Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WMM2 importing issue...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: WMM2 importing issue... Reply with quote

So, I tried to import a file into WMM2. The import thing came up and it started to go, but instead of telling me what % complete or how much time left until it was complete, the numbers were going TOTALLY wacko. The collection shows that it has a clip, and if I play the clip, it plays the whole two minute thing. The thing is, there's no timer on the playback window...it always shows 0.00.00.00 / 0.00.00.00 and when I try to drop the clip into the timeline, it doesn't go. I don't get an error...it just won't go in there. I'm very confused...

Maybe I need to have someone convert it from .mpg to .wmv? Anyone else ever had this issue after ripping a DVD? I followed all the directions perfectly to a T the way that MoreLight wrote it out in her tutorial. The file plays on winamp, windows media player, and divx player just fine, only it has the same timer issue...it always shows 0.00.00 for everything. I'm not sure what this means...any ideas?

...oh, also if I close WMM2, when I open it again, the collection for the file I imported is gone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMM is a magical program...most of the time you never know what it's going to do.

Honestly, from a software point of view, it just sounds like the program is having a hard time reading the file. If the clips aren't too big, I suggest converting them into another format like WMV.

I'll look for a free converter on google, but if anyone knows any good ones, please post them. I haven't used one in ages, so I'm not sure which one is worth the download.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I just got home from work and opened up my WMM to try again, and ALL of my clips got deleted from it, and so did the ONE project file I had going Is it high time I delete the whole damn thing and just redownload it...? My computer effing hates me. And you know what? I hate it right back.

I'm re-importing all the clips right now and will keep you posted on whether or not they're actually going into the program...something weird is going on.

Even to be on the safe side, I did a virus scan last night of my whole computer and only came up with one threatened file, which was a random zip file in my winzip program folder, which got promptly quarenteened...dunno what the deal is...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, I'm glad you got that file out. Even a zipped file can wreak havok if it has a virus.

WMM is very temperamental. I would do that, unistall it then reinstall it. If you need any help, just let me know.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems to be working all right for now, and it's keeping the clips I'm importing, so, I guess all I really need is to see if I can find a full free (read: pretty much illegal) version of Blaze Media Pro (because I'm VERY much in love with it, but my trial version ran out) and convert that clip from mpg to wmv. Good luck to me, I guess...

Thanks again for your help! This all needs to clear up EFFING quick, because I'm TRYING to work on my contest submission for this month...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: