Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submit Your Bios.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Submit Your Bios. Reply with quote

We're reshaping the vidder profiles a bit, and now there's a space for a person's profile and website. So if anyone would like to say a little more about themselves or their videos on the main site, then please submit your bio and/or website right here, and we'll add it to the site! Keep in mind, this is only if you already have a video accepted onto the site. Please try to keep this strictly for the submission of the biographies and websites, i.e. try not to comment on the other people's bios unless you're posting your own along with your comment! We have almost 50 bioraphies to add to the site, I want this a clean match lol
I don't believe there has to be a limit to the biographies, but keep in mind that the longer, the more boring so try not to make them toooooo long! A paragraph or two would be great!

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolute no idea on what to say on my bio Isn't that sad?? LOL

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
I have absolute no idea on what to say on my bio Isn't that sad?? LOL

l'm right there with you LZ.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know what to say either.

How about for starters:

I like lost!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I have no idea either

Well, let me just write it now...

My name is Hobbes, but you can call me Warren! I've been a diehard fan of Lost since it's first weeks, and I've never looked back since. In fact, my internet name was created as it is in relation to my favourite character on the show, John Locke, since Hobbes, as everyone knows of COURSE *rolls eyes* was a famous philosopher like the Locke our favourite baldy was named after. Despite that, I'm probably still thought of as the tall, fluffy, tiger we all know so well who goes gallavanting around with his bud Calvin...
I came to the vidding world later than most would believe, making my first video of any fandom far into January of 2005, when Lost was about halfway through it's first season. Two more videos quickly followed it. Before that, I hardly even knew how to use Windows Movie Maker, but I learned quickly. Before my second and third videos were even put up on the site, I got an email from Lost Video Island, the founders of which were complete strangers at the time, to join a new council they were implementing within the coming month to judge videos. Needless to say, I was absolutely flattered and honoured to accept the position, especially among such great vidders as LAURA4LAD (who I knew before LVI. She even hosted my first videos when I just started out! Cheers for Laura! ^^ You can take those videos down now, you know! LOL) and Charmax, whose videos dazzle(d) me beyond belief.
Since then I've been here, making the odd video and helping the site as "freaking" best I can! I'll do any of the grunt work I can find, and usually have to be the nanny around here, cleaning up voting messes and whatnot *rolls eyes*, but in exchange I get to voice my bossy, opinionative ideas every once in a while, so I'm happy! I couldn't have asked for a better time here at LVI. I've met great people, great great great vidders, and even saved Lost from the fate of so many of my other addictions that burnt themselves out through the years. I'd just like to take this time to thank LVI, and those two behind the curtain, Lostcalier and Enchirito, for this vision, and taking me along with them. I couldn't be happier!
And now, let's all see the videos that got me the job! Onto the downloads!

-Warren, aka. "Hobbes", 05/05/05

Wow *reads over* I should have saved that one for the Oscars! I really hope that thing isn't too long >.< yikes... Okay, onto the next person!

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri May 06, 2005 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I felt compelled to finish my bio since it's been sitting on my computer unfinished for a good while now . It's not short, but most know not to expect that from me , and I'll probably end up having to shrink it down. But you guys get to read the unedited version of my bio for the site.

Bio: As all of you know I’m Lostcalier, founder of LVI. I am also about to be a senior in college studying film production. Film and everything to do with film have always been a passion of mine. Over the summer of 2004 I heard about this new show called Lost and thought it was a cool idea. Then I forgot about it until I accidentally stumbled upon it on the night of its premiere. I fell in love with the show in the first few moments of watching it. In the first few weeks of the show airing I started to see a calling for fan made videos. With my love of editing I always had an interest in them but had never made one. I felt my style was more suited for film editing. Then I found the art hidden within fan video making.

After “White Rabbit” I made my first fan video “You Raise Me Up”. Which isn’t a great video by far, but is sentimental to me, because it started the dream of LVI. A few videos later and the idea of a Lost video site wouldn’t leave my head. But I had no webmaster skills. Then I had my first fateful meeting with Enchirito. With my financial backing and his incredible webmaster skills we brought my dream into existence.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine what LVI would become. With our growth came the need for some changes. A change that gave me the privilege of having the chance to work with some incredible vidders who I will always admire and respect: Hobbes (Warren), Laura, Charmax, Jake, and LostZilla, not to mention my partner in crime Enchirito. I can’t imagine LVI without them. I pay the bills but the vidders of this community and all the people I named above are what make LVI special. Thanks for making the dream come true!

-Lostcalier 5/6/2005

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net

Last edited by lostcalier on Fri May 06, 2005 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Hobbes, thats really alot..lol. Okay here l go.

My name is Holly, l'm 20 years old and Canadian. l first came to this site looking for Charlie and Claire videos. l was wandering around over at ~Video Elite~Resources and came across this amazing site. l've seen pretty close to every vid that was on the site and l gotta say, they were all FANTASTIC.

l started watching the show one night (it was the first episode and l loved it btw) and by the next week it was already into episode 1x07 "The Moth". l hadn't noticed at first that l had missed alot of episodes but l caught on. So l HAD to download ep's 2 through 6...lol. After that l never missed a single episode. l told my sisters about the show and they told me to download all the eps that have been on already, and that was like ep's 1 to 12 l think. So anyway after they were caught up, l started to mess around in WMM.
l made like 6 vids before l actually saw the Submission page on LVI...lol. l also hadn't even found my way to the forums yet back then.

l naturally wanted to send in my vids so l did. The first couple got rejected but l finally got a winner with my "Original Prankster" vid. YAY.
And the thing is l was down right convinced that that vid would've been rejected but hey, you guys obviously liked it and l was so, so happy that you did, and excited not to mention that it was going to be up on your guy's site with all the other wonderful, talented vidders.

Now since l've been here, l've made alot of new, and very cool friends. You guy's are my LVI family and l love all of you. You're all so very nice and friendly and willing to help out anyone who asks for it. l couldn't have found a better bunch of people (or another Lost Forum) then these folks and this crazy forum right here. As long as the sites here and ya'll are here, well l'm not going to be going anywhere anytime soon. That goes for the vids too...lol.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LVI.

Love Holly~05/06/05

Last edited by Hollywood on Fri May 06, 2005 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, you guys! YEAH I need to get on this, but i'm waiting for E to tell us it can only be 200 characters or something LOL-laura <--who is always serious.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. It can be as long as you want.. . but the shorter it is, the greater the chance that people might actually read it.

BA-ZING.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo i just wrote a novel and deleted it....i will work on this when its not 3am LOL-laura

EDIT TO ADD< I knew my BAZING would catch on, love the bricks LOL

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. still no idea! LOL Did i tell you guys I suck at writing? well you guys are good. Now i'm gonna have to come up with somethin about.... myself?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
hmm.. still no idea! LOL Did i tell you guys I suck at writing? well you guys are good. Now i'm gonna have to come up with somethin about.... myself?

Lostzilla I'm a writing minor...it doesn't help. I'm gonna go for short and sweet later when the sun isn't rising-night!-l

Jake's Twin
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bio: As a vidder I'm pretty much one of the many new kids on the block you'll find around here. Female. Twenty-Something. Caucasian. American. Lover of sushi and honest feedback. Wonderdog the Threadmaster. Sometimes funny. Sometimes not. You can get to know me in the forums. It will all become much clearer. Word.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Bio: As a vidder I'm pretty much one of the many new kids on the block you'll find around here. Female. Twenty-Something. Caucasian. American. Lover of sushi and honest feedback. Wonderdog the Threadmaster. Sometimes funny. Sometimes not. You can get to know me in the forums. It will all become much clearer. Word.

fucking brilliant wonderdog!

Jake's Twin
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you bi-otch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: