Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x06 - I Do Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: 3x06 - I Do Episode Discussion Reply with quote

It's a Kate ep and the "mid-season cliff-hanger" ep!

Ep description:

Spoiler:

Kate asks Jack to do the unbelievable, but can she be trusted or have the others turned another Flight 815 survivor?

Remember to use spoiler tags until the episode has aired and when talking about future episodes.

Spoiler:

No new Lost eps until WHEN????

Last edited by Aislynn on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy some nice, friendly discussion!

*puts out cookie buffet*
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I predict the jater in me will be crying with the skex!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode has aired here....must say that I did like the episode, but I was disappointed that the cliffhanger didn't surround what it was rumored to surround....Penny. Oh well. I thought the cliffhanger coulda been a bit more intense, but at the same time, loved the Skate AND Jate scenes. Unfortunately, yes, Jack may give them a headstart, but Jack doesn't know about the island. Tsk.

I do however, wonder why Desmond attacks Charlie. That is something I'm looking foward to seeing when the show gears back up in February.

Overall, a little bit disappointed, but still of course, I'm left wanting more. Can't wait for February!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Harp et al, you got me. This episode was GREAT. It was one of the few in quite a while that had me going "YEAH! FIGHT THE POWER JACK!". It was really sweet-that hes supposedly going to sacrifice himself for them.

1.) As for the "sex" scene...I can die a happy woman now.

HOWEVER

2.) A "bad weather alert" came onto my TV, blocking out the sound of the post-coital discussion so I have NO idea what was said between Kate and Sawyer.

3.) Yeah, I ended up watching it with me mumsee- she was at the really big tv.

4.) Did it seem ridiculously easy that Jack could just walk out? I thought it was a trap for sure. At least they didnt set up the "live feed from the petting zoo!" for him.

5.) I thought the discussion between Sayid and Locke was good, I just wish there had been more of it. I thought it was interesting when he said "the people on the beach call it the monster"- what a TOTAL "Lord of the Flies" line! But I WAS upset when he said "Eko died for a reason". Sounds like we havent learned anything from the other fatalities...pity.

6.) Fun mirror-imaging, Kevin as a cop and Kate the criminal, and Ana the cop and Sawyer the criminal...

6.) Wow those last scenes were super-tense.

All in all, no real complaints!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that Nathan Fillion rocks like woah, I HATED the Kate flashback scenes. More later.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this one, too, even if I felt like the cliffhanger wasn't as exciting as I had hoped--it WAS still good.

Rocksiren wrote:
A "bad weather alert" came onto my TV, blocking out the sound of the post-coital discussion so I have NO idea what was said between Kate and Sawyer.

I had an update about election stuff in Indianapolis on mine, but it was a small ticker, so I could still see most of it. Basically, he was just holding her and stroking her hair, from what I COULD see...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the flashbacks were "meh"...although they werent very long and it was good to see the Marshall again...for some reason.

And yeah I dont know what they were *saying*...thats okay, Ill see when I dload it.

Almost forgot to mention- how cool is it that Alex is JUST like her mother? Its awesome.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent this to you, Ruth, but since Jen had an "obstructed view" and maybe somebody else missed it too, I'll go ahead and post this here, just in case anybody else would like to see it! Luanne, a kindly Skater from LF, has a bunch of the Skate scenes up in her YouTube account:

Hopefully unnecessary warning:

DO NOT watch those bits if you haven't seen the episode and don't want to be spoiled.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Luanne1

So yes, I just watched all the Skate scenes AND the cliff-hanger ending! Hey, I promise I'll still enjoy the ep when I see it!
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly: LOLOLOLOL @ Kate's flashbacks. OMG, SHE WAS SO PERKY AND CHEESY. I could not keep a straight face at all.

The Skate was good. I watched it at 8 in Canada, so fortunately, no weather warnings mucked it up.

More on everything else tomorrow. In the meantime: OMG, IS IT FEBRUARY YET?

ooangeliceviloo: As for why Desmond attacks Charlie, have you seen the pictures for Des' flashbacks in 3x08? Apparently,
Spoiler:

he and Charlie had a chance encounter on the streets of London. Maybe their little wrestling match has something to do with that? This seems to be an episode where Des goes completely crazy. I imagine it has to do with his psychic abilities.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh no I hadn't seen them. Sounds interesting...hrmmm..
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thank you so much Aislynn, I was actually sitting here CRYING (I dont cry, seriously- the only other time was Boone's death)- it was perfect, even if youre a jater you must admit that was really sexy and romantic.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CANT DO TACO NIGHT!!!

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
I CANT DO TACO NIGHT!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was better than the last episode, and overall I liked it, but not much happened. I'm getting a bit pent up, restless and irritated. Here's to hoping that it won't be this damn slow in February.

Rocksiren wrote:

5.) I thought the discussion between Sayid and Locke was good, I just wish there had been more of it. I thought it was interesting when he said "the people on the beach call it the monster"- what a TOTAL "Lord of the Flies" line! But I WAS upset when he said "Eko died for a reason". Sounds like we havent learned anything from the other fatalities...pity.

I loved the interaction between Sayid and Locke too! Just about everything they ever say between each other is awesome. I also wish it went on longer. But I have to disagree about Locke "not learning" from other fatalities. Now that he knows the button did something, he saved Desmond's life and that finding the hatch and everything was for a reason, he's now back to his belief in the island and that everything happens for a reason. The only reason he stopped believing that in season 2 was because he thought all he went through over the hatch was for nothing.

Rocksiren wrote:
6.) Fun mirror-imaging, Kevin as a cop and Kate the criminal, and Ana the cop and Sawyer the criminal...

"What you see is what you get."

Rocksiren wrote:
6.) Wow those last scenes were super-tense.

Yeah, things were actually almost starting to rock, and I was really surprised that Lost ended just then. But I don't understand why TPTB were calling the cliff-hanger "brain-frying" or "jump-the-shark". There must have been some last-minute editing or something, that had to do with
Spoiler:

Juliet. But even what I've heard isn't brain-frying. I just don't get it.

Jesus, when is it that Locke will finally stop hanging around and DO SOMETHING?!?

sig by IslandofMystery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: