Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: May? Reply with quote

do I hear any suggestions?! Anybody!? anybody?! What contest should we put up next?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Lost Movie Trailer, but it's kind of the same with this month's contest. Maybe we can do something like.. the cross-over thing, which is not a bad idea or...I dunno.. let's hear it from you guys on the board! I can't really think of anything good right now

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
I would say Lost Movie Trailer, but it's kind of the same with this month's contest. Maybe we can do something like.. the cross-over thing, which is not a bad idea or...I dunno.. let's hear it from you guys on the board! I can't really think of anything good right now

Yeah the movie trailer idea is kinda cool. Or a vid to an actual music video. That would be really fun to do too.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm backing that idea of making videos using NO footage from the show itself Animations, pictures, behind the scenes footage, flash, 3d animation, etc talk about one hel of a tough, but fun, contest. Though we might just make it for June, giving people a bit of time to work on it lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Animations, pictures, behind the scenes footage, flash, 3d animation, etc

Did you just say "animations," my brutha? I just so happen to be the mama of a dancing polar bear, ya know...

Animations are where I started from! Hey, finally a contest that's on my level!

*then realizes how sad it'll be when everybody kicks her butt "on her level"*

Well, never mind then...

Oh, and freaky-sneaky idea about a movie trailer, lostzilla, because that was actually going to be the next vid I wanted to make! I found a song that just screamed movie trailer song at me! (Man, was THAT ever a scary moment... )Wow, great minds think alike, huh?

*sigh* Not that any of this really matters to me, anyway, I suppose. I've officially run out of RAM and therefore can't save my Angsty Jack vid as a WMV. *insert Ringwraith shriek here* Not that I'm upset about not being able to make any more vids or anything...

~Aislynn

PS - Don't mind me, I'm just royally annoyed at having a perfectly good, almost done Angsty Jack sitting here and nobody can see him but me! Which, in the end, might be a good thing for y'all...

I just noticed, the more upset I get, the more bold, italic and colored fonts I use. Hm, wonder what deep psychological meaning there is to that?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I'm backing that idea of making videos using NO footage from the show itself Animations, pictures, behind the scenes footage, flash, 3d animation, etc talk about one hel of a tough, but fun, contest. Though we might just make it for June, giving people a bit of time to work on it lol

I definitely like this idea and think it's a great idea to have it posted two months in advance, so if you posted now, it would be June's contest. Bravo!!!

For May? Considering mister ominous narrator from The Journey special, we could do a best video set to narration.

Or... no, I'm all out of ideas.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a "Spin-off Series" trailer.... Like On BtVS , theres one for Faith Spike and Illyria and some others for like the potentials.... I dunno lols
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or maybe spoofs....
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's the crossover idea leftover from the last "suggestion" thread that I came up with.

But I was also thinking it would be fun to pick a song that doesn't exactly "scream" LOST and the challange would be to vid to it.

Like, the theme song from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? That song is actually longer than the one you hear on the TV show and I've got the full version . . .

Haha okay so that song is pretty rediculous, but you know what I mean. A song that doesn't exactly fit or wouldn't easily translate to a Lost video. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun? Like a Virgin? The Devil Went Down to Georgia? Dueling Banjos (from Deliverance)? I don't know!
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea, KC, I was thinking something along those lines to suggest too.

Just pick a song that you would never in a million years think would fit Lost and MAKE it fit This could be fun as I'm sure we all have at least one song that we LOVE (or just a song that's really weird) but just can't possibly figure out a way to vid properly.

Could make for some amusing vids.

Another suggestion (but not for the May contest, it would probably be better to do for the June contest) would be a season recap vid (I think this was also suggested in the "Lost: The Journey" thread. Because we really COULD recap Lost a lot better than that thing did!).

As for this month, I'm throwing my vote in for the Lost movie trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really in favor of the movie trailer idea, just because it sounds like it would turn out to be a lot like the intro vids that we did last month. And what fun would that be?

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITA Clio.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my ideas

- "The others" centric vid (would be kinda hard to do)
- Oceanic Airline Commercial (kinda similar to the April contest)
- Video with specific song (something like...Leaving on a jet plane)
- Video with only flashback footages
- "The Monster" centric vid
- Lost Finale promo vid

...etc., I just can't think of any good ones

what do you guys think?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo...l've got an idea. How about a commercial for a clothing store or something. Like Nike, or Sears or Walmart. Anything really.
So what do u think?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea... Sounds kinda hard though.... hmmm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: