Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Beautiful Girl" by Uruviel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: "Beautiful Girl" by Uruviel Reply with quote

"Beautiful Girl" 11-10-2006
A look at Kate, Shannon, and Claire.
Song: Beautiful Girl by INXS
Vidder: Uruviel
Length: 3:08 (8.84 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.theargonath.cc/lost/mv/beautifulgirl-uruviel.wmv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R58dJdM70rg

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split screens!!! Very well done! I love how you mixed and changed them up instead of using only two clips. It's very difficult to do (well for me anyway!!)

And I liked how you picked similar scenes for the transitions... How all the girls appeared sad... I especially loved the transition between Shannon and Claire, under the rain. And of course I went all squeeee!!! during the C/C part.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow very nice loved it 100%

It was all done very nicely, i liked the claire bit when she was in the rain and the lyrics were saying that she was scared that worked really well, and you had split screen
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yall!!!

Cinthia: Thanks, thought of you at the C/C part! Yeah, split screens are HARD!!! I couldn't do them with my old program, and this took a lot of tries to get them to look semi-decent.

charmed_charlie: Aw thanks! Glad you noticed that part, a lot of times I think something goes with the lyrics but I'm never sure if other people will "get" it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to what everybody else said. But what impressed me the most I think was that you really got the timing down on all of those quick cuts! Working with a new program, it can be really, really hard to get the feeling for the timing but you nailed it!

*applause applause*

Plus, it was INXS! You just can't go wrong with INXS! It's a scientific fact!

I really enjoyed it!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Ditto to what everybody else said. But what impressed me the most I think was that you really got the timing down on all of those quick cuts! Working with a new program, it can be really, really hard to get the feeling for the timing but you nailed it!

*applause applause*

Plus, it was INXS! You just can't go wrong with INXS! It's a scientific fact!

I really enjoyed it!

Thanks Aislynn! Yeah, the timing was haaard, I had to yell at the computer a few times, lol. I think this program is gonna be pretty good if I can get used to it!

hehe, yep, scientifically proven that INXS songs are well-suited for Lost vids.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was beautiful vid!The split scenes were excellent and the timing too
Great job!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeeee! That was so much fun to watch! I love that song (and I gotta admit that I didn't even know that it's an INXS song ) and you did a great job here!

Great beat use, good focus on the lyrics and some nice split screens, especially the one with Jack & Kate down by the beach towards the end of the vid.

I think I'm really getting into INXS' music bit by bit.

Thumbs up!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borislava: Thanks! I appreciate that you noticed the timing, cause I almost pulled my hair out firguring it out.

Karolina: Aw thanks! Yeah, I think the one of Jack & Kate is my favorite shot in this vid, glad you like it. And I really love that you're becoming an INXS fan, several people have told me they've begun to like INXS cause of my vids and it makes me really happy, lol.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather this may seem strange that I'm saying this, seeing as how this vid didn't have as much flash and valour of your previous vids, but I think this might be one of my favs of yours so far! It was so simple, yet it made some comparisons that really really fit well, and the music just tied it all together so nicely. I just love a vid that knows its structure, and can split each story to its own section yet still keep the whole thing interesting, especially when it uses two scenes and changes between them like you did in the Jate part. This vid made a perfect little jump from the combined girls, to the seperate lives, to combined once again through the guys they love. Just excellent. And of course, this was made all the better by the awesome beat use the whole time.
This is a perfect example of how a fairly simple, well-weathered idea can be made into a superb videoi. I loved it!

Oh btw, I have to ask, just because I would keep wondering otherwise, and I want to know if I have Desmond-esque powers That last shot of Claire in the "combined" bit with the girls, just before launching into Kate, where she turns her head away... did you put that bit of Claire turning her head away to kinda stand for all the girls' reluctance to be with each of the guys, at least at the beginning (and adding a little bit of angst to the vid? ) Maybe I'm way off, and that was just there because... it was there but it just seemed so dead-on I thought I'd ask
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Warren! I actually liked vidding this way a lot, kinda simple with just a few effects.

I love that you noticed that part with Claire. You do have Desmond-esque powers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: