Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Dangerous to Know" - Sawyer/Kate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: "Dangerous to Know" - Sawyer/Kate Reply with quote

Why don't we start off the judging then, shall we?

Title: Dangerous to Know
Song: Dangerous to Know -Hilary Duff (WHAT!?!??! THAT WAS HILLARY DUFF!?! It was actually good!? I can't be her )
Author: Barbi
Length: 3:33 (17.1MB AVI)
Link: http://www.dreamvision-entertainment.com/dvw/videos/Dangerouswmv.zip
Sawyer song

pretty damn good actually. I never would have expected it, but the slow, steady beat really gave it almost a sexy beat to it lol! Very well done. I was actually really dissapointed that it was over!! I really enjoyed it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: "Dangerous To Know" Reply with quote

I actually saw this vid before seeing "Confidence Man" (tragic VCR miscommunication, don't get me started... ). Anyway, once I did finally see the episode, I found myself humming "Dangerous To Know" over certain places. In fact, I think this song fits better than the one they ran over the final scenes. Honestly, what lyric is more Sawyer than "some secrets...need to kept"?

But the thing that really strikes me about this vid is how well it's edited. One case in point, we see Sawyer reading something, then cut to Kate's mugshot, then cut to Sawyer throwing something. Ah ha, he's found out about her criminal past and is upset about it, now isn't he?

Not really, of course. From the episodes themselves, we know that he was reading his own letter, the hands holding the mugshot actually belong to Jack, and Sawyer was throwing a pack of cigarettes. But the thing is, the editing is so crisp and clear, Barbi's managed to take existing footage and make it tell a new story. Now, how cool is that?

I have a lot of favorite vids, but this one always amazes me by the sheer cleverness in which it's put together. Two thumb's up!

~Aislynn
(who's apparently a very wordy vid reviewer... )
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally with you. It was the first one I reviewed, yet one of my favourites out of all of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-watched this one and wow it is good. Even though she sings it, I can garuntee you that Hillery Duff did NOT write that song. I bet it wasn't even originally written for her to sing.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone cares, I was right. I looked it up and was suprised to find out that Hillary Duff actually did CO-WROTE 4 out of the 17 tracks on this album. I was guessing it would be 0. Although co-wrote probably means she was playing around in the back of the studio while the writters wrote the song. Did I mention I hate fake music stars?
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO I can't believe that's true! HAHAHAHA YOU ROCK ENCHIRITO!

Oh god... I hate Lizzy... mostly because of that stupid show Hillary Duff...

she's hot tho...
MarieWP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Dangerous to Know Reply with quote

I love all of Barbi's Kate/Sawyer vids but this one is probably my favorite. Really well-done in every way. And I'm one of those too who never would have thought of Hilary Duff song in a million years as a possible song choice. But it works because the lyrics fit so well.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link!
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "Link!" mean? You have that on all my music video threads.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going through every video in the entire forum and adding a link if it needs it, and posting "Link!" if it already has one, so I know I already looked over that video.
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DriveShaft_Charlie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Holy Crap Reply with quote

That is a really cool video and i cannot believe thta song is sung by Ms. Teeny bopper herself. it is a really good song (i hate to admit it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: