Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The LVI 2006 Tourney!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: The LVI 2006 Tourney! Reply with quote

http://www.lostvideo.net/contests/lvianniversary2.php

I hope you are all in the mood for some kickass voting . Time to find out what "Best of 2006" really means!

Since this is LVI's Anniversary and all, this may be a good time to say a few words :
First, I'd like to thank you all for being here, and being a part of LVI for so long. This place is awesome because of the community we've all built, and every one of you is a big part of it. Without you all, LVI wouldn't be here.
Second, I'd like to thank the ol' CM team Because they've just worked their butts off getting these contests under way (in addition to all the regular voting ). I'm humbled by their sheer effort in voting and narrowing down these vids to the ones you see now. We've been at this for a whole month, and now it's finally time to see the fruit of our efforts! Thanks again for all the amazing work you put in guys.
Third, I'd like to thank E and LC for starting LVI. Though they may not be around as often as they once were, they're still the people with the vision to start this wonderful site, and without them there would be no LVI. Thanks again guys, for giving me a chance, and for going with your gut and creating this awesome website!

And with that, lets being the festivities . Like last year, we are rolling out two different, but very alike, contests. The first is the famous LVI Tournament, where this year 81 videos will be narrowed down by experienced LVI members (anyone with a Gold CP) until there is just one video left. With the win, this person will recieve praise, happiness, and a spot on the front page of LVI for a month . But once again, the funnest part is getting to that stage, so I hope you all enjoy voting on some of the best LVI has to offer!
Our second contest is also simillar to last year. In addition to the Tournament, we have the LVI 2006 Open Vote - a poll open to all visitors and vidders on LVI, designed to pick the best videos of LVI in a number oif categories, like Best Jate, Best Action, etc. With 15 categories to vote on, there should be plenty of voting material for those voting junkies out there .

We hope you enjoy the events LVI has to offer . Lets make this upcoming year the best YET!

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say I'm not dissapointed because I am. .................................Hobbes, how could you write "Mevie" and not do the "!!!11111"s?

Awesome, looking forward to voting on everything. I only voted in like three polls last year.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some questions:

1. Is there a list somewhere of links to all the videos in this year's contest? I've watched hardly any of them and I want to so that I can vote fairly!!

2. When will the Open Vote contest get under way?

Supernatural Video Station
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On all the polls there are links to the video pages on LVI and the open vote has started I think. Haven't voted on anything yet but the polls are up on the tournament page.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
Some questions:

1. Is there a list somewhere of links to all the videos in this year's contest? I've watched hardly any of them and I want to so that I can vote fairly!!

2. When will the Open Vote contest get under way?

marcus wrote:
On all the polls there are links to the video pages on LVI and the open vote has started I think. Haven't voted on anything yet but the polls are up on the tournament page.

Marcus is right on all counts. (Thanks, Marcus! )

On each of the topics in the Tournament thread, in the body of the post (under where you can vote), the names of the vids are their links to their pages on the main site. If for some reason they don't work right for you, don't hesitate to let us know!

And yes, the Open Poll votes are ready to be voted on as well. And the same thing with them, their names in the Polls will take you to their page on the main site so you can watch each of them before you cast your vote.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a quick question....i've seen the open vote but i don't know how to vote in the Tournament with the 81 video in it?
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Borislava! Since you have more than 1 Gold Council Pick, you're definitely eligible to vote in the Tournament. So you should see "LVI's Video of the Year Tournament" down in the Events forum at the bottom of the index here. Each of the "rounds" have a thread there, with the links to each of the three vids that are going head-to-head-to-head as well as the option to vote.

You can also get to this area through the main site by going through Contests, LVI's Second Annual Anniversary Celebration, LVI Tournament 2006, Round 1.1, Vote on Round 1.

If you're not able to get to it from there, or if it won't allow you to vote, let us know and we'll make sure it gets fixed as soon as possible!

Eventually all 81 vids will be included in this Tournament. You can click on "View All Entries" from the Tournament page on the main site and see all of the entries. As soon as Round 1 is finished, the next bunch will go up.

Hope that answered your question somewhere in there!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Ais!I've found them
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, you're a lifesaver thanks for answering all the questions so correctly!

Yep, this week 27 vids are being voted on. Next week, a new 27, and then the week after that, the final 27. From there, we begin to finalyl narrow it down, like in a tournament .

marcus wrote:
I won't say I'm not dissapointed because I am. .................................Hobbes, how could you write "Mevie" and not do the "!!!11111"s?

I'm sorry, but I thought it was better to maintain my "Official" voice, yet still throw that one out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys at last the first round of voting is complete and all the 81 vids have been voted on! Just 3 more rounds to go beforte we have one golden glorious winner Make sure you vote for your champions in Round Two :
http://www.lostvideo.net/contests/tournament2.php
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=19
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything I learn from vidding, I've learn from watching Total Eclipse over and over again!!!!!

Yay for Holly!!!!

And Congrats to Aislynn and Paul also! Stockholm Syndrome was a little masterpiece of storytelling (a mini-lost episde!) and Boys of Summer had the most beautiful colors I've ever seen in a vid and gorgeous special effects. Congrats again!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big congrats, Holly!!! And congrats as well to Paul and to all of the semi-finalists and, heck, to all of the entrants in the Tourney because there wasn't a bad vid in the bunch!

Aw, thanks for saying that, Cinthia! Believe me, I so appreciate all of your encouragement and kind words! *hugs*

*throws special LVI Tourney confetti*
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS HOLLY!!!! Well-deserved!!!

And congrats to Aislynn & Paul, too!!! All 3 of these vids are sooo awesome...shoulda been a 3-way tie! lol
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Aislynn, Paul and especially Holly! Those three vids are some of my favourite vids of all time so I'm so glad they were the top three.

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats all!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: