Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Soul Meets Body" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: "Soul Meets Body" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Soul Meets Body" 09-26-2006
Hurley's quest leads him to the one person who understands...
Song: Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 2:21 (12.9 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1f8bzp5uFo
http://www.badongo.com/vid/207664
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_SoulMeetsBody.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)

Brighter version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHct-lmLk6I
http://www.badongo.com/vid/207674
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YouTube versions came out a little fuzzy, unfortunately... Hopefully the downloadable ones will look a little better if you want High-Quality Hurlielle.

Hope you enjoy!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First to comment!! yay!!!

That was great!!!

Death Cab for Cutie!!!! One of the best band ever! Great choice of song!

Lucky marcus!!

Animation was great, I loved the numbers, the effects (especially that lens flare effects surrounding Hurley and throughout the vid).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurlielle!!!

Loved the pool balls with the numbers and the split screens, lens flare effects were great. My only qualm is the audio editing it is slightly off but you don't notice it much.

A landmark in the Hurlielle saga great job Ais!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay another vid by Aislynn!! LoL, now that is out of the way...

That was a great vid, the set up and effects were awesome. I can't believe how vidders, like you, can pull off these AU ships. Simply amazing

Whether or not it was that I read it somewhere on these forums, I had a feeling your next vid would be this ship. Maybe it was from your sig or something.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune: I'm SO glad you liked it! I've had this song stuck in my head for months now, and I just always "saw" a Hurlielle vid for it, I have no idea why! But I'm relieved that it worked for you! Thanks so much for watching and commenting!

Polarbear: Heya Pauly! I'd ask you which part of the audio you meant but, honestly, there's a lot you could be talking about! *smacks forehead* I worked and worked and worked on the audio bits and on editing the song for by far the longest amount of time as anything else that I did, except for the animation (the most time-consuming animation that I did actually ending up the cutting room floor, nothing like totally wasting time on something useless, huh? ). Point being, though, I finally decided that I'd done the best with the audio that I was able to do so it was either send it like it was or forget the whole thing, so I opted to send it. Anyway, thanks for watching and commenting! Much appreciated!

xgene: First off, how much do I love that Boromir avi??? *hearts* I've been meaning to tell you that but just haven't found the right thread. Back on topic, yep, I've been blabbing about doing a Hurlielle vid all over the place, so I don't doubt that you've seen it somewhere! I really love AU vidding and it makes me so happy to hear that somebody thought I pulled it off! Thanks so much for watching and commenting!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! It's here!! And I love it!!! And I'm soo downloading and saving this vid.

The Au scenes work really well (especially the ones with Danielle & Hurley in the hatch) and the vid has some great effects and animations. You gotta be the animations queen here, Ais.

What I like most tho is the atmosphere of the vid. Hurley making this journey and finding Danielle was really cute and I love that AU sound bit at the end of the vid.

Your vid really gave me some motivation again to continue working on my Eko Au. Thank you!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thanks, Kaja! I really appreciate all of that! I do love do to those funky animations, yes it's true...

I most appreciate what you said about the atmosphere and all of that. I started off thinking this was going to be more of a stand-up shipper vid, then realized that it was really about Hurley's journey to find the place where his thoughts were "far more suited than here." (Should I have used my [intellectual voice][/intellectual voice] tags? ) Anyway, that was what I was going for anyway, so I'm thrilled that it came across to you!

And you KNOW I can't wait for that Eko vid! *wildly shakes the Ekoette pom-poms* I really hope that you'll be able to finish it soon because I know it's going to be great! I'm so looking forward to it!

Thanks so much for watching and commenting!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY, an Aislynn vid!!! Very cool video! Love the pool balls at the beginning and all the animation throughout.

I totally agree with Kaja, the atmosphere of this vid is what "makes" it. Awesome job, as always!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I knew I was gonna love this anyway since it's an Aislynn vid and it's Hurlielle (two of my favourite things in the world ), but that was just amazing! The animation was so cool, I love that pool ball thing, and so were the effects...the split-screens and lens flares around Hurley were perfect. That bit with the plane crashing into the island was BRILLIANT, and when Hurley meets Danielle the vid gets even better!!! The AU, as always with you, was perfect, and I especially liked that bit with Hurley in the mental institution and Danielle in the weird hospital hatch making it look like the same building. And then the classic Hurlielle hug with that lens flare at the top.

And I loved the bit at the end with Hurley asking Danielle out on a date and her saying yes.

My new favourite vid. Of all time. Seriously. The only way that can change is if we get some actual Hurlielle on the show and you make another vid. Oh and btw, this is now on the Hurlielle page at Lostpedia.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
First off, how much do I love that Boromir avi??? *hearts* I've been meaning to tell you that but just haven't found the right thread.

LoL You're the second person to comment on it. Glad there are other Boromir peeps here

When it comes to AU vidding I'm picky on whose I watch but you're always a sure bet to do awesome (along with Di). Now go and start on your next vid!! *cracks you with a whip*

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't finish watching the vid, and I KNEW I had to login to comment!

Great production! Really! I loved the intro first of all (so creative!) and the effects you used weren't only for show but really seemed to go with the flow of the music and song. I really liked the vid toward the end when it was showing both Danielle's and Hurley's similarities (how Danielle is seen as crazy and Hurley was in a mental hospital) and their "meeting" in which Danielle walks toward the Losties' camp and Hurley gives her an adorable wave.

So, again, fantastic job!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'm so excited this is finished! I was afraid you were going to give up on it; you were scaring me a little with the pool ball thing.

First of all--I really thought that pool was a really interesting touch; my favorite part being when you superimposed the pool balls on the list of Numbers. NICE touch!

Second of all--I never really thought of anything other than Hubby, but this was really adorable!

I love you and your AU, Aislynn. Five stars from me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIS!! That was so cool! You're really doing good with Vegas! It took me forever to figure out some of the features in that program and I've had it for almost a year.

That was so cute at the end with the voiceovers.

I don't know why, but when I render my vids in Vegas they are really dark too. I'm gonna try Sony Levels>Brighten for the next one, I hope it makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'm gonna cry. I don't like Brightness and Contrast.

Awesome as usual Girl!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need i say more than this:
Better than an orchard of jedi apples.

GO HURLIELLE!!!! GO AISLYNN!!!! W00T!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: