Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost moving to a new time slot?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Lost moving to a new time slot? Reply with quote

Okay I don't think this falls under the spoiler category since it's a generic topic but the link I'm going to post in here does have a potential for spoilers if you click on the Photo link there. So if you don't want to be spoiled stick to the exact link I post in here.

Click on the below link and look where it says "Lost" above the picture of the cast. And it says that on June 1st Lost is moving to the 10-11 pm timeslot. So I wonder if this is just for the summer or a move that will become a new time slot moving into the fall. Which would be ideal for a show like Lost because it'd allow them to give us more grit and make it less watered down in spots. They would be allowed more blood and action if they aired in a 10pm time slot.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/shows03/primetime/lost/lead.shtml

I've also heard that Lost may be returning earlier then late September like most shows. Apparently ABC is going to try an aggressive new plan to launch it's shows in a seasonal order (like what they did with Alias not airing until the winter). We'll see if this actually happens or not but it's what I've been reading around the net. If anyone knows anymore about this educate the rest of us.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that moving the show to a later time slot might give the show more of an edge, I think it'd be a bad move, ratings wise for the show.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope they don't do anything stupid.... ABC is really pissing me off. They hardly had any advertising for this "Journey" recap episode, which they REALLY needed to get new people onto the plot, and they just keep screwing up a lot else with all these breaks and such... whether it's their fault or not, I'm not too happy with ABC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
They hardly had any advertising for this "Journey" recap episode, which they REALLY needed to get new people onto the plot, and they just keep screwing up a lot else with all these breaks and such... whether it's their fault or not, I'm not too happy with ABC

Actually, ABC is like the only network I really watch anymore and everytime I've watched something on the network in the past week or two I've seen at least 1 "Lost: The Journey" promo each show.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time l've ever seen previews was after an episode got done or right on the night a new episode premieres. l watch my lost episodes on CTV so l don't know how it works on the ABC network. Although alot of the time CTV hardly ever shows previews for the next ep and so l have to download it the very next day at Lost-Multimedia.
Anyway l thinks it's a great idea to hold back til 10 o'clock. More action, more blood and gore, more everything. Hell maybe they could even throw in some Nookie if you know what l mean. Thats the same time Carnivale comes on and well you've seen lots of Nookie on that show. (Oh and l don't mean we'll start seeing cooch dancing or actual bumping and grinding so put your tongues back in your mouths and stop drooling . But yeah all and all-AWESOME
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC handles this show absolutely poorly. The entire marketing team should be fired and simply started anew.

The two or three new eps followed by three to four repeats is god awful. I hardly see any advertising for this show.

They need to take more chances and give the show more liberties, but I think moving it to later timeslot is a retarded move for a show where they're trying to get the audience to grow. Take the chances, keep it where it is, it'll create some controversy and create some buzz and people will tune in to see what the fuss is. And then they'll realize it's an awesome show.

And I don't even want to get into the Special. What a joke.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think ABC has some sort of grudge against this show... maybe they just dont want to have to pay for 14 (err 13 now) main actors every episode...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny you should mention that actually because I've heard (wait, maybe it was just a joke in that Mad magazine) that this could happen. Seriously though, if this how got huge, and the cast held together like that, ABC would be F'd in A. Where's HBO when we need them?

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if Lost is ever cancelled, that EXACTLY where we'd all tell J.J. to send it! Though I suppose if he's ever faced with that issue, he'll just end up killing 3-4 of the characters in one fell swoop "Hey Kate! what's that ticking noise coming from the hatch?" "I don't know! Go get Hurley and Charlie and lets check it out!"

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri May 06, 2005 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Hey Kate! what's that ticking noise coming from the hatch?" "I don't know! Go get Hurley and Charlie and lets check it out!"

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I was wondering how long it would take for someone to laugh at that
Harry

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Anyway l thinks it's a great idea to hold back til 10 o'clock. More action, more blood and gore, more everything. Hell maybe they could even throw in some Nookie if you know what l mean.

LMAO! Nookie! HHAHAHA....
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote
Quote:
LMAO! Nookie! HHAHAHA....

Thats right little boy, NOOKIE...lol
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think moving lost to a new time slot is a great idea.

for me to poop on.

Not that i care personaly, but everyone knows that moving time slots is the best way to get a show canceled.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
I think moving lost to a new time slot is a great idea.

for me to poop on.

Not that i care personaly, but everyone knows that moving time slots is the best way to get a show canceled.

Ordinarily I would agree with you but Lost has such a HUGE fanbase, I don't think it moving to a later timeslot will hurt it much, if at all. If this was a show that only had a small cult following, I would be worried, but as it stands now, I don't think Lost stands a snowball's chance in hell of getting cancelled.

I hope it does move permanently to 10pm, as there are some things (ie. "nookie") that just aren't permitted to be shown at 8 pm. And a move would allow the show to become a bit more edgy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: