Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special - "Lost: The Journey" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Special - "Lost: The Journey" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

I meant to post this earlier. Post your thoughts on tonight's Special recap episode.

The following came from http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html :

Lost: The Journey

Flashbacks of the core characters illustrating who they were and what they were doing before the crash, and a look at the island itself; and a preview of the big season finale.

b: 27-Apr-2005 pc: 120

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Flashbacks of the core characters illustrating who they were and what they were doing before the crash, and a look at the island itself; and a preview of the big season finale.

uh.... Hell no I didn't see a single flashback in there. it was just one long recap full of every action scene with an annoying narrator who only ended sentences in question marks It put my dad off from wanting to watch lost (not that he really did before though...). I don't think it was such a good way to bring someone into the plot... It'd be MUCH better if they just aired that, then followed it up with the entire Walkabout episode. That ep is what got my friend HOOKED on this show!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't what I imagined it would be, and it left out huge chunks about the characters pre-island lives, but I guess how much can we expect in an hour?

I thought maybe it would have been interesting to have an actual PHYSICAL host would could "break it down" so to speak rather than the ominous "what if" man voiceovering the whole special.

Other than that, I found it interesting to see some of the scenes it included. Certain things they obviously highlighted and other things they ignored.

I also wanted to ask, did anybody notice the Locke line, "you have to give something back to the island," that he said to Charlie. I'd forgotten about that. Very very interesting.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l was hooked right from episode 1. l do agree with Hobbes though, there should have been more flashbacks, wait a minute there were no flashbacks...lol. lt was a good recap but still didn't recap alot of important info. That narrator scared me
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I noticed a few small random things, like the "Kate's friend Beth loves Diveshaft" scene, when they could have instead included the "Locke sees monster" scene... It makes you wonder how those kinds of things are gonna affect the plot in the future.

Yeah, I was totally expecting this to be J.J. having an interview, talking about what happened, and then they show the odd clip in the background, etc. I fear people may have been put-off by this thing, if I, a loyal lost fan, was too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! One thing I wanted to know! Did ABC do this or did Bad Robot do this? Someone else?

It seemed, I dunno. Weird. I know they did one for Desperate Housewives as well so I wonder if they just had someone set them up to promote their two "BIG" shows of the season?

It seemed lacking...
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC wrote
Quote:
I thought maybe it would have been interesting to have an actual PHYSICAL host would could "break it down" so to speak rather than the ominous "what if" man voiceovering the whole special.

Yeah thats what l thought they were gonna do too. Maybe even some quick little interviews with the Cast also thrown in. That would have been so much better.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
It seemed, I dunno. Weird. I know they did one for Desperate Housewives as well so I wonder if they just had someone set them up to promote their two "BIG" shows of the season?

It seemed lacking...

I watched the Desperate Housewives recap episode on Sunday and it and the Lost one were similar in a lot of ways but different in some. I hate to say this but I think the individual productions companies put them together. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I got. They probably got a general idea from ABC then had to throw it together in a hurry. Definitely seems like something they had to rush to make air with it.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
yeah, I noticed a few small random things, like the "Kate's friend Beth loves Diveshaft" scene, when they could have instead included the "Locke sees monster" scene... It makes you wonder how those kinds of things are gonna affect the plot in the future.

Yeah, I was totally expecting this to be J.J. having an interview, talking about what happened, and then they show the odd clip in the background, etc. I fear people may have been put-off by this thing, if I, a loyal lost fan, was too.

I think the reason they picked this scene and some of the others is that they're trying to build a case for some theory or idea, or simply get theory laden idiots to start buzzing about some more.

I think the important thing from this scene in particular is the very beginning where Kate is asking if Charlie has met anyone from the flight before. She says Charlie seems very familiar.

To me this hints greatly at some previous flashback overlap like we've seen with Sawyer's character mixing with other characters. Or, and more interestingly, it might play into the big loop theory that's going around.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I was quite dissappointed with the special. I don't feel it would brought anyone new to the show. And I could have sworn they promised some kind of sneak into the next few shows. It was basically the same preview we saw at the end of the Boone dying episode. Lame!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boone in the plane: You could totally tell it was ALSO Boone on the other end of that radio. I'm getting my five bucks back. Some version of Boone is alive somewhere.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that sounded a LOT like Boone on the radio responding to himself though I have no idea what the leadign theories are on this, I'm guessing..... alternate universes? maybe? no...
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 'special' was pathetic.

Most of us LIVers could have cut a better recap than that.

I skipped through looking for that voiceover guy. He made me laugh.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

this is SCREAMING "next contest idea" to me
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote
Quote:

Most????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: