Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SurReality TV: The Challenge (feat. assorted LVIers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO too perfect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...okay guys. I FINALLY have an idea for the next couple of episodes (including the next Challenge) and will get to work on it ASAP, however...I'm pretty tapped for ideas and it's getting to a point where pretty soon there will be a merge of the teams and I will need ideas for individual-oriented Challenges. Any and all ideas should be PMed to me, if you have them and I'll see what I can do. I need all the help I can get!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Jack... in a cage...

Heehee!

Supernatural Video Station
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
I'm thinking Jack... in a cage...

Heehee!

TSK TSK!

Ok, given I had a day off and very little to do, I finally wrote the next episode Hope you all enjoy.

After a long day, the Blue Team all slowly filter out of the Community Room to retire. Jack and Steph curl up together in Jack’s bed and she falls asleep with her head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her.

As per her new ritual, Ruth has relaxed in Paul’s bed, curling up against one of the pillows she’s turned on its side.

The Red Team, too, has had a long day, but only Nikki, Marcus, and Warren go to bed at a decent hour. Jen and Charlie stay up an extra few hours to discuss their current situation with the absence of Claire and how best to go about enjoying themselves without creating even more drama and tension, not only with their team, but with those on the Castaway Island that Charlie still knows nothing about. Eventually, however, they too head to their beds and seek their slumber. Tomorrow there is a vote, and likely...another Challenge.

“Marcus, get up.”

Marcus groans and rolls over, hiding his head under the pillow. “Five more minutes.”

Nikki frowns. “You said that an hour ago,” she sighs, “get up...we let you sleep through breakfast, but we have to vote in ten minutes.”

“FIVE MORE MINUTES!” Marcus grumbles loudly from under the pillow. He hadn’t slept well the previous night. Having still been wired from his team’s win, it was hard enough for him to fall asleep in the first place, but he had been awakened once when Charlie and Jen had come to bed...again when Warren had gotten up, likely for a bathroom break, and once when Nikki woke up to get a drink. He knew this because she dropped the glass when she tried to put it on her bedside table and it shattered loudly to the floor.

“GET UP!” Nikki shouts back and throws a pillow at him before yanking his blankets off and lifting the pillow from his head.

“Who’s missing?” Kate asks, looking around the room as everyone makes themselves comfortable in the Community Room, waiting for Ben’s voice to tell them it’s time to vote.

“Gerbil,” Steph says.

Kate gives her a confused look.

“Marcus,” Colin clarifies, “from the Red Team.”

“And Nikki,” Locke speaks up.

As if on cue, the two of them walk into the Community Room. Marcus still looks as exhausted as he feels, but he finally relented to Nikki. There is, after all, a vote to be had...he can take a nap after the send-off.

Yawning, Marcus plops down beside Warren on the couch and waits, too, for Ben to begin the voting process.

Nikki takes her seat beside Jen and Charlie as the speakers come to life with Ben’s voice.

“Good morning, players. Today, the Red Team will vote someone to sit out of their next Challenge, while the Blue Team will be sending someone home. Charlie, please come up and place your vote for the Red Team, first.”

Nodding as he stands, Charlie makes his way to the front table and punches in his vote. He doesn’t pause to think about it before he does so. After he sets down the voting device, he sits back down again beside Jen.

Warren votes next, then Marcus, then Nikki, and lastly Jen is called. None of them hesitate when placing their votes, because, essentially, the people they vote for still stays in the game.

“Jack,” Ben says after a short pause following Jen’s retreat back to the couch, “please place your vote for the Blue Team member to be sent home.”

With a sigh, Jack takes his arm back from around Steph’s shoulders and stands, making his way to the front table. He stares down at the display screen of the voting device.

1. Kate
2. John
3. Steph
4. Colin
5. Jack
6. Ruth

After a few moments of thought, Jack sighs again and places his vote, gingerly placing the device back down on the table and returning to his seat beside Steph on the floor.

Ben calls Kate up next and she, too, hesitates slightly before making her selection.

“Colin,” Ben says and Colin stands, making his way forward to place his vote.

Following Colin, Ben calls Ruth, then Steph, and lastly Locke. All of them make their selections slowly and in a more calculated fashion than the Red Team, because the Red Team’s vote matters much less than theirs.

When Locke has again taken his seat on one of the chairs, there is a momentary pause before Ben beings to announce the results.

“The member of the Red Team voted to sit out the next Challenge is...”

Each of the members of the Red Team wait for the answer. Nikki closes her eyes and feels her stomach flip-flop. She knows that she’s been the best competitor for the Red Team, but she also knows that she’s failed to buddy-up. With Claire and Sawyer gone, Nikki is on her own, because she’s stayed out of the drama unfolding amongst the members of her team. She’s certain that she’s been chosen to sit the next Challenge out and is on the chopping block for the next time her team needs to vote someone away.

The screen flashes white and in the traditional bold, red lettering, CHARLIE is spelled out.

A few members of the Blue Team look over, surprised. Nikki, too, snaps her head to the side to look at Charlie. She can’t believe that her name isn’t written across the screen. None of her team members look up at her, including Charlie; all of them stare at the floor after having seen the result.

“The member of the Blue Team voted out of the game is...” Ben says and everyone looks back up or over at the screen in anticipation.

When the screen flashes white, the bold, blue letting on the screen is Steph’s name.

Nodding and saying nothing, Steph looks down. It’s better this way, she thinks, because she’s missing home—mostly, her son. It was fun while it lasted, but she won’t be sorry to leave.

“Steph, you will have twenty minutes to gather your things and meet me outside for the taxi to take you home,” Ben says, “the rest of you will receive a clue for tomorrow’s Challenge immediately following the send-off. Until then.”

The screen goes black and automatically shuts off.

After saying a lengthy goodbye to Jack in the shower room, Steph doles out the traditional hugs to everyone, telling them that she’ll miss them and wishing them all luck in the game. Jack and Locke load Steph’s things into the trunk of the taxi as she rounds out her goodbyes with an extra hug to Colin, and then one to Marcus.

“Good luck, guys,” she says with a smile. It’s easier for her to smile than she thought it would be; it isn’t forced. She’s ready to be finished with this game and return to her normal life at home.

Colin frowns and nods. “Thanks...” he says softly. He’s sad to see her go, of course, but he’s also feeling slightly abandoned by her departure. He wonders who voted her away.

“Bye Steph,” Marcus says quietly, also frowning. He forces a smile when she looks him in the eye and tells him to kick some ass.

Ben opens the back door of the taxi and helps Steph in, closing the door behind her and taking his seat in the front passenger side. As the taxi pulls away, slowly, the remaining players, as always, filter back into the Community Room to await their clue.

When the taxi has taken the turn at the end of the dirt path leading away from the Community Room, Ben turns in his seat to look at Steph.

“I am now going to extend to you the invitation all the other vote-offs have been given,” he tells her.

Steph raises an eyebrow. “Huh...?”

“When a player has been voted off, that player has been invited to stay in the game for the final vote—that which decides between the final two players for the win of the game. If you would like to stay for this, we’ll be taking you to the Castaway Island to stay with Sun, Aislynn, Sawyer, Paul, and Claire. If you decide to opt out, we will take you to the airport where there will be a private jet waiting to take you home. Would you like to stay in the game?” Ben asks.

A pregnant pause falls between them as Steph considers this. She could stay and help decide who the actual winner of the game is...that would be interesting. Or, she could go home and put this game behind her...she could spend time with her family and go back to normalcy. That, too, had it’s virtues.

Finally, a few moments later as the taxi stops at a fork in the road, awaiting her decision in order to take the proper turn, Steph decides.

“Thank you,” she tells Ben, “but I think I’d rather just go home.”

“You’re certain?” Ben asks, offering her one last chance to change her mind.

Steph nods. “Yes. Thank you, anyway, but I’d like to go home.”

Ben smiles at her and nods in return. “Very well,” he says, “in just a few minutes, you’ll be on your way.”

Good, Steph thinks with a smile, relaxing against the seat of the taxi as it turns onto the left division of the fork in the road. I’m ready to go home. Home, sweet home, here I come...

A/N: Steph has asked, for her own personal reasons, to leave the Challenge. I assure you that she’s fine, however. That said, although the Blue Team votes do not reflect this result, I am altering the results of your vote in her favor, so that she can be written out at her request. Please note that I never change the results of a vote, as Stardael can confirm. She never shares with me who voted for who, just the majority result for each team and I always stick to that when writing. This will be the one and only exception to the rule.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Steph, I was 100% sure it was going to be me, lol.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, poor Steph. Why are you breaking up all the couples!

Just kidding. I read the "small print" and I know that Steph asked to be written out.

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully, I'll have time to read it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A/N: I know it's been a really long time since I've updated and I'm sorry, but things have been crazy at work lately and my head hasn't been in the game. In any case, this is really short but I promise to get more up as soon as I can, and I'm still working on outlining the Challenge that's coming up. I'm hoping that this will hold you guys over. Enjoy

After waiting outside for nearly an hour after the vote the Challengers put forth, those on the Castaway Island resigned themselves to the conclusion that whomever had been voted to go home had decided against joining them at their own personal paradise.

When the day had dwindled into night, Sun and Paul stand out on the beach fighting against the heavy breeze to light a bonfire.

“Hold on,” Sun says, “there’s one of those...uh...grill lighter things...” she pauses, thinking.

Paul raises his eyebrow at her. “Grill lighter...?” he asks grinning.

“You know, one of those lighters with the long, uh, thing, the long...” she gestures to show him what she means. “You know, so that you don’t burn yourself...?”

Still grinning, Paul nods. “I knew what you meant,” he adds laughing.

Claire stands in the doorway of the Community Room. “Do you need something?” she calls out to them, her voice nearly lost in the wind.

“Yeah,” Paul calls back, “that grill lighter up on the refrigerator, if you don’t mind?”

Nodding, Claire heads back into the Community Room, returning a few moments later and bringing Paul the lighter.

The girls help Paul block the wind as he lights a few pieces of scrap paper and some of the kindling, waiting for it to ignite the logs.

“This was a really good idea, Paul,” Claire says with a smile as she lowers herself down onto her behind, crossing her legs beneath herself on the sand.

“Thanks,” Paul replies, “I just wish it wasn’t so windy...”

“It’ll calm down,” Sun says, “I think it will, anyhow.”

Paul leans back a little as the flames take. He looks around behind him. “Where the hell are Ais and Sawyer with the marshmallows and chocolate?”

“I can’t believe there are no bloody graham crackers,” Claire sighs.

“Sawyer...” Aislynn tries to chastise as she giggles.

Sawyer grins at her, his hands on her hips as he pins her up against the kitchen counter. “Sticks...”

“They’re waiting,” she giggles, biting her bottom lip and blushing, nodding her head toward the door, meaning those on the beach.

Saying nothing in return, Sawyer lifts Aislynn off her feet and sets her sitting on top of the counter, coming up closer and not losing his locked gaze with her. “Let ‘em wait...”

Jen tosses another rock into the ocean and leans back with her hands behind her in the sand. “A bonfire. God I hate those guys...” she whispers to herself with a smile and a sigh.

“Who?”

Startled, Jen quickly turns around to see Charlie approaching her in the darkness. “Nothing. Um, I mean, nobody.”

Raising an eyebrow, Charlie drops down beside her in the sand. “Liar,” he laughs and nods toward the small blaze out in the distance. “Who made that? You know...?”

Frowning, Jen sighs again. “Yeah, I know.”

A short pause falls between the two of them. “Well?” Charlie asks.

“It’s the people we voted off,” she says.

Charlie looks intrigued. “Really?”

Jen nods. “Yeah...I got really curious and went over there one night and I heard Aislynn and Sawyer...and Sun.”

“Cool, at least we don’t have to actually go home, then...” he replies.

As she resists the urge to let out another sigh, having not wanted to share the information again, Jen looks over at Charlie and then past him. “Hey...” she says softly, a smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth.

Charlie, too, looks around and then back at Jen. “What...?”

“We’re all alone...” she says with a smile, “and we’re not in the shower room...”

Charlie smiles and scoots closer to her. “So it seems...”

“Seriously...” Aislynn whispers as her eyes close into a slow blink.

“Seriously, what, Sticks...?” Sawyer breathes as he pulls away from their kiss to press his lips to her collarbone.

Aislynn lets out a small sigh and closes her eyes again. “The...s’mores...”

A grin crosses Sawyer’s lips and he looks up at her. “Whatcha say we take them their marshmallows and head back to the sleeping quarters?”

Blushing, Aislynn catches her bottom lip between her teeth again, looking into his eyes slowly.

“I thought so,” Sawyer says with a grin, “you can just meet me there. I’ll take them their stuff, or else you’ll feel all guilty and get caught up with those guys and never meet me in the sleeping quarters,” he adds, winking.

Yawning, Colin sets down his hand of cards. “I’m too tired to keep playing,” he sighs.

Marcus frowns. “We just started...”

“Well, I don’t want to play anymore, all right?” Colin asks, furrowing his brow, “I’m tired. We’ll play tomorrow.”

Kate looks over at him and frowns, too. “You okay, Colin?”

“We know you’re taking it kinda rough that Steph left,” Ruth adds, setting her cards face down on the coffee table.

“I’m just tired...” Colin says, raising his eyebrows and looking over at the clock. “It’s past midnight, after all...”

“Still...” Nikki says quietly.

Locke looks over at Colin. “If you’re tired, you can go to bed. We don’t mind.”

“Yeah,” Jack says, “if you’re tired, you should get some sleep. We have that Challenge tomorrow, and all.”

Warren and Marcus exchange looks with one another. They know how he feels; they felt it when Aislynn left the game.

Without another word, Colin gets up and heads out of the Community Room to go to bed.

“I miss Jin...” Sun sighs dropping her head on Paul’s shoulder as she pops a marshmallow into her mouth.

“I miss Ruth...” Paul says quietly draping an arm around Sun.

The two of them look over at Claire and she rests her head down on Paul’s other shoulder. “Yeah, all right, I miss Charlie,” she admits, frowning and reaching over Paul to take a marshmallow out of the bag that Sun holds in her hands.

Paul puts his other arm around Claire. “Well,” he sighs, “we can sit here and mope about it, or two out of three of us can go back and see...”

Claire lifts her head and looks over at Paul. “You mean go back to the other island?”

Paul grins wickedly. “That’s precisely what I mean.”

Last edited by mistojen on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk tsk, Lady Jen Of Sexland. TSK TSK!

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey now, it's all implied and hasnt quite happened yet so you hush, Kayla
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
hey now, it's all implied and hasnt quite happened yet so you hush, Kayla

Two words, Jen: SHOWER ROOM

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about Charlie and I, we still had our clothes on when Aislynn found us

...oh, yeah...

I forgot about Jeph.

Well doesn't that make STEPH the Lady of Sexland??
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
If you're talking about Charlie and I, we still had our clothes on when Aislynn found us

...oh, yeah...

I forgot about Jeph.

Well doesn't that make STEPH the Lady of Sexland??

*wishes there was a head-shake emote* No, Jen. It doesn't. You are and always will be the Lady of Sexland! You just will. No arguments.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt Paul and I get it on?

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, you did, Ruth, I totally forgot! Mostly because it was pretty much implied and never said outright, I tend to forget things. Sawyer and Ais have, too, I think, or at least will

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
*wishes there was a head-shake emote* No, Jen. It doesn't. You are and always will be the Lady of Sexland! You just will. No arguments.

*sigh* Well, all right, then. I guess you win.

PS--you're probably making Marcus and Colin puke talking about me being the Lady of Sexland, you know... *tsks you*
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my imaginary love life is better than my actual love life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: