Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that crazy...since day 1 weve had PB & J forced on us.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy, because of this:
Aislynn wrote:
However, the thing with Locke is that I don't see it so much as them "resetting" him to Season 1 Locke. I feel like he's on a journey and that obsession with the Hatch was just part of the road he's on. He started off with this unwavering faith, then he focused it all on the hatch because if the hatch didn't MEAN SOMETHING, then Boone died for nothing. That was what I saw in him at the end of S2. "I was wrong" covered a lot more than "I was wrong about the button not doing anything." He was wrong and it had cost Boone his life (or so his guilt was telling him).

-particularly the Boone part. . I didn't really think of his interrest in the hatch that way as much before, but now I'm convinced that this is what it all meant. And even if the show itself isn't showing us that well, at least I can have a hope that they do have a reason for everything that's happend, and it has made Locke better for it. This ep just felt like bad closure before, but if the whole thing really was about Locke's guilt about Boone, and even the infamous "I was wrong" quote all had a purpose, all going back to Boone. Then Boone's death really did mean something, as did the hatch's, and I can feel like there is a purpose to all this besides just using Locke to tell storylines.
So thanks Ais, you definitely did restore my faith in Locke, and the writers again .
(and that gives me a good idea for a Locke video )

Quote:

One thing that's weird here is a lot of people are now expecting season three to have either "season one Locke" or "season two Locke"...uhh....it's season three.

I wasn't, or at least I wasn't intending to sound like that. I expect a Season 3 Locke - a new Locke - and by the end of this ep, I definitely got that... but this season 3 Locke just seemed way too simillar to Season 1 Locke. It seemed, as E said it, "the season 2 style lost got cancelled" and the writers just decided to go back to season 1 Locke because every liked that Locke . It felt like all the "growth" Locke had was just him sluffing everything that happened to him in the last year.
I don't want Season 1 again. I want season 3 .

Quote:
-Animation bear, I think even one my computer obssesed friend could do smth like that

did anyone notice how I kept using the word "scary" in my first post here? Yeah, I was talkign abotu the quality of that animation, not the fear-factor of it . But Marcus is right, we've gotta let that go. Though it brings up the question: why have it at all if it's gonna be like that?
And it wasn't as much the animation as the camera angles. It never once looked liek the bear was actually behind Locke and co (in the jungle) or really that Locke was fighting it (in the cave). Too jumpy, just didn't work well.
And when we've seen such amazing shots as the first Polar Bear, and that monster chase scene with Boone and Shannon in Hearts and Minds, I guess we expect a bit more Oh well.

Quote:
I remember I saw some weird effects in last Sayid flashback, it was in the end of the episode,with him standing alone, the Iraq background was just weird maked.

I actually really liked that shot lol it looked weird, but breathtaking. I almost want that as a desktop image lol.

Quote:

*raises hand* I beg to differ. If you're talking about post season 1 Locke then I have to disagree.

I was talking abotu the Locke we have at the end of this ep, ready to take up a leadership role and get his friends back. Is that what you disagree with?
Quote:

What's sad is they're kinda running out of available women, what with the "let's kill 3 women to every 1 man" thing they've kinda been doing...

LMAO so true
Quote:

Oh man, they really cut a lot out of this poor ep, didn't they?

Arghhh.. that really does explain a lot. This ep could have been so much more satisfying if it didn't feel so rushed.

As for Demond and Locke shipping: Maybe that whole deal the Others had with Claire was they wanted to clone her! *out of the Jungle comes 2 more Claires, who then start making out with Desmond and Locke* wow, problem solved

In all seriousness - whatever happens ship-wise with Desmond, Locke, or whoever is just fine with me. So long as it feels natural

Anyway, in conclusion, I am happy and satisfied with Locke, the writers, Lost, and this ep again. Thank you to all of you, especially Aislynn for getting it just right. Locke makes sense again. I like that.

Spoiler:

I wonder if we'll have this same situation with Sawyer next week

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Spoiler:

I wonder if we'll have this same situation with Sawyer next week

Spoiler:

I hope we dont have some bizarro "resetting", or the notion that these characters have changed woud be out the window, and wasnt that one of the main themes of the show? Plus, until "Confidence Man" in season 1, I didnt know what Sawyers name was, so I called him "a**hole guy", lol...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

Spoiler:

I hope we dont have some bizarro "resetting", or the notion that these characters have changed woud be out the window, and wasnt that one of the main themes of the show? Plus, until "Confidence Man" in season 1, I didnt know what Sawyers name was, so I called him "a**hole guy", lol...

Other than
Spoiler:

Sawyer S3 speculation

, I don't see why that had to be spoiler fonted. But oh well...

Spoiler:

I find it really funny about Sawyer that he's the #1 favorite character on Lost, when in the first few to several eps almost just about everybody hated that guy. In Pilot 2 I wanted him to get shot in the head, LOL. There's definitely been some character developement with him.

A little off-topic, but does anyone else have a really annoying time reading people's spoilers? The text is about just as dark as the background and you have to underline everything you can't see along with opening it. That's why I use white font with the spoiler text.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:

A little off-topic, but does anyone else have a really annoying time reading people's spoilers? The text is about just as dark as the background and you have to underline everything you can't see along with opening it. That's why I use white font with the spoiler text.

That's because you're not using the Official Colours Change your style to LVI Black or Gray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't like black or gray. I sign in just to get rid of it.

sig by IslandofMystery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: