Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Well, it worked that time, fourth times a charm I guess. Please let me know if it worked, Igot a page reading "Index of /scripts"
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it was submitted (x2 actually).

Someone else also got an index page before... I do'nt know how though... I can't seem to replicate it.

Are you using IE or Firefox?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that.
I use Intenet Explorer
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
so is the deadline today? What time exactly?

Out June contest is going to have to run into the beginning of July for judging purposes so we're going to allow a few extra days for May's contest. We'll reveal our big June plans hopefully in the next few days but for now you have an extra few days to work with. I believe the deadline we were shooting for was no later then June 5th for final May entries. We won't wait till then to reveal the June contest but I can't promise that you'll see any of the specifics for that contest before Wednesday or Thursday. But I promise it'll be worth the few extra days wait. June is going to be a BIG month for LVI so get those creative juices flowing.

Hope that answers your question.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
btvs
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am submitting mine today, just need to save it and upload it, it's a insomiac's nightmare crossover, the film that dom was in, i'm making it out that charlie knew all along that the plane was gonna crash because he dreamt it, the others look great tho
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much lostcalier. I was so busy with finals that i haven't been able to work on my video much. Now that we have those extra days, I might be able to finish it.

Banner: Shinythings
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've submitted my entry "locke and key". A few things you should know.

I'm a Dumbass:
I had completely finished my entry last nite and was about to submit it, when I actually when to the contest rules page (to see how we were to submit entries now) when there it was bright as day...

Entries must not exceed 2:30 running time.

Shit.

So I had to go back, chop the video in half, and luckily I did make it out with a coherent vid.

Short synopsis: The crossover I used is Dead Like Me (it's the only thing I could think of that would fit...) Mason is a grim reaper and his latest assignment is to "pop" the soul of J. Locke.

Yes, there is a drug reference, and yes there is strong language...

No, I'm not a Locke-hater, I happen to like Locke very much, it's like i said, all I could come up with, and it's kinda last minute.

Actual Entry for contest: http://disappear57.tripod.net/downloads/lockeandkeyedit.zip

I also went ahead and uploaded the full version for anyone interested (I know Laura is) and you can DL it here: http://disappear57.tripod.net/downloads/lockeandkeyfull.zip

B
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B that was great. l don't really know the show that well (DLM l mean) but l have seen the odd episode or two. l watched the extended version of your vid and it was hilarious. "My wanker is the key"...LMFAO. Awesome entry B.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I like you entry!
Not a fan of DLM, but that entry is awesome.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*breathes sigh of relief* Seriously, I was getting nervous for a sec, the whole, what if no one understands it cause I know they don't really watch the show, but I'm glad you guys do like it. The ones who are really gonna make me nervous for some odd reason are Hobbes and E. I think it's cause of what happens to Locke...

B

p.s. Laura June 5th DLM will be OnDemand, and they're running the entire series on Tuesdays starting Last week actually. (Well, not the ENTIRE series on one Tuesday, over the course of, oh you know what i mean)
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B, the link didn't work for me...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either. I got the dire "DOOMTH" of IE saying it couldn't open the site. Dang, I hate that sound it makes! It sounds like about to blow something up!

The fact I had my speakers turned all the way up didn't help either... Nearly blew me out of my chair, it did... *turns speakers back down to normal level*

~Aislynn

The moral of this story is "Don't have your speakers turned up all the way, kids, not unless you want IE to reach over and smack you. Yes, even you Firefox users. IE WILL reach over and smack you somehow. It'll find a way. It's from Microsoft and they can do crap like that."
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... I wonder... Did you try the link in my sig? Cuz I know that Aislynn, you couldn't get to the site from that you had to go around and use the tripod subdomain, remember?

They're both posted on the site, if you can't get to it from my domain, then try http://disappear57.tripod.net and they're on the videos page...

lemme know if this works for you...
B
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says that site you just listed can't even be found I wanna see the video!
I wonder if we could make that 2:30 thing more of a guideline than a code... (sorry, been up late into the night making a lameass Pirates of the Caribbean/Lost flic >.<)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to enter this, but I haven't been able to vid lately. (New laptop=evil.)

Good luck everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: