Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silent Hill Movie
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Silent Hill Movie Reply with quote

Hey if anybody here is a huge fan of the Silent Hill video games like l'am, you might wanna check this out. A couple of months ago l read in our Brantford Expositor that they were filming the silent hill movie here in my city. They've been building the sets and now they are filming this week and next. I will try to take some pictures of the sets tomorrow when l go up town with my sis to check it out and post them if anyone is interested.

In the meantime... here are some other production photos I found on the net.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_gallery.php?category=27&parent=3
http://feilkin.kuiki.net/photos//orpheum03.jpg
http://feilkin.kuiki.net/photos/tunnel.jpg

Silent Hill Movie
The movie is based on Konami's popular Horror Survival game "Silent Hill". The strory is written by Roger Avary ("Killing Zoe"), and will be directed by Christophe Gans ("Brotherhood of the Wolf").

A woman desperate to save her dying child finds herself trapped in an alternate reality as she searches for her daughter in a dangerous world of demons.

Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, she ends up driving through a portal in reality, which takes her to the eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill.

Sharon disappears in Silent Hill, and Rose follows what she thinks is her daughter?s silhouette all over town. It?s soon clear the town is not like any place she?s ever been. It?s inhabited by a variety of creatures and a living darkness that descends and literally transforms everything it touches. The human inhabitants?the ones who are left?are trapped and fighting a losing battle against the Darkness.

Joined by a cop named Cybil, who has been sent to bring her and Sharon back, Rose searches for her little girl while learning the history of Silent Hill and that Sharon is just a pawn in a larger game.

To save her daughter, Sharon makes a deal with a demon in the form of a little girl.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds just like a Silent Hill video game doesn't it. l can't wait for this movie to hit the theatres.

PS-l don't know any of the cast yet, l can't find a list anywhere so hopefully tomorrow while l'm uptown, l can find out more about the movie and the cast. Oh also by the way, most of those pics l linked arn't really sets that have been built. Thats what our Dumpy Down Town really looks like...LOL. Just ask Harry if you don't believe me. Thats probably why they choose our crappy little City, cuz it looks like shit...LOL.

EDIT: Teaser Trailer

Last edited by Hollywood on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLS I was gonna do the same thing... Right now im gonna just upload the pix from the news paper... They will be on soon
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok l went down town today with my sis to check out the movie sets and l gotta say it's coming along great. l couldn't take any pictures though just as l was about to leave l got the camra out of the bag and the batteries were dead .~DAMN~ lt's kinda funny actually, you know walking down our streets that now have been transformed into a ghost town...lol. They've built this old looking like sewer tunnel that looks quite spooky. All of the stores are now real, real dumpy looking and have Silent Hill written on their signs. They've also built this creepy looking movie theatre that has an old fashioned popcorn machine inside complete with a candy bar that looks so rusty and worn out. The set designers we're still painting the walls on the street today, making them look all old with mold and stuff. Fences were put up on some of the buldings and l thought that looked so cool, just like the game (cuz you know in the games theres old rusted fences and gates and crates.) THere's also gross looking old garbage cans all down the streets and a couple of tumble weeds too...lol. l'm going back tonight so this time l'll take some pics and post them on here as soon as l get home. But yeah it looks really cool.

PS-Also when l wrote before that filming begins this week, l was wrong. lt doesn't begin til next week...lol. Also rumor has it that Angelina Jolie has been seen around in our town, so lets just keep our fingers crossed shall we.

Last edited by Hollywood on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry hollywood... I was down there after school Ive took some pix and Im gonna upload them after supper so ya.... They will be on soon
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtVSfreak wrote:
Dont worry hollywood... I was down there after school Ive took some pix and Im gonna upload them after supper so ya.... They will be on soon

Harrys pics of the Silent Hill town have very good quality and are very detailed. He's sending them to me as we speak. He'll post them up here very shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here are some... I'm going back down with Hollywood so I will post some more... In the DARK ... way better

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, thats sweet. I hope the film turns out better than Resident Evil did. ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Luvs ur Avatar! LMAO.... I would love to c locke do that hhahaha
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some pix of the night....

Hollywood has some video that shes workin on and will post it as soon as possible....LOLS
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it does look creepier at night...

haha. I like how people were actually puting trash in the fake trash can. You can see it on the group underneath it. lol.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtVSfreak wrote:

Hollywood has some video that shes workin on and will post it as soon as possible....LOLS

Ok l've finished my Silent Hill Set Production Footage video.
l used 4 different songs for the vid, all from the SH video games.
1-Silent Hill 3 Theme-you're not here
2-Silent Hill 4 The Room Main Theme
3-Silent Hill 2-Music Box
4-Silent Hill 2-Room 312

Here it is if you wanna check it out.
File Size: (39.4 MB) File Length: (5:48 mins) & File Format: (WMV)
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1T0GTYEQYMK7W0QQXM5O37CQ2B

Last edited by Hollywood on Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
well, it does look creepier at night...

haha. I like how people were actually puting trash in the fake trash can. You can see it on the group underneath it. lol.

Yeah theres was even more garbage in those tin cans too...lol. lt looks so cool uptown.

Oh yeah just incase you're wondering who are those goobers in the vid, well me with the camera, my sister Kate and her boyfriend Justin, Harry (a.k.a. BTVSfreak) and his brother Donny.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Pics Harry

Last edited by Hollywood on Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! i wish they were filming a movie in my town. I would hijack their sets guerilla style!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
sweet! i wish they were filming a movie in my town. I would hijack their sets guerilla style!

LOL...that would be halarious. l know eh, it's so cool that they picked our crappy little town. l'm gonna be up there next week when they begin filming like everyday...lol. l'll try and get more pics and video footage if they let me that is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: