Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help--trouble uploading an image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LisiBee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Help--trouble uploading an image Reply with quote

I'm trying to submit a vid, but I cannot get my pic to upload. I keep getting the following message: "Your image file wasn't a jpeg file. It was an image/jpg."

Not sure what I'm doing wrong; here's a link to the pic I want to use: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lisibee815/saw1.jpg

Looks like a jpeg to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me bonkers!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to upload it directly from your computer ... not on photobucket or imageshack.

Maybe that's what you're doing wrong?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply; I probably should have mentioned in my first post that I was trying to upload the image from my computer, not from Photobucket. I just posted that link as an example of the pic I was trying to use.

I've saved it as a *.jpg file using two different programs (Photo Explosion and Serif PhotoPlus), and neither one was successful.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem could be that the file is too big. On the submit page, it is mentioned that the picture must be under 20KB and your picture is a little bit bigger (20,16KB).

Try to get it down to 19KB or so (my pics usually have about 16KB). Maybe it'll work then.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the same problem. Try saving the image in Microsoft Paint instead of Photoshop or whatever program you used to make the graphic.
LisiBee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestions. I saved the image in Paint, which made it a much smaller image (less than 6KB), and I'm still getting the same "image/jpg" message. Think I'm going to give up on this one, but thanks for trying to help.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should send a PM to Warren ("Hobbes") then. He's the webmaster of the LVI and he might be able to help you.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely PM Warren before you give up, Lisibee, Warren knows practically EVERY fix for nearly EVERY problem *points at sig* another reason why Warren = GOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will do any good but I had luck helping somebody else like this just by running their pic through my Paintshop Pro and redoing it as a .JPG (even though it was already a .JPG ). Strange are the ways of computer thingies!

Your original pic showed up as 19.6 KB as a .JPG and now it's showing as 7.4 KB for me. Maybe that will help?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6513/saw2km4.jpg

Anyway, don't give up! Warren will be able to figure something out if this didn't do any good for you. I really want to see your vid, judging from the pic!
LisiBee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I don't know if this will do any good but I had luck helping somebody else like this just by running their pic through my Paintshop Pro and redoing it as a .JPG (even though it was already a .JPG ). Strange are the ways of computer thingies!

Thank you for trying, but still no dice. Getting to my wit's end here, and I like to think that I'm more patient than most. I have PM'ed Warren, so maybe he'll be able to work some magic.

Quote:
I really want to see your vid, judging from the pic!

I'm not sure the vid is going to be able to support the build-up at this point!
LisiBee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update--because I know everyone's on the edge of their seat following this unfolding drama.

After much struggling, and help from Aislynn and Hobbes, I was able to successfully upload the vid with the pic I wanted, but only after I switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox. I have no idea why this worked, but it did.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice, I really appreciate it!

~LisiBee
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! *throws confetti*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: