Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SurReality TV: The Challenge (feat. assorted LVIers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I'm glad you're feeling better about it And I'm so glad everyone is still into this fic
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie just can't help himself, can he?
I have to be honest... After that last challenge, I was surprised at seeing Claire go too. But I'm just the messenger, so no one cares about what I think. I bet we'll be seeing some Aislynn/Sawyer/Claire drama on the second island now, eh?
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God, I feel like such a d*ck! Well, I'm a girl, but my character isn't.

Okay, sure, Claire tried like hell in the last challenge, but she failed loads of times before that. Why am I trying to defend myself. lol. It's just a story. I'm getting too into this!

Anyway, yeah, I want to see Sawyer/Ais/Claire stuff too!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“They have a Challenge today, right?” Paul asks, sitting down on the couch and looking over at Aislynn.

Aislynn nods. “Yeah, they booted somebody today, too...I wonder who...”

Secretly, Aislynn is almost afraid to find out. If, on some weird whim, the Red Team decided to send Claire packing after all of her efforts at the last Challenge, she’ll be joining them on this island. Sawyer and Ais have been getting on so well and they’re beginning to feel like a real couple, but his over-concern for Claire has become an over-concern for Aislynn, and if Claire comes over, it’s certain to burst Aislynn’s bubble of nearly perfect existence.

“The taxi’s coming!” Sun calls out from the beach.

Sawyer walks into the living room from the kitchen, chewing the last of his breakfast burrito. “The new person here?” he asks.

“Sun just said the taxi’s coming,” Paul replies, standing.

Aislynn, too, stands and follows Paul outside with Sawyer trailing slightly behind her.

Nikki pulls on a pair of soccer shorts and a t-shirt over her bathing suit. “What do you suppose we’re doing today? I don’t get that stupid clue at all...”

“You never do,” Charlie jokes.

“No one asked you,” Nikki snaps.

Charlie puts both hands up defensively. “I was kidding...no one else gets it, either.”

Jen, Warren, Marcus, and Nikki exchange looks.

“See?” Charlie insists.

“No way...” Aislynn whispers.

The taxi stops in front of them and Ben gets out, opening the door for Claire.

While Paul makes his way forward to get her bags out of the trunk, Sawyer stares.

“You’re kidding...” he mutters.

Claire shrugs. “Wish I was,” she replies. “Hey Aislynn, I missed you.”

“Missed you, too,” Aislynn says, although it’s somewhat of a lie, seeing as how Ais has been distracted plenty from missing anyone still in the game.

Claire gives hugs all around and lets Aislynn show her to the sleeping quarters.

“Okay,” Jack says, “let’s go.”

They’ve had another team chat and they’ve pep-talked one another. The Blue Team is ready to go in for the win and hold onto their players for one more round, at least.

As they file out of their hut, they can see the Red Team starting down the path they followed to their first Challenge, out in the woods.

“Look at that...” Kate whispers to Steph as they trail the rest of their team. She points.

Charlie wraps an arm around Jen’s waist and they disappear around a turn, following their team slowly, taking up the rear.

“Yeah?” Steph asks.

“That’s disgusting,” Kate snorts, “they just voted Claire out and already they’re all hangy on each other? How horrible!”

Steph shrugs and watches Jack as he walks just ahead of them. She has every intention of staying out of the Red Team’s affairs, as the Blue Team has agreed. Charlie and Jen’s pseudo-relationship is not one that she cares to keep track of.

“Mon Amie, hurry up!” Marcus calls out as he makes the final turn on the path.

His voice echoes slightly as it reaches Jen’s ears and she realizes just how far behind she and Charlie have gotten. Slowly, Jen slips away from Charlie’s hold and walks a little faster.

“What?” Charlie asks, confused.

“We’re getting behind,” Jen replies, “and anyway...maybe now is way too soon. You know?”

“So, what?” Charlie asks, “we have to sneak around still, even though Claire is gone?”

For a moment, as Charlie catches up to her again, Jen considers sharing her secret with him. Even though Claire is gone, she isn’t really gone. And then a horrible thought occurs to her. What if Claire tells the other castaways that Warren and Jen know about the second island?

“Hey Warren!” Jen calls out.

Charlie stares at her. “What the bloody hell...?”

“Yeah?” Warren calls back.

“C’mere!”

“Jen, what...?” Charlie starts.

Jen cuts him off, shaking her head. “Can I talk to Warren just for a second...in private?”

Raising an eyebrow, Charlie nods as Warren appears again. Charlie walks away, deliberately on the slow side.

“What’s up?” Warren asks.

Jen looks around reflexively and seeing that the Blue Team is still trailing them significantly and Charlie has gone behind the bush from which Warren appeared, she leans close to Warren. “I just thought of something,” she whispers in his ear, “what if Claire tells on us that we know about that island?”

Warren pauses and looks at Jen uncertainly. “So what?”

Jen shrugs. “I mean, that’d be bad, right?”

“Nah,” Warren replies, “what are they gonna do about it? They can’t do anything. Don’t worry about it. Head in the game, okay? Head in the game.”

Nodding, Jen sighs. “Head in the game. Got it.”

Ruth makes herself comfortable, lying sprawled out on the Community Room couch and switches on the television. The Red Team is already standing around Ben, waiting on the Blue Team to show up. One by one, they appear through a gap in the trees and Ben begins to speak.

“Shh, it’s starting,” Aislynn says, grinning as she sits down, with her traditional bowl of popcorn, in front of the television.

Claire rolls her eyes and frowns as she watches Charlie and Jen standing too close together for her taste.

“What’s that on the mat there?” Paul asks, pointing.

Sun, Aislynn, and Sawyer squint to see. Claire flops back against her chair and frowns. She doesn’t care.

“Today, players, you will be Sumo wrestling,” Ben replies with a grin.

Colin and Marcus both grin widely. This Challenge sounds like a lot more fun than the Challenges they’ve had so far.

“Pairs have been randomly chosen. There will be three heats. In each heat, one pair at a time, consisting of one Blue Team member and one Red Team member, will wrestle against one another wearing inflatable Sumo suits. The goal is to push your opponent out of the red circle drawn on the mat. Very simple. The team with the most individual wins, wins the Challenge today. Any questions?” Ben asks.

He allows for a short pause as everyone looks around at everyone else, wondering who could possibly have a question about something so simple.

...and then Nikki raises her hand.

“Nikki?” Ben asks.

“Oh God, here we go...” Steph whispers to Kate, who grins and stifles a giggle.

“Um, is it always going to be girls against girls and boys against boys?” Nikki asks.

Ben shakes his head. “No. As a matter of fact, since the pairings have been randomly chosen, it’s very likely that some of the fights will be between one male and one female. But, sometimes, strength and size don’t matter, and this is one of those times. It will be about strategy and endurance. Any other questions?”

No one speaks this time.

Ruth snorts a little with laughter as she stretches out on the couch. “Awesome,” she giggles.

“Sumo wrestling?” Sun laughs, “this ought to be good...”

Sawyer grins. “Twenty bucks the limey runt loses every heat,” he says to Paul.

“Which limey runt?” Paul laughs.

“Charlie,” Claire says. “I’m in on that.”

Sawyer looks over at her from his seat beside Aislynn and smiles. “‘atta girl, Mamacita. Put ‘er there,” he adds, slapping a twenty dollar bill onto the coffee table.

Claire grins and reaches into her pocket, pulling out a couple of ten dollar bills, placing them down on the table on top of Sawyer’s money.

“I got ten he wins at least once,” Paul says, putting down a ten in a separate pile.

“I’m with Paul,” Ais says, putting down a twenty.

“Me too,” Sun replies, adding her money to the pile.

“Drink for every time Nikki wins?” Paul asks, raising his beer to Sawyer.

“Or says something retarded,” Sawyer laughs, taking a drink for her question.

“You guys are terrible,” Aislynn laughs.

The first pair, Colin and Jen, suit up in the Sumo suits and Ben raises a whistle to his lips as they each stand just outside the circle facing one another. Each of them puts in their mouth guard and waits for Ben’s whistle to start them off.

“Aim low, Colin!” Steph calls out to him.

Colin nods his understanding, but doesn’t look at her. He doesn’t want Jen to get a head start if the whistle blows.

“You can take ‘im, Jen, you’re bigger!” Warren says.

“Thanks, Warren,” Jen replies sarcastically, voice muffled from the mouth guard.

“It’s in the bag, Jen!” Nikki calls to her excitedly.

Ben blows the whistle and Colin and Jen bolt to the center of the circle, Jen surpassing it slightly, beating Colin to the punch. They collide roughly, each eliciting a grunt of effort as they shove one another.

Colin has aimed low at Jen, his shoulder contacting with her stomach. Jen, on the other hand, raises a knee and tries to knock Colin’s legs out from under him.

“Colin, watch out,” Locke calls to him.

But, it’s too late. Jen straightens her leg and kicks at the back of Colin’s knees, knocking him backward on his back onto the mat. This gives her nothing except a chance to catch her breath and recompose herself.

“Get up!” Jack yells at him.

“Come on, Colin!” Kate cheers in unison with Steph.

“Jen, drag him out of the circle!” Charlie yells.

“No, you idiot!” Warren snaps, “then she’ll step out.”

Instead of paying attention to her team, Jen watches as Colin struggles to get back to his feet, moving awkwardly in the inflatable suit. Finally, when Colin has gotten to his knees and begins to stand, Jen steps forward and before Colin can protect himself, Jen slams herself into him, putting all her weight behind it and Colin rolls out of the circle.

Ben blows the whistle and points at Jen. “Red Team Win. Next up,” he continues as a spotter helps Jen out of her inflatable suit and another helps Colin to his feet, “Steph and Nikki.”

“Dammit,” Ruth snaps angrily. “You had that, Colin!”

“That was awesome!” Paul laughs. “Colin got beat by a girl.”

“New stakes,” Sun says, setting down a five in a separate pile, “winners of the Charlie bets get to take the bank here...five bucks every time a girl beats a guy.”

“I like how you think, Sunshine,” Sawyer says with a wry grin, adding to her pile.

After the first heat, Jen has overtaken Colin. Nikki has beaten Steph, although it was a close and long fight to the finish. Locke has outdone Warren, Charlie has beaten Kate, and Marcus has managed to trick Jack into lunging when his balance was already off, resulting in a win for Marcus.

“Second heat,” Ben calls out, “first up, Charlie and Steph.”

Charlie sits back up from laying with his head on one of Jen’s knees as she sits Indian-style on the ground. He and Steph suit up and take their starting places, waiting for the whistle.

When the whistle blows, Steph and Charlie rush each other and Steph slams into him with her shoulder, knocking him clean off his feet. He lands hard on his back and lets out a moan of pain as his head connects with the mat.

“Yeah, Steph!” Kate screams, “hell yes!”

“Ohhh!” Paul and Sawyer moan out, laughing.

“Beautiful,” Claire giggles.

“That was really graceful on Charlie’s part,” Sun says.

“It looked like it hurt,” Aislynn says, trying to sound concerned, but unable to keep her giggles to herself.

“Ouch,” Ruth laughs, sitting back up on the couch and inching toward the edge of her seat. “Finish ‘im off, now...” she adds to Steph who Ruth knows can’t hear her.

“Charlie?” Jen calls out, standing. “Is he okay?” she asks Marcus, who stands, now, beside her.

“He’s not moving...”

“His eyes are open,” Warren says, “I think he’s just dizzy...”

Nikki nods, “he hit his head really hard. Get up, Charlie! Don’t let her beat you!”

Charlie shakes his head, trying to clear the black fuzz of dizziness that has overcome him from hitting so hard on the mat. Finally, he rolls over onto his stomach and begins to lift himself off the mat, making the huge mistake of having his back turned to Steph.

“Charlie, look out!” Jen shouts, wincing as Steph rams Charlie, hard, from behind just as he’s gotten to his feet.

Charlie’s body, top heavy from the inflatable suit, flails forward, his arms swinging rapidly to try to keep himself steady. But, she’s hit him too hard. Charlie falls forward again, more than half of his body crossing the red line.

Ben blows the whistle and points at Steph. “Blue Team win. Next up, John and Marcus.”

“Oh man,” Warren says softly, “he’s way bigger than you, Marcus...”

Marcus lets out a hiss of air, furrowing his brow as spotters help Steph and Charlie out of their suits.

When the two of them are free, Marcus and Locke step forward as Jen comforts Charlie, gently massaging his temples and Steph receives victory hugs from Colin, Kate, and Jack.

“Poor Charlie,” Aislynn whispers, still trying not to laugh.

“Poor Steph,” Sawyer snorts, “having to touch him.”

Claire rolls her eyes, but secretly rather enjoys hearing Sawyer put Charlie down after the way Charlie had treated her when she was still in the game, and, as it seems, continues to treat her while she is away.

“Jen and Jack,” Ben calls out as Kate and Nikki are stripped of their Sumo suits, following Nikki’s victory, and Locke’s before that.

“Aim low, Jen,” Warren tells her confidently. “Stay as low as you can without falling over and you’ll be okay.”

Jen nods and puts in her mouth guard again, waiting for the spotters to help her into the suit.

“You can win again, Jen,” Charlie says, smiling at her. “I know you can.”

“She’s gonna go for the knees, Jack,” Steph tells him as he lets the spotters help him into the suit, “so watch out.”

“Yeah and it hurts when she does,” Colin adds bitterly.

Jack looks back and forth between them. “She’s tiny. It’ll be a piece of cake. Don’t worry about me.”

“Famous last words,” Kate sighs, knowing Jack’s stubborn nature.

“Oh!” Ruth shouts as Jack hits the ground almost as hard as Charlie had earlier in the heat. “Ouch...”

“Oh man, she’s gonna take him out,” Sawyer says, “come on, Doc, you can’t be serious...”

“GET HER, JACK!” Claire shouts.

Jack stands up quickly and lunges at Jen, sending her sprawling through the air and landing hard on the mat.

“Oh, I’m sorry...” he says quickly.

“Jack!” Kate snaps angrily.

Jen shakes her head to clear it and rolls onto her stomach. Jack and Kate are still bickering and Jen takes the opportunity to position herself in a crouch, taking Jack’s ankles in her hands and in one swift pull, Jack is back on the mat and the force of his fall coupled with Jen’s slow reflexes in letting go of his ankles, pulls Jen forward, too. She lands on all fours and scrambles up, seeing that Jack is about to go out of the circle, she throws herself forward on top of him, rolling the two of them to the side.

“Jesus Christ, look at her go...” Charlie breathes.

Jen rolls the two of them so that Jack is on top of her and she’s at the edge of the circle and then shoves him, hard. Before Jack can get a good grip on her to drag her along, he’s rolled out of the circle.

Ben blows the whistle and declares a Red Team Win.

“Love the technique she used,” Claire replies sarcastically, “worked really well on Charlie.”

Aislynn looks over at Claire with wide eyes, but says nothing. The room quiets.

“Charlie’s an idiot,” Sawyer says solemnly.

“Never said he wasn’t,” Claire replies. “I need a nap. Let me know who wins,” she adds, and takes her leave, heading for the sleeping quarters, tired of looking at Jen and Charlie’s faces on the screen.

Warren and Colin face one another and as the whistle blows to start their fight, Warren rushes forward a little faster than Colin. He uses all of his weight, arms out in front of him, and shoves Colin with all his might. Colin is sent sprawling across the mat, his head and shoulders landing just outside the red circle.

“YEAH, WARREN!” Nikki screams excitedly as the whistle blows and Ben declares a Red win.

“Dammit!” Colin shouts angrily as he allows the spotters to pull him to his feet.

At the end of the second heat, Nikki, Jen, and Warren have cleaned up for Marcus and Charlie’s losses against Steph and Locke with their victories against Kate, Jack, and Colin.

The third heat has Jen and Kate fighting first. After a long battle of wills, Kate is taken off-guard and Jen wins.

Charlie takes out Colin next, the same way Warren had: with one extra-hard shove at the initial rush.

Next, Warren beats Jack in a fluke move in which Jack trips over Warren just as Warren is about to fall out of the circle.

“Sorry,” Marcus says as he and Steph push on each other to hold themselves locked in place, neither wanting to give.

“Me, too,” Steph says as she shoves Marcus hard in the stomach with both hands. Marcus stumbles, but doesn’t let go of Steph.

“Like I said,” Marcus says through gritted teeth, sweat dripping into his eyes from his lengthy battle with Steph, “sorry.” He uses all his weight to fling Steph away from him and she trips, landing on all fours on the wrong side of the red line.

“Damn...” Ruth sighs. It isn’t looking good for her team at all, although she can’t be sure, as she’d lost count of their wins versus losses.

Nikki stares Locke down as they both wait outside the circle for the whistle to blow.

When it does, they bum rush one another and, each using the same strategy, are locked into place in the center of the circle with fistfuls of each other’s suits.

“John, knock her down!” Jack screams.

“What’s she doing?” Marcus whispers to Warren.

Nikki smiles a little at Locke and bats her eyelashes.

“Oh, my God,” Warren gasps, laughing. “She’s brilliant!” he adds in a whisper.

“JOHN!” Kate shouts angrily.

Nikki grins wickedly and begins to move herself in a circular formation.

“‘the hell’s she doing...?” Paul asks, looking over at Aislynn and Sun.

The two women shrug and stare at the television.

“What the hell...?” Ruth asks herself, sitting closer to the edge of her seat.

“What the...?” Charlie whispers to Jen.

Jen shakes her head, furrowing her brow, confused.

Nikki leads Locke in large, slow circles, never unlocking her gaze from his eyes.

“God dammit, John!” Jack screams, “FIGHT HER!”

But, it’s too late. Nikki breaks her gaze just for a split second to check their position in the circle and, satisfied, she releases Locke’s suit from her grip and grins once more before shoving him with all of her might.

He doesn’t fall, but taken by surprise, he stumbles and steps outside the red circle with one foot and Ben blows the whistle, declaring a Red win.

“Oh, for Christ’s sake...” Sawyer hisses, rolling his eyes.

“Never underestimate the power of a woman,” Aislynn jokes, grinning.

“Red Team,” Ben says as Nikki and Locke climb out of their suits and join the rest of their teams in the semi-circle around the host of the Challenge, “with twelve wins to Blue’s three, you have until tomorrow morning at ten o’clock to choose who will sit out the next Challenge. Blue Team, unfortunately, you will need to decide who to send home.

“Until then,” Ben finishes, and walks away from the group, leaving them to take it all in.

The Red Team members join together for an excited group hug while the Blue Team, defeated, bitterly begins the trek to the Community Room, leaving the Red Team behind.

ETA:

A/N: Voting time. Send in your votes to Stardael by Tues, Jan 16. Blue needs to vote someone home and Red needs to vote someone to sit the next Challenge out. Thanks to Colin for the idea for this Challenge, by the way

Last edited by mistojen on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol bout time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no kidding, right?

PS,

Warren is the first one to R&R this episode?! That never happens!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG this has to be the best challenge yet!! And OMG Nikki!! I love her!!

*tsk tsk* You and Charlie!! *shakes head*

I would have liked to have been in the same position you were in at the end of the match between you and Jack *mmmmm*

Heehee!!

Kayla x

Supernatural Video Station
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again Jen so me!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice challenge! You now put rather disturbing images into my head of everyone in a sumo suit. Lost will never be the same again
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be devastated when Lost returns and I have to watch the writers' Nikki, instead of yours. SurReality TV Nikki PWNS!

I love how Sawyer called Sun Sunshine.

Quote:
“That was awesome!” Paul laughs. “Colin got beat by a girl.”

LOL!

P.S. Yay, girl power!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to take a jab at Locke's obvious infatuation and since the pull was for her to win that heat anyway, I figured it'd be funny

Kay - you can have Jack And yeah, bad me, bad Charlie...we suck.

Ruth - I'm so glad that I'm managing to guess well at how you'd act and react to things

Chris - LMAO! YES! ...Misson accomplished

Maria - I'm sorry that I've made a better Nikki than TPTB... I'm glad you liked this ep
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS, ESPECIALLY BLUE TEAM:

Jayme is no longer playing Jack. From now on, if you would like to contact Jack for alliance or discussion, he will be played by AlcoholicPixie.

Thanks, AP, for stepping up to help out

Also, everyone remember that votes are due in by Tuesday the 16th, so get 'em in as soon as you can
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumo Time! Jen is back; and this time shes pissed!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Rocksiren on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA!!! That is SO awesome, Ruth! Love the red and blue colors to represent teams. I never even thought of that.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO! That's hilarious, Ruth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: