Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x23 - "Exodus, pt. 1" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: 1x23 - "Exodus, pt. 1" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

I'm posting this a early but the description is yellow so if you don't want to be spoiled you should be safe. Figured I'd post it early for those that want to start talking about it now.

If you make any spoilerish comments please stick them in the following coding [ color = yellow ] to end that use [ / color ] just omit the spaces. I had to use them to show you what I was referring to.

As usual the description is taken from http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html .

Exodus (1)
gs: Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau) Daniel Roebuck (Dr. Artz) Michelle Rodriguez (Ana-Lucia) Fredric Lehne (Marshal) Kevin E. West (Calderwood) Ruz Rusden (Airport Cop) Wendy Braun (Gina) Kylie Dragna (Charlotte) Chard Hayward (Aussie official)

The French woman -- Danielle Rousseau (guest-star Mira Furlan)-- shocks the survivors by showing up to the camp with a dire warning about "the others" who are on the island. Meanwhile, Michael and Jin ready the raft for sailing.

b: 18-May-2005 pc: 123 w: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse d: Jack Bender

NOTE: Exodus is the second book of the Torah (the five books of Moses. The Exodus refers to the departure of the Hebrew slaves from Egypt and its Pharoh under the leadership of Moses. As a result of this meaning the term "an exodus" has come to mean a departure of a great number of people.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm never the first person to comment on an ep! This is so cool!!!

Well, our own little Aislynn ought to be right happy, much SSS in this ep (Shameless Shirtless Sawyer), and we answered one of my questions, what is Sawyer's real name...

And how many AWWW moments, huh? I actually started crying when Walt gave Vincent to Shannon. How Sweet!

On the Vincent note, when he dove into the water after Walt, who else yelled, "Vincent Rox Yer Sox off!!!" Or was I alone on that one.

An Above-Exceptional Ep if I ever saw one!
Harry

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ep... Just luvs it! Wish they wouldve done more wit the Black Rock, The Hatch, The Others, and more flashbacks at the air port... Well guess we'll just have to wait till next ep... BTW i didnt get to c clips of next weeks ep.. Was there any? I'll have to check Lost Multimedia tomorrow but ya... One of my favs!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were, but they went by pretty quickly, and I only really caught one of them, but that would need to be discussed in the spoiler thread.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend (completely hetero) and I had this to say about the episode:

HOLY FUCK!

Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. RUUUUUN!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l totally agree with ya KC. This was one of the best ep's yet. My favourite scene was when they had the whole Cast pushing the raft into the water.
And when Jack, Kate, the French woman, Locke, Hurley and Arzt were all in the jungle and you hear the monster and then they all take off running. Awesome episode.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was too much to comment on there to do so in one sitting without havign the episode right in front of me to list off the things that rock
Who liked Dr. Arzt?! He was cool, I htink. But I like him more for the fact that he's a new face with a brand-new backstory fresh meat...

Sawyer, Jin, Walt, Shannon.... I love them ALL even more than I ever did before and to think that at some point I thought each of them was bad or creepy or something that was just a plain beautiful episode... Poor Kate and Sawyer neither of them got to say goodbye, even though they each looked around...
Those scratches on Danielle's arm were exactly identical to Ethan's scratches... that's NOT from a bush, if you hadn't noticed those look like fingernail scrapes, actually.... I thought those Ethan ones were scratches from him handling Claire and her struglling or something... If that's true, then I wonder what Danielle's are... Someone PLEASE ask Danielle who Ethan is!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I almost forgot the shared moment betwix Jack and Sawyer, when he told Jack about meeting his dad. Big honkin' tears during that as well. When that was over, I said to myself, Self, that was a "shared moment a la Chasing Amy". Anyone who's actually seen that film may know what i"m talkin about.

B
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA5763 wrote:
Well, our own little Aislynn ought to be right happy, much SSS in this ep (Shameless Shirtless Sawyer), and we answered one of my questions, what is Sawyer's real name...

Ah, methinks BA doth know me too well...

Oh, you betcha I was one happy Sawyerette with all that shirtlessness! *swoon*

Oh come on, give me a break. You people know you all have guys/girls you swoon over just like that, so don't even tell me differently... I may be a Raving Sawyerette fangirl but I'm honest about it. *giggle*

And I have no trouble admitting that I sat there talking to the TV again, saying, "Oh, poor Sawyer! Everybody else is getting hugs goodbye and he's just left standing there like that! I'll hug you, Sawyer! I'll hug you!!!"

Hm, I think that might indicate that I need help. What do y'all think?

~Aislynn

PS - I agree about that moment with Jack and Sawyer. And I also admit to saying to the TV at that point: "Hah, everybody says Sawyer doesn't have a heart! Well, looky there. He told him about what Dear Old Deceased Dad said. Sure he held onto the info for a while. But at least he told him before he left, now didn't he?" *sniffle* My sweet Southern boy has sailed away... *sniffle, sniffle*

Oy. I'm getting all misty here...

BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
BA5763 wrote:

Ah, methinks BA doth know me too well...

Perhaps, but then again, I was right there with ya.

I have a confession... I came to LOST as a Stark Raving Mad Charlie fan (Hello, my name is B and I'm a Domaholic... "Hi B!"), and slowly but surely I have evolved into yet another Raving Sawyerette! He's undeniable and irresistable. Maybe it's the dimples, maybe it's the scruffyness, maybe it's the Viggo Mortensen pectorals, who the hell knows. All I know is he's damn fine by me.

Even if he has to wear those horrible Waldo-esque glasses for reading.

B
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody who says ANY of these characters "doesn't have a heart" obviously is NOT looking deep enough there ARE no static characters in this show. None. Well... maybe the background ones.... but that's IT
If you keep thinking that a certain person is pure evil, you are going to feel surprised and foolish when that person, say, saves a man from death by a hitman by beating him up instead, then going back to his wife covered in blood, but still wanting to preserve her love for her father, so he doesn't tell her until she forces it out of him... okay I've given ENOUGH clues
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Did You saw Waldo!!!?!?!

Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even if he has to wear those horrible Waldo-esque glasses for reading

l think the Harry Potter glasses make him look cute...lol
l myself am a Charlie fan but l also do like sawyer very much. He's actually my mom's favourite character other then Locke.

Last edited by Hollywood on Thu May 19, 2005 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop It! I'm gonna get all misty-eyed again. Their scene was in a word...

BEAUTIFUL!

(Betcha thought I was gonna say 'glorious' huh? Nah, I'll leave that for Jake, that's his word.)
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

Did You saw Waldo!!!?!?!

Oh...my...! ROFLOL! Hobbes, I need that smiley falling out of its chair laughing again! That pic nearly gave me hysterics!

And BA, I'm so glad to hear I have a fellow Raving Sawyerette around here! Viva la dimpled Southern boy! We need an official handshake or something, doncha think?

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: