Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Was Your First Lost Vid
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: What Was Your First Lost Vid Reply with quote

Ok l didn't know where else to post this thread so l just stuck it here. Ok the question is What Was Your First Lost Music Vid you ever made if or if it wasn't on LVI. Just wondering.

Mine was my Charlie/Claire vid "l'll Stand By You" by the pretenders. l seen "Raised By Another" and l knew l had to make a C/C vid after that fantastic episode. lf you can't tell, l'm a huge Chaire shipper. So anyway l think my C/C vid turned out pretty great for a first timer. lf you havn't seen it yet l don't know if Hobbes is still hosting it or not in HHH but if you wanna see it just let me know and l'll upload it through YSI for ya.

Ok so lets hear what these fantastic vidders we have here at LVI have made in the past.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my first vid was Micheal Buble - Home.... Corny... Had no story to it... I just like the song lols
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lf you havn't seen it yet l don't know if Hobbes is still hosting it or not in HHH but if you wanna see it just let me know and l'll upload it through YSI for ya.

The whole idea of Hobbes's Hosting Hut is now dead with the stupid torrents being gone so no, I'm not hosting it, but I still HAVE the file on my computer, so all someone has to do is request it and I'll be right there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was "Flying My Guilt Over A Quilt" by Jason Mraz. It's a general lost video, and actually worked perfectly for Lost. It was about a plane crash (sorta) and the lyrics worked so nice that I made it after the first 3 or 4 episodes.

The only thing was that it's not a studio recording, so I had to use to concert version I had. So parts of the plane crash have people screaming/cheering.

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of working on my first lost video right now. hehehe. It's gonna be for the contest.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: What Was Your First Lost Vid Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Ok so lets hear what these fantastic vidders we have here at LVI have made in the past.

Gee, I had to answer this one just because I wanted to be one of the "fantastic vidders" if only for a brief, shining moment here in this thread...

My first -- and only if you don't count my April contest submission -- "Lost" vid was "Vertigo." I wasn't sure if my "style" of mixing vid clips and animation would go over very well with the professional quality of the vids at LVI, so I went for silly and ridiculous. Thus, a dancing, race car driving polar bear was born.

Yippee, I'm a good vidder, I'm a good vidder! Wait, the moment's over. Well, moving along then...

~Aislynn

PS - Crazymol, I was just about to download "Flying My Guilt..." right before LVI switched to the torrents, then I couldn't get it. However, now I'm really sorry I missed it because there's just something about the whole "people cheering while the plane crashes" thing that I wish I'd seen! LOL! Does that make me a bad person???
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ARE a fantastic vidder Aislynn! You may not have a $200, 2.5GB-of-ram-using, super-dupper vidding program, but you make the best you can out of those 256MB of RAM and that CRAPPY WMM1! I would have NEVER thought about using animation to make a video better, or many of the clever clever ideas you get with your videos. I loved that contest video. I even voted for it! LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know Aislynn, I'm a fan of your contest vid:-)

Quote:
Yippee, I'm a good vidder, I'm a good vidder!

and yeah you're damn right you are

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hysteria by MUSE--Redoing it so it doesn't suck as hard

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was "Under the Influence" by Matt Good, about Charlie's drug addiction. I've had some good comments on it but it's definately not one of my best. Clips are too long in some places and my vidding software I was using made it kinda choppy. Also I made it after only 7 eps so there wasn't a huge amount of clips to work with. Frankly, I was shocked it even made it on the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Under the Influence, while it's not as technically impressive as your newer vids, it really captured the essence of the charlie's drugs arc. I thought it really stood out among the many other charlie's drugs vids of the time.

Laura, Hystaria was great. I can't wait for the remix.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for Under the Influence, while it's not as technically impressive as your newer vids, it really captured the essence of the charlie's drugs arc. I thought it really stood out among the many other charlie's drugs vids of the time.

ditto for me. If it made it after all the Charlie vids that have been sent to us through the months, and driven us bonkers, then yeah it's pretty good
Speaking of Bonkers, I'm off to get some cheesies...
nobody get that joke? hmmm....
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thanks guys!

*feels loved*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote
Quote:
Yippee, I'm a good vidder, I'm a good vidder! Wait, the moment's over. Well, moving along then...

You just keep on rockin Aislynn because l loved your Vertigo vid. l thought it was so freakin Halarious, not to mention your April Contest Video. l loved the part with Jack/Kate-Awww. You are a great vidder and l can't wait to see ur next creation.
LUVS~Hollywood

And as for you Ringwench, you're also right up there with all the other great vidders. l enjoyed you're Charlie vid, thought it was great.
Both of you's, keep up the good work.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, l also really, really, really enjoyed your video's. l loved Beautiful Goodbye. Probably more then Skater Boy and you already know how much l love that vid...lol. Now l'm just waiting for your Kate/Jack vid "My Immortal". l can't wait to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: