Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! This was a great episode...now I feel like were finally getting somewhere.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys? Honest opinion - do you think Heroes is a suitable replacement for Lost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I dont know why, but its 2 different shows to me.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest opinion? No.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No show can replace another, unless its a classic crime drama. My So-Called Life, Buffy, Dead Like Me, Carnivale, Lost, all of these shows have at one or another time been called my favorite and yet neither of them are inter-replacable. So no. But I LOVE it. It's really good! And it appears to have some follow through. Which isn't even in the Lost dictionary.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows how much of a man shortage that we have here- Isaac's really hot.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, no. He actually IS hot. LOL.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL kc. Hey I must be really bored tonight, I am writing and responding like theres no tomorrow! Sorry everybody thats sick of seeing my posts! Also, does "Simone" bother anyone else?

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome . I don't think so either. To me, Lost is still on a whole 'nother level... which makes it more okay to point out mistakes in it (which makes me feel so guilty in saying so ) because it really tries to pull-off a masterpiece show. But Heroes... Heroes feels like a *fun* show, you sit down and don't take too seriously. You gasp at the action scenes, and laugh at the fun scenes. I love the premise and I love some of the characters, but other than that it just doesn't feel like a professional sort of show. It will never "wow" me, or at least definitely hasn't yet, and I don't think it will really.
However, this show is kinda placed in the same sort of genre as Lost. It's what I consider to be the closest thing to Lost you can find in TV shows nowadays, and it's getting drastically popular, with a lot of the people I know who used to be Lost fanatics changing over to Heroes. So it's an interesting question lol.

Quote:
No show can replace another, unless its a classic crime drama. My So-Called Life, Buffy, Dead Like Me, Carnivale, Lost, all of these shows have at one or another time been called my favorite and yet neither of them are inter-replacable. So no. But I LOVE it. It's really good! And it appears to have some follow through. Which isn't even in the Lost dictionary.

Yeah, you may just be right about that.

Quote:
Also, does "Simone" bother anyone else?

Me!
No time for cynics in this show. Not when we all know they have powers. The TV said so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Also, does "Simone" bother anyone else?

Me!
No time for cynics in this show. Not when we all know they have powers. The TV said so.

Oh thank god, I thought I was just being a bitch about it. Hobbes Im with you on the "fun" part. HEROES is really cool, but its certainly as not as original or off the wall as LOST- which is almost completley unpredictable.

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget that Heroes is on Monday night until something clicks in my head a half hour into 9:00 and then I go downstairs where my sister and mom are already watching it. It's not really an excellent show, which is why I don't care much. But it makes up for itself by not taking itself so seriously. I agree with Hobbes, it is a more 'fun' kind of show. The Japanese friends are the cutest and best to watch. The ensemble casting kind of disappoints me though. If the premise was the same but most of the cast members were top-notch interesting looking "watchable" actors, like Greg Grunberg or the Lost cast, then I'd be more excited about the show, and care more about the characters. So, in answer to the 'replacement' question, absolutely NO.

I've missed more than I've watched though. But I kind of get the gist of all that's going on. Hope tonight is an interesting ep.

sig by IslandofMystery
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone is annoying.

And I go to psych on Monday nights so I always have to watch this later. *pout*

(I almost typed "psycho") LOL
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode was okay...not a lot happened, which is a bummer. Nathan is a dick, yeah. But it WAS fun to see him running around in his pajama pants. Hiro was really funny showing the comic to Micah and re-enacting his little "wha hoo!" dance. The explosion was cool.

Spoiler:

Glad to see Isaac is not dead...yet.

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um....any opinions on the latest episode? I thought Peter saving Claire at the homecoming and absorbing her powers to stay alive was really cool. I was annoyed with that little kid that Mohinder was around though. At least he's finally back on track.

I want to see more Hiro.... and I'm sick of that cruddy ugly cafe they're staying at. (by the way I saw him on Conan last night... he's a wicked beatboxer and was a little whiz kid on the cover of TIME magazine )

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, wasn't something supposed to happen in that ep? I mean, they've been building up to it all season, the "save the cheerleader" moment, but the actual fight was kinda wussy. I thought Sylar was badass. Yet he's stopped from fulfilling his super-dee-dooper-destiny of killing Claire because he... what? Fell off a roof? Didn't he fly in an earlier episode? And why can't Peter steal his powers? Is he just too stupid?
Not to mention the whole future paradox thing... like why did all the paintings come true except the one with Claire dead? Most of them wouldn't have even happened if the people didn't see the paintings in the first place. Kinda cheap Deus Ex Machina, huh?

Anyway just unloading. I'm glad there are some quite visible faults with this show at least . Its popularity is bugging me, since we keep expecting these big huge moments where everything changes in Lost, yet it's okay if there aren't any on any other show on TV . Lost is still way better than Heroes. Good.

P.S. I hate Mohinder. He's useless, stupid, and as far as I can tell played by a horrible actor .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: