Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"UGLY"-Skate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: "UGLY"-Skate Reply with quote

* "UGLY" 2005-04-28
SKATE angst Requested by the lovely ladies of LM
* Song: UGLY by the Exies
Vidder: LAURA4LAD
Length: 3:27 (11.6MB WMV)

Link: http://picapic.net/media/FZB7VBN84Q8GV4

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid Laura - you want the infamous line??
I'm not really good at kissing ass

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Great vid Laura - you want the infamous line??

oh but you so are, and i love you for it! thanks lostzilla

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I used up all my good comments at Lost Media. You know how I feel about this video. I love that its dark because that fits these characters and I think it's amazing and such.

Yadda yadda yadda, ROCK!

Almost makes me wish I were a Skater... Almost.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really running out of original thngs to say about these videos! Every time It's "freaking wow" or just "perfection". And if I can't use those again for this, I don't know what to use sigh...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, a Skate vid from Laura! Don't know why I just love to see people vidding out of their usual ships. ("Vidding out of their usual ships?" Uh oh, I'm speaking in Vidderese again... Y'all notice that it becomes insanely easy to do after a while? ) Anyway, I digress...

Was going to comment over at Lost-Media but then decided to stay loyal to LVI. And there's also the fact I can't log out at L-M... *hums line from "Hotel California" "you can check out any time you like but you can't ever leave"*

Still digressing, sorry.

There's not too much left for me to say that hasn't been said before, but I'll give it a try anyway! I actually had never heard this song before and was a little leery of it. "Uh oh, is she gonna call my sweet, disease-free, clean-living (I can dream, right? ) bee-YOO-ti-ful Southern boy ugly???" being my primary concern! But I liked this song after I heard it and thought it fit Skate very well!

I really like how you use the black and white to off-set the flashbacks. Gives it just a very distinctive, classy feel. I've seen a great deal of vids by now and can really tell how easy it would be to over-do the nifty effects and transitions. I actually do enjoy seeing a lot of the fancy-shmancy effects, but the vids that I really remember, that really stick with me, are ones more like this, which focus on storytelling rather than "look, I found this button I can push and watch what happens!" Just because you can do it, doesn't necessarily mean it'll make a good vid!

And in my never-ending quest to be nosy I'll go ahead and ask you too, Laura: what program are you using for your vids? Still WMM 2?

Once more, this was a great vid! Yay for the Skate and the Jaters who'll vid it!

~Aislynn

"Yay for the Skate and the Jaters who'll vid it?" Am I even making sense here??? 'Cause y'all are my peeps and if none of YOU know what I'm saying, then I'm in deep trouble...

Quick, somebody comfort me!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

*comforts*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll go ahead and ask you too, Laura: what program are you using for your vids? Still WMM 2?

I think it's Adobe Premiere Pro, right? Laura?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Quote:
I'll go ahead and ask you too, Laura: what program are you using for your vids? Still WMM 2?

I think it's Adobe Premiere Pro, right? Laura?

WMM2....We got Adobe Premiere Elements--wtf that is, but it has many issues--such as won't render without giving me an error message. Just WMM2, and it took all my restraint not to push the button LOL. Thanks for the fb-l

Jake's Twin
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

*comforts*

LMAO you are quick thunder boy--quick i need an strawberry banana slurpee from 711!

Jake's Twin
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LMAO you are quick thunder boy--quick i need an strawberry banana slurpee from 711!

Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN Laura that was AWESOME!!!

Finally got a chance to watch it and I'm very impressed. Though I'm always impressed by your vids!

Good song choice and excellent use of glares and longing looks

You ROCK!

Oh and BTW, I finally finished my Clint Eastwood vid (I know, it's been like 3 months since I first got the idea!) it's in the hosting hut if you want to check it out. I'd love to hear what you think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
DAMN Laura that was AWESOME!!!

Finally got a chance to watch it and I'm very impressed. Though I'm always impressed by your vids!

Good song choice and excellent use of glares and longing looks

You ROCK!

Oh and BTW, I finally finished my Clint Eastwood vid (I know, it's been like 3 months since I first got the idea!) it's in the hosting hut if you want to check it out. I'd love to hear what you think

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL-going to watch

Jake's Twin
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not either.

Too bad I'm bending over to kiss Laura's ass right now.

Awesome video. You did very well in managing the low amount of clips to use for Skate. I love the song too
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easilyjaded wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm not either.

Too bad I'm bending over to kiss Laura's ass right now.

Awesome video. You did very well in managing the low amount of clips to use for Skate. I love the song too

thanks---i had like a minute and a half left of the video and my biggest thought was...FUCK I have a minute and a half of footage to find. Glad someone is sympathetic LOL-l

Jake's Twin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: