing, neither something special. Just another brilliant Episode

The only bad thing is, that it left more questions than answered them and it's so long 'til they're answered

And IMO there was a little 'oh' moment, for that was my reaction when poor Arzt just explode in front of Jack and co.

BTW did anybody see the Trailer for Season 2?

@ Hobbes
Great theory, never thoght about that
I think I have to discuss that in our German forum...

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think I read somewhere that on the Season 1 DVD that comes out in September, there is going to be a little video or something that explains why/how the plane crashed.

Banner: Shinythings
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
Quote:

I think I read somewhere that on the Season 1 DVD that comes out in September, there is going to be a little video or something that explains why/how the plane crashed.

Why would they reveal such a huge secret in a DVD extra when they won't reveal SHIT on the actual show??

Anyone have a link to something official? just a bit skeptical is all...
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Anyone have a link to something official? just a bit skeptical is all...

I'm skeptical about this as well and I don't have a link but I've read the same thing these guys have. In an interview sometime in the oast few months JJ revealed that he was planning on shooting a special short that would reveal the reason for the plan crash and it'd be in addition to the episodes. So we'll see if this happens but I won't believe it till I can actually see it.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: