Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Final Destination: LOST" by mistojen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: "Final Destination: LOST" by mistojen Reply with quote

"Final Destination: LOST" 10-20-2006
October 2006 contest 3rd place winner! You cant cheat death twice...
Song: Final Destination 2 blend by Eggchair Music
Vidder: mistojen
Length: 1:56 (15.0MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7vqZfgAYaA
http://media.putfile.com/Final-Destination-LOST

anvacel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome! Congratulations on the 3rd Place!

~ avatar/icon by stace ~
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An awesome mix of fandoms, especially at the start with the pre-plane crash/crashing Lost footage mixed with the FD footage and titles! Then it had my most favorite of all things, kickin' beat use! *pets beat use and gives it a cookie* I LOVED the way the music/sounds just fit perfectly with the action in video!

I also loved the AU of it (Killer Boone, back from the dead! )! Great, great job! Congrats on a well-deserved win!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
An awesome mix of fandoms, especially at the start with the pre-plane crash/crashing Lost footage mixed with the FD footage and titles! Then it had my most favorite of all things, kickin' beat use! *pets beat use and gives it a cookie* I LOVED the way the music/sounds just fit perfectly with the action in video!

I also loved the AU of it (Killer Boone, back from the dead! )! Great, great job! Congrats on a well-deserved win!

*beat use purrs and scarfs cookie*

I'm glad you liked it and I'm REALLY excited about placing this month! I had fun doing that AU thing, especially with Boone and Ana (OMGWTFETHAN!?/Emilie Gone Wild ) and I think that the only thing I DIDN'T like about doing that scene was that no matter how effing hard I tried, I could NOT manage to get rid of that random anomoly between Boone watching Charlie and Charlie realizing it oh well, s*** happens, right?

And thank you!

anvacel wrote:
That was awesome! Congratulations on the 3rd Place!

Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jen, very scary and very well made. Loved the beat use and the AU, and I thought it was cool how in the title at the end you had "LOST" behind "Final Destination". How'd you manage to do that?

Congrats on third place!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
Great job Jen, very scary and very well made. Loved the beat use and the AU, and I thought it was cool how in the title at the end you had "LOST" behind "Final Destination". How'd you manage to do that?

Congrats on third place!

Thank you, Marcus! I'm glad you liked For "Final Destination LOST" I used the ending clip of the original Final Destination trailer and then put a "paint falling" (or whatever) title of LOST on top of that clip and just moved it around until it fell exactly where I wanted it. Took a while to get the timing right, but it wasn't difficult
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great vid! I love the Final Destination movies, and you tied them in with Lost perfectly.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Uruviel I was hoping it would work the way I wanted it to... I was sweating bullets for, like, a week trying to get it right
Deadfall
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: that was great Reply with quote

grear job!!! loved the part with claire and the coal axe thing awesome job it was a brilliant idea and vert well executed WELL DONE!!!!! and the beat was right on AWESOME!!!!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: that was great Reply with quote

Deadfall wrote:
grear job!!! loved the part with claire and the coal axe thing awesome job it was a brilliant idea and vert well executed WELL DONE!!!!! and the beat was right on AWESOME!!!!

*whew!* Thank you! Man, that clip of Emilie from The Hills Have Eyes was a B**** to work, because it's LITERALLY a flash of her running with the coal axe, then a cut to the monster-dude and then a cut back to her bringing the axe down. I had to slow the clip of her running just to get it to show up on the timeline! I was scared it'd look bad, because I couldn't get the audio from the clip to work and had to re-use Claire screaming instead of Brenda screaming. I guess it was for the best since Claire just screams and Brenda screams "F***ER!!!!" It saved me having to use a Parental Advisory

Also... most of the beat use was a fluke The only ones that I MEANT to get in there were the white flashes and Boone with the bloody face. The rest just fell into place really nicely for me But, THANK YOU!!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful idea! I never would've thought of mixing Lost with Final Destination although they're some obvious connections.

Very well done indeed!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kaja
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen, like I said before GREAT vid, congrats on the third place! I'm very proud to have beta'd this vid!

Could you maybe upload it onto zshare so I can download it and have it on my computer?

Once again, congrats and well done!

Supernatural Video Station
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really cool Jen! I know you have been planning to do this for ages, and well, it was worth the wait on my part! I loved it. I think I have watched it about 6 times now

Very cool. I should know. I am the Queen of cool.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
Hey Jen, like I said before GREAT vid, congrats on the third place! I'm very proud to have beta'd this vid!

Could you maybe upload it onto zshare so I can download it and have it on my computer?

Once again, congrats and well done!

Thank you, dear! And also, thanks for having looked it over for me. I appreciate your suggestions, even if I wasn't able to use the BEST ONE EVAR because I couldn't find the right effect...

Here you go, zshare link, at your service.

Final Destination: LOST

IntoTheVoid wrote:
That was really cool Jen! I know you have been planning to do this for ages, and well, it was worth the wait on my part! I loved it. I think I have watched it about 6 times now

Very cool. I should know. I am the Queen of cool.

I'm really glad you liked it, thank you! 6 times?! That sounds like what I do to my own vids the SECOND I finish them, finally

Queen of cool? B.A. Glad to hear that this registered on the cool scale!

ETA: I had NO idea how much clearer my audio would sound/clips would look by putting this on zshare! wish I'd known that before I let youtube to do horrible things to it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: