Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Heroes Reply with quote

So, I just saw the pilot for this tonight, and it actually looks pretty cool. You can really see what Lost has done to the new generation of TV; so many things they kinda copied from it . But I'm liking the premise: a bunch of random people gradually get superpowers around the world, and drama ensues . It's like watching X-Men 3, only with a plot .

Anyone else see it? Or am I alone? (so lonely...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it (Been looking forward for it actually)

I thought it pretty good. Only thing I thought was weird was that the bad guy was in NYC in a taxi but... was suddenly in Texas with his family.

The Japanese characters was pretty funny I thought. Transportation into the ladies room was hilarious. Who would want to make time go backward at work? Flying guy's brother flying. WTF? Cheerleader's intro with a video camera recording was played great imo. Did you see that one shot of the thugs who broke into Woman-With-Weird-Other-Side-In-The-Mirror's house? Jeez, the guy was actually cut in half.

Definitey gonna watch next week.
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Heroes Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
It's like watching X-Men 3, only with a plot .

Oh that just made my day

I actually didn't want to see that show cause it looked like it had too many qualities of Lost and most "Superhero" shows have let me down before. Although in the trailer I saw, the asian guy in the cubicle totally rocked. LoL, Asian Pride Baby!!

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X3 comment- couldnt agree more here.

Yeah I watched it last week sometime (on iTunes) and my only complaint: I dont like Milo's hair in this one. But otherwise it looks interesting.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only watched the beginning of it before getting booted off of it by my dad, but it looked good. seems to me that they also looked at smallville's premise. I mean all these powers, invincibility, flight, turning back time, yea superman did all those things. so its like smallville but different people get certain powers instead of one person. . . well thats just what it made me think of
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Pilot a couple weeks ago from a torrent and I thought it was pretty good. I'll prolly just download the next ep but when does it air? I might watch it on TV.. (i dont like commercial breaks) lol
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister is watching this show and wants to get me to watch it, I've seen little bits of it. That asian guy is so cool and funny. But it looks like it combines too many premises that everyone's seen used over and over again. Especially X-men. I don't know.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:
My sister is watching this show and wants to get me to watch it, I've seen little bits of it. That asian guy is so cool and funny. But it looks like it combines too many premises that everyone's seen used over and over again. Especially X-men. I don't know.

lol yeah I know what you mean The show seems like it might turn out to be a rip-off of everything I love. But if I know it's a rip-off of everything, that makes it okay, right?

Quote:
Did you see that one shot of the thugs who broke into Woman-With-Weird-Other-Side-In-The-Mirror's house? Jeez, the guy was actually cut in half.

No, I didn't see that shot LOL. Nice. That scene was spine-tingling.

I like the characters in this, and for some reason I recognize a lot of them but have no idea where I saw them . Super Hiro has to be my fav too LOL . The nurse guy thinking he's all special then actually not was kinda amusing to me. .
I would have loved the guy I dubb "Sayid 2" if he hadn't been the one to introduce the theory behind this show.... I just don't like the "people gradually evolve superpowers, it's natural!" theory, especially when he's supposedly been studying it for years, when 30 seconds in any science book can tell you it's crap. I'd much rather have some sort of alien mutation crystal, or the eclipse, being the cause - at least then it wouldn't be so obviously impossible...
Quote:

I thought it pretty good. Only thing I thought was weird was that the bad guy was in NYC in a taxi but... was suddenly in Texas with his family.

lol yeah I noticed that too . It's also kinda ironic that there's only one person not in the United States, and he has the power to teleport there in a seond. That certainly is convenient, isn't it?

Overall, it seems like this is gonna be one of those shows that isn't exceptionally written, acted, or thought-out, yet still fascinating heheh. I plan to watch again next week too.
I think it's mondays at 8 Harry, but I could be mistaken (I have a PVR... woot.)

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Overall, it seems like this is gonna be one of those shows that isn't exceptionally written, acted, or thought-out, yet still fascinating heheh. I plan to watch again next week too.
I think it's mondays at 8 Harry, but I could be mistaken (I have a PVR... woot.)

Yeah we LOST fans wouldnt know ANYTHING about that, would we? really the only reason I watched is cause I like Milo Ventimiglia (a fellow Pizan okay?) and Ali Larter. I have a bit of anxiety about LOST coming back on- its so much pressure or something!

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this show got REALLY graphic.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many episodes of this show have there been, it looks and sounds really good so i'm thinking i'm might go download it only if I'm not too far behind. thanks
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was the only the second one.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh cool, good to know thanks MG
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movieguy---> ditto! I really wasnt expecting to see that guys head totally like, open right there~!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yeah, I definitely have to agree

This ep just further confirmed this theory of mine
Quote:

Overall, it seems like this is gonna be one of those shows that isn't exceptionally written, acted, or thought-out, yet still fascinating

Still fascinating though

(and it was neat seeing the Pilot from Lost there )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: