Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Council Member
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: New Council Member Reply with quote

Prior to the mess with the site Jake's real life became hectic. He decided that it would be best for LVI if he gave up his seat on the council. Jake will be greatly missed. We hope he'll still be making his incredible vids from time to time. He, like Charmax, has too much talent to ever stop making the vids that we love from both of them. Both of them have left their mark on LVI as I'm sure Jake's replacement will too.

In dealing with the mess that became the last days of LVI 3.0 we had a small delay in nominating his replacement. But we got the e-mail sent out to our (and Jake's) pick and got a response on Friday.

Today we welcome LostZilla to the LVI Council. He is coming in at a hectic time but we are all confident in his ability to provide a great contribution to the council.

Join us in welcoming LostZilla to the LVI Council.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lostzilla! Why aren't there clapping smilies? Just because you can't SEE my applause Lostzilla doesn't mean it isn't there!

Hope you're up for it. The minions are a rowdy bunch aren't we?
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx KC! Hope I'm up for this too! I'd better be

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for others who might wonder why we haven't asked them to be council members yet: don't worry we'll get to you eventually LOL the site keeps changing so much I really wouldn't be surprised if at least one of us has to switch out again
But for now, I think Lostzilla has a well-deserved position. While he may not have been with us that long (we didn't even know whether he was a "he" or a "she" >.< ) the raw talent he has is just AMAZING I was personally blown away by every vid I've seen of Lostzilla's, which isn't something that hasn't happened before to me with other vidders on this site, but STILL that's a pretty damn good compliment there lol
Welcome LZ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try my best Hobbes! No pressure or anything!! LOL

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No pressure or anything!!

I wouldn't dream of it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, lostzilla! *picture a clapping smiley here for me, too!*

Hobbes wrote:
(we didn't even know whether he was a "he" or a "she" >.< )

I hate to admit that I still have a bad habit of thinking everybody's female, whatever their username (I've known one too many "King Aragorn's" from my various LotR forums who turned out to be women... ). Actually, LVI is the first site that I've been fairly active on where there was a large number of guys. Providing none of you are lying... J/K!

Sorry to hear about Jake leaving, though. But it's not completely a shock because it's seemed that he's been "around" this forum less and less of late. It's sad when people have to move on, but also a fact of life, huh? We'll miss ya, Jake! (But hope that you still will throw a vid our way as often as possible and stop in when you can and say hi, woncha? )

Welcome again, lostzilla! I agree with what's been said above: I have yet to see a less than amazing vid from you!

~Aislynn
(who'll be here at least until that Angsty Jack vid gets made, promise! )
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm (or should I say hot?) welcome Aislynn. I can only hope I could make up for the loss of Jake, oh well..

An yea I'm a guy LOL

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?! I always thought most of you all were girls actually but I have a tendency to assume anyone that doesn't have some tell-tale sign (like a Jack and Kate avatar! *clears throat* ) is a boy. I guess it's probably human tendency lol
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm sorry to have to leave the glory that is the council, but am happy to see that LZ has taken up the responsibility.

Yeah, as much as I'd love to have stuck around as council, the fact of the matter is sometimes you gotta focus on the real life you should be living.

That's not to say the work here isn't important.

Anyhow, was just dropping in real quick. Things are still kinda crazy, but I'm starting to get a grip.

I'm glad everyone digs my vids enough to care. Currently not working on any though and don't, as of now, foresee any happening in the near future. A buddy wants to me to help him make a short Vader thing, which I may end up doing.

I'm rambling. It's cause I'm tired. I'll shut up now. But yeah, congratulations LZ, and thanks again Council, it was an experience that was, in a word, glorious.

Peace out for now Lost boys and girls.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Jake! you will be missed!
and Hobbes whats wrong with my avatar?? LOL I just happen to find J/K's relationship very unique and intriguing.. yea ok im a Jate shipper Ok..i'm just gonna shut up now!

Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lostzilla. Glad you joined the Council team...lol
We have such awesome people running this forum and when one of our brilliant members decide to spare off it's nice that we also gain another one. WELCOME LOSTZILLA.

PS-JakeNRoland-we're so gonna miss you buddy. Much Love.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in a word, glorious.

I'm gonna put that in my signature as a memory or you Jake It will always remind me of you and your shining avatar full of a scratched-up Ethan
We're gonna miss you
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lostzilla! You'll make a great addition to the council !

And Jake, you will be missed, don't be a stranger, k?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, I've always thought of you as a boy.

What are you really?

And welcome Lozilla, your videos are awesome so I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job with LVI. But I will miss you Jake, for your avatar makes me smile and piss my pants in fear at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: