Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Odd Request - Vid Clip Care Package

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: An Odd Request - Vid Clip Care Package Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anybody will care to respond to this... Hey, maybe this is a big ol' "no-no" in the vidding community. If so, then please accept my most humble apologies in advance. But you've gotta understand: I'm getting desperate here!

For those of you who may have missed my many whiny posts spread throughout this board, I'm making a Jack vid. It's about half done now and I've run into a serious problem. I don't have the clips I need to finish it. I thought I'd be able to "fake" the scenes that I don't have (I knew before starting that I didn't have the proper clips, I just didn't realize the entire vid was going to look realllllly odd without them. )

So here's my (possibly improper, but well meant! ) big-puppy-dog-eyed plea: would anybody be willing to make me a "care package" vid out of clips? What I basically mean is, if you have the clips I need -- even if just some of them -- would you be willing to share your raw footage with me? I'm not asking for your nifty transitions or anything like that, just the clips in a WMV format vid. I should hope it goes without saying, but I will certainly, absolutely credit you in the vid (and any future vid that might ever use those same clips) for your help. Also, all of my other clips are in wide-screen, so if you happen to have wide-screened clips also, that would be immensely appreciated. It's hard work to keep those aspect ratios the same, ya know...

Okay, here's what I'm looking for: clips of Jack crying. (At this point, you might surmise that this is not a happy vid I'm making. You would be right. ) If the good doc has tears in his eyes or flowing down his stubbly cheeks or just looks like he's thisclose to crying, I really need video proof of that.

I'm particularly interested in the bucket load of shots like that from "Do No Harm." I've also been seeing one in recent vids: it seems to be a night shot, he's sitting in front of a campfire and he's crying to the point it might be better termed as sobbing. Wish I could place that episode but I have no clue at all. Must be an early one and probably was around the time he was seeing Ghost Of Dad. But it would suuuuure look purdy in my vid...

Anyway, there you have it. No hard feelings if there are no replies. But...somewhere...Jack will be crying. Just not in this particular vid of mine.

Thanks bunches and bunches!

~Aislynn
(The "C'mon, Jack, Cry Me A River, Woncha???" Vidder Girl... )
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to help you out but I have to go to work at the moment so I'll get back to you!
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing an ansty Jack vid right now too So I can definately help you, though, like KC, I'm at work right now too.

I'll check back in this thread when I get home (should be home around 10pm EST) and see if you still need the clips by then.

BTW, clip of Jack sobbing in front of the campfire is from "White Rabbit" (which I think is ep 5 if I'm not mistaken).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got a bunch of clips for you!

Most of them are from "White Rabbit" and "Do No Harm". I put in the CPR scene from "All the Best Cowboys have Daddy Issues" too as it's pretty darn angsty.

The clip's about 25 mins long. I didn't want to cut anything too close so you'd have a lot of material to choose from.

It's 82 MB (yeah, I know, kinda enormous!), I rendered it at the highest quality so it will still look good after being rendered again in a vid.

Hope this is what you were looking for! If you need any other clips don't hesitate to ask me. I have all the eps on my computer and I don't mind helping a fellow vidder out

Here's the link:

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HPQ148WNO51K0K4UIU77U4YDD

Can't wait to see your vid!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat me to it Ringwench! Well I hope you got everything you need from that Aislynn. I'm too slow!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does infamous "happy, happy, happy" dance* Not only one offer of help but two! Awww, thank you so much, Ringwench and KC! I don't have smileys that have an appropriately high level of coolness for you both, so these guys will have to do:

I really, really, really appreciate the offers of help, much more than I can say! Thank you from the bottom of my wee little Angsty Jack vidding heart! Hopefully you both got my PMs.

*more happy dancing*

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: