Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Im Still Here" by Michelina

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: "Im Still Here" by Michelina Reply with quote

"Im Still Here" 10-30-2006
A character-study on Charlie Pace, focusing on his need to feel accepted and for people to stop underestimating him.
Song: Im Still Here by John Rzeznik
Vidder: Michelina
Length: 4:10 (15.2MB WMV)

Link(s): http://youtube.com/watch?v=5sp2VKVZZ0s

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this--but then, I'm a sucker for Charlie. LOVED the beat use!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome vid! The beat use is great, and nice job matching the lyrics!
The_Phantom_CC
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I loved it Michelina. The song was perfect for Charlie and so very uplifting It was nice to see such a wicked Charlie vid. I liked your use of the clip when him and Locke are standing over the imploded hatch. It looked really cool. I agree with what Uruviel said about beat use too.
Bloomsgrl18
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awsome! I loved very second of it, not only because I love Charlie and Dom, but also because I am a John and Goo fan as well. Wonderful job!

Love Lots *Caitlin*
LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this video. Everything about it awsome, the way you set up the clips to match the beat of the song, how you put Charlie's feelings into light (which people not only in the show, but also alot a viewers don't get either) and just the charecter and song itself. I love Charlie and John's a great singer, not to mention The Goo Goo Dolls are my all time favorite band.

So thanks for making such an enjoyable video.

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely vid Michelina. You made me like Charlie even more. Although I would like to know what Daire would be like, this video has completly put my trust back into Charlies character. Just as long as the writers don't screw with him again - i'll be fine

Great video

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen: Aww, thank-you very much! I've watched and enjoyed your Charlie/Claire videos, and had a feeling that you were a Charlie-fan. It turns out that you are indeed a fan, which is always good to see! From one Charlie fanatic to another, I'm REALLY happy that you liked this! Thanks for watching/commenting.

Uruviel: W00T, thank-you! Your feedback was great to read, I'm really grateful for it. I mean, you've done, what - THREE Charlie videos yourself? That's so awesome. Spread the Charlie-love!

The_Phantom_CC: Yay! Thanks, Jessie! *big hugs* It's funny that you're reviewing this, as I was just about to go and watch/review your new C/C vid as well! Huzzah. As always, your feedback is just enough to make me squee. You even used British vocabulary ["wicked"!] in your review! Now I know that I'm cool.

Bloomsgrl18: Ooh yay, thanks! It's always lovely to meet a fellow Charlie/Dom/Goo Goo Dolls fan. I'm so happy that this vid did them justice for you.

LOST_Fanatic:
Quote:
... how you put Charlie's feelings into light (which people not only in the show, but also alot a viewers don't get either) and ...

YES, thank-you! It's so awesomely ironic that you said that, because that very statement - the fact that a lot of VIEWERS don't make much of an effort to understand/ TRY to sympathize with Charlie - is what inspired this video. I got so frustrated with all of the hate to the point where I decided that I'd use editing a vid as my venting outlet. Thank-you so much for your incredible feedback; it really means a lot to me that Charlie fans are enjoying this video.

IntoTheVoid:
Quote:
You made me like Charlie even more. Although I would like to know what Daire would be like, this video has completly put my trust back into Charlies character.

See that, that right there? That's the greatest compliment I could ever ask for. I actually made this video out of anger from all of the [usually unnecessary] Charlie-bashing; and for you, someone who had lost faith in Charlie, to re-connect with that faith after watching this video is AWESOME. Really, it just gives me the satisfaction of a job well-done. Thank-you so, so much for watching/reviewing!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

I got one word for that vid… perfect!!

I loved how you started with the waves sound and Charlie under the rain. Very cool!

Great beat use, flawless editing but what I liked the most was the lyrics interpretation. My favourite part were the “And how can you say I'll never change” and showing that Charlie *is* changing and for the better. Charlie might have done some mistakes but he’s a good person inside and it’s exactly what you showed in your vid. Here’s there to help people, no matter how bad they treated him. Loved the ending of him with Claire under the rain and that smile with Locke was priceless.

Quote:
I actually made this video out of anger from all of the [usually unnecessary] Charlie-bashing;
Thank you. All the Charlie bashing is so frustrating, especially since people don't make an effort to understand him. I got so mad after the final aired... I thought Charlie was great! Even though he hated Locke, he stayed in the hatch until the last second to try to resolve the situation... he tried to carry an injured Eko -a man twice his size - out of the hatch.... and all people remember is how he was "mean" to Locke at the beginning and how he came back to camp without looking for the others. (concussion maybe?) *sigh* I have a feeling that even if Charlie sacrifices himself to save the world, people will find something wrong with it.

Did I get off topic?? Sorry!

I adore that vid Michelina and I hope you're going to provide a download link? please?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune: Have I told you lately how much I love you? Whee. I know that I've said this already, but it feels awesome when such a big Charlie fan like yourself gives this vid their stamp of approval. I wasn't sure that I wanted to attempt a Charlie video, especially to a song like this one (where you can interpret the meaning of the lyrics whichever way you please), so yeah, I was a little wary about the whole situation; which is why I'm SO glad that you enjoyed it. *squees*

Your comment about the 'how can they say I'll never change' part means a lot to me, because it is my personal favourite part of the song as well. As Lost_Fanatic said, this applies not only to characters on the show, but to viewers/Anti-Charlies as well. Gah, sometimes it's stressful to be a Charlie-fan. I can totally sympathize with your rant about the S2 finale. I, too, was expecting people to finally acknowledge Charlie's presence in a GOOD LIGHT (where he tried to help Locke and Eko in the hatch), but no, all they feel the need to do is pick on is his behaviour towards Locke in an earlier scene. It's not fair. It's similiar to the opening Desmond/Charlie/Claire scene in 3x04. I have a feeling that if it were someone like Sawyer interrupting Kate in a conversation with another man, people wouldn't complain. They'd be like "BAHAHA SAWYER YOU'RE SO FUNNY!@!!!eleventy!!1". *facepalm*

Anyways! I'll save that rant for another time. Here is a download-link. If you prefer a webhost other than Sendspace, just give me a shout.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/08oorq
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came on here to see if any new Charlie vids were made. And was excited to see that Michelina had made one. I love your videos. And I would just like to give a huge Thank you for making this video. I am a Charlie fan and always will be. Recently I have been frustrated with alot of what I have been reading on message boards. Your video made me feel alot better. So a big *hug* to you! You Rock!

I never heard that song before. You got the message across perfectly! Awesome!!!

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Flight-815

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're a great video editor. I don't know what to say but I'm still in awe after having just watched this. I've been a Charlie fan since I originally started watching the first season of Lost in french on a Belgian channel. Since then I haven't stopped liking the character and attempting to stand up for him. After Fire+Water the Charlie fans were stomped over, I guess you could say. This video makes me proud to be a Charlie fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: