Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x24-25 - Exodus, pts. 2 & 3 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I know what the monster is! It's black smoke! It was what flew off when Jack and Kate saw it, and said they had to leave quickly, and it's also what billowed out of the hole after the explosion MAYBE that's what the black smoke pillar is... Yeah, a little far-fetched, but that's really what that thing looks like

Oh, btw, they found a way to stop the 'wonder years' problem! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey! I know what the monster is! It's black smoke! It was what flew off when Jack and Kate saw it, and said they had to leave quickly, and it's also what billowed out of the hole after the explosion MAYBE that's what the black smoke pillar is... Yeah, a little far-fetched, but that's really what that thing looks like

That just looked like a blurry black cloud thingy to me. That sucked for the big glimpse that we were supossed to get. l mean we barely saw anything. That was cool though when it was ripping all the trees outta the ground. And when it got ahold of Locke and dragged him. lt kinda looked like a big tail alittle at that part. Or maybe it was just me . l thought it was weird looking though.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Quote:

That just looked like a blurry black cloud thingy to me. That sucked for the big glimpse that we were supossed to get. l mean we barely saw anything. That was cool though when it was ripping all the trees outta the ground. And when it got ahold of Locke and dragged him. lt kinda looked like a big tail alittle at that part. Or maybe it was just me . l thought it was weird looking though.

I'm waiting the stills from Lostmedia to see what that thing looked like i had a hold of Locke, that's for sure. lol. Unless that was just some kind of trip wire trap thing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm here so you know the West Coasters are done. If you're reading this and you have the ep on tape but haven't watched it yet but don't want to be spoiled by reading what people are saying about it...

...then frankly, you're asking for it by reading a thread called Episode Discussion, now aren't you? *blows kiss*

BA5763 wrote:
Aislynn: Tying one to the other, everytime I saw the raft, I kept thinking this in my head->

I remember there was mist ...
swirling mist upon a vast, glassy lake ...

There were candles all around,
and on the lake there was a boat,
and in the boat there was a man ...

OMG, BA, I laughed myself silly at that! (And everybody else thinks we're nuts! )

I hate to admit that the first thing I said as the credits rolled was, "Who cares if the Others took Walt?!? They shot my sweet Southern boy!!!" There also may have been some wailing and general foot stomping as well, it's difficult to remember...

The Others coming after Walt instead of Turnip-head (am going to have a hard time calling him anything else now!) was a fairly easy one to see coming, since, let's all say it together now, Walt is SPECIAL.

I was a bit worried at how mechanical the monster was sounding because I was going to be rather disappointed to discover that "the monster" was actually just a bunch of booby-traps going off or something like that. I liked that weird "inter-dimensional" smokey thing, myself. It was better than Jack turning to Locke and saying, "AHHH, I've got Arzt on me! Eww, YUCK!!! Get it off of me, woncha???"

Wait a minute, I drifted off-subject for a second there. But I really did expect Jack to at least knock that bit of "stuff" off of him, rather than look at it and just freakin' leave it hanging on his shirt like that! Here, Jack, I'll say it for you: Eww, YUCK!!! *thwacks bit of Arzt off shirt and makes disgusted face*

Score one for the Jaters with Jack faking out Kate with the dynamite. Although, like it's been said above, Kate would've blown them all to Fiji with the way she kept forgetting to take the pack off before she started doing her wind-sprints. So clearly the good doc knew what he was doing.

I also thought they were going to end with Locke and Jack looking in the Hatch but showing us absolutely nothing inside of it. Glad we got a tiny peek at least.

Also hate to admit that the first thing I though when the raft got set on fire was, "Dang, all that work and a low-budget Captain Jack Sparrow comes along and sets it on fire in two seconds! And they never even got a chance to eat all that food they brought along. And what's with Michael's rafts getting set on fire all the time? And, holy cow, they freakin' shot my sweet Southern boy!!!" *more wailing*

But I give major props to Jin for diving in after him. Wish we would've at least seen him surface with Sawyer in tow. I mean, it's not like it wouldn't have been suspenseful ENOUGH since the guy's got a HOLE shot in him, he's bleeding, and the raft's on FIRE!

Oy. I think I need to go watch a good Sawyer vid right about now... And I really would like an assurance from SOMEBODY that Sawyer's not going to be killed off. I'd prefer that assurance come from J.J. or one of his posse, but hey, I'd still love to hear it from the good folks of LVI too. Even if you don't believe it!

Quick, somebody comfort the poor Raving Sawyerette!

~Aislynn
*whimper*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oy. I think I need to go watch a good Sawyer vid right about now... And I really would like an assurance from SOMEBODY that Sawyer's not going to be killed off. I'd prefer that assurance come from J.J. or one of his posse, but hey, I'd still love to hear it from the good folks of LVI too. Even if you don't believe it!

Quick, somebody comfort the poor Raving Sawyerette!

I said this at the end of Desperate Housewives, and I'll say it again here. People NEVER open a season with a killing of one of the main characters if the killing was to occur, it would be in the last ten minutes of the finale, NOT in the FIRST ten minutes of season 2! LOL
So yes, I think Sawyer's safe. Though I thik it'll probably be a big thing how he's injured and possibly dying in season two... and if he stays alive for a few episodes, THEN you should worry about him! LOL

Just remembered ANOTHER interesting thing.... The hatch... there was a light in it what's all this then?!?!?!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the comfort, my brutha!

Hobbes wrote:
Just remembered ANOTHER interesting thing.... The hatch... there was a light in it what's all this then?!?!?!

Uhhhh... It was the Jolly Green Giant in there was a big flashlight, wondering why the bald guy was sobbing on his Hatch? Then the rungs on the ladder broke and it was bye-bye Big Green Guy?

Just a theory.

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Thank you for the comfort, my brutha!

Hobbes wrote:

Uhhhh... It was the Jolly Green Giant in there was a big flashlight, wondering why the bald guy was sobbing on his Hatch? Then the rungs on the ladder broke and it was bye-bye Big Green Guy?

Just a theory.

~Aislynn

Eureka!
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought maybe the light came from the others, ya know cause they had a big light on their boat(im sure it's detachable(sp?))
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I still like my theory the best...
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i just remembered something from the end!
Hurley was reading the spanish comic book! it's his so maybe it was his fault that there are polar bears on the island cause ya know, he's "cursed". maybe it was both him and walt; like since hurley had the comic book and walt is special; there "powers" combined can make stuff happen, lol................(has anyone mentioned the whole hurley/comic book yet?)
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was spoiled rotten for this episode but I guess it's a credit to the show's creators that SEVERAL things took me by surprise in last night's ep!

First thing: They blew up Arzt!!! I'd read articles by the show's creators that Arzt was going to be a main character in season 2 so I was REALLY not expecting that one!!! That was pretty awesome! Took me by surprise, AND has the added bonus of getting the "death" out of the way so nobody I really cared about got offed!

Second thing: They wanted WALT not Aaron! Craziness! I never would have thought of that (though I did put 2 and 2 together as soon as Danielle started saying the Others were whispering about taking "the boy"). Poor poor Walt! And poor Michael. Have to say, I'm very surprised that the episode didn't end with Michael in mortal peril. I'm still convinced Michael's a goner though.

And SAWYER!!! AAAAAAH!!! They'd better not kill him!!! He was probably only shot in the arm or something, but still! Out at sea in the middle of nowhere with the boat destroyed! A superficial wound could get serious very quickly!

Speaking of the boat, the guys on that boat were CREEPY!!! A little more hillbilly than I would have envisioned "The Others" (if that's who they are) to be, but still pretty cool! I wonder if Alex was part of their crew?

Also, I'm wondering now if Ethan was working with Danielle or with the Others (or maybe both?).

The "monster" sounded exactly like the mechanism on a roller coaster that drags the cars up the first hill. I'm going to need to find some screencaps of that black smoke stuff. Very weird.

Hurley in the airport was hilarious! Especially when he paid the old guy to use the scooter. I was reminded of the movie "The Wrong Guy" (if anyone here aside from me has actually seen that movie I'll be shocked) where the lazy cop comes up to a guy on a scooter and goes "I'm commandeering this vehicle!!!" LOL.

I'm equally intrigued and infuriated with the last scene at the hatch. I mean at least they gave us SOMETHING! But I would have liked a BIT more!

I'm overjoyed (well, that's probably not the right word, but I'll go with it) that Charlie took one of the Virgin Marys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm probably in the minority of Charlie fans right now but I WANT him to get back on the smack, I WANT his character to get darker. And no offense to the C/C shippers, I'm SICK of the Charlie/Claire cuteness, let's bring on the PAIN!!! Yeah, I'm a sadistic little fucker, what can you do?

I'm with you, Hobbes, I need to find a good DARK song to do a C/C vid to. I'm thinking "Weak and Powerless" by A Perfect Circle could be cool, but I'm still looking right now.

The Fuselage is DOWN right now! They decided to change their database over on the day after the finale!!! WTF??? When I was on it before there were a ton of people who were dissapointed with the finale and going off on the usual "I'm never watching this show again!" crap.

I never understand these people. I mean, nobody's holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch. It's on network TV which means you aren't even PAYING to see it! If it no longer makes you happy STOP WATCHING! Some people will go to great lengths just to bitch and moan about things.

Wow, this post was WAY long, but oh well, I'm at work and I'm bored.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, they built the finale up to incredible levels of hype and it turned out to be a very dissapointing finale. Seriously. WTF Lost writers. ok, so the final scene at sea was on par with what I was expect from a good season ender, but in the end, everything that happened on the island felt like a wild goose chase leading nowhere - with all the same questions intact at the end.

Now, I'm not the type that watches a show they don't like just to complain - I really enjoyed Exodus Part 1. I felt it was the best episdoe since Walkabout and it set up for an AMAZING finale. Part 2/3 did NOT deliver. I am just frustrated at the insane amount of potential that was completly wasted.

I will gladly elaborate if anyone disagrees/cares...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(has anyone mentioned the whole hurley/comic book yet?)

Yeah, I think I did a couple of pages back... somewhere. Something to the effect of "didn't Hurley notice the kid reading it?" or something like that.

B
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
well, they built the finale up to incredible levels of hype and it turned out to be a very dissapointing finale. Seriously. WTF Lost writers. ok, so the final scene at sea was on par with what I was expect from a good season ender, but in the end, everything that happened on the island felt like a wild goose chase leading nowhere - with all the same questions intact at the end.

Now, I'm not the type that watches a show they don't like just to complain - I really enjoyed Exodus Part 1. I felt it was the best episdoe since Walkabout and it set up for an AMAZING finale. Part 2/3 did NOT deliver. I am just frustrated at the insane amount of potential that was completly wasted.

I will gladly elaborate if anyone disagrees/cares...

ENCHIRITO IS THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE. I couldn't agree more.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
ENCHIRITO IS THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE. I couldn't agree more.

Jake, are we like merging into a single consciousness here or what?

it's like you don't even have to post your thoughts anymore lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: