Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"What I Like About You" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: "What I Like About You" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"What I Like About You" 12-17-2005
Skate - lighthearted, fun and flirty!
Song: What I Like About You by Lillix
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:05 (10.9 MB WMV)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmVfgWMcqoY
http://www10.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=513
http://www.zshare.net/video/aislynn_what_i_like_about_you-wmv.html
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_WhatILikeAboutYou.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!!!!!!!

this was a really fun Skate vid with some awesome moments I'd forgotten about lol

loved the "clip assistance" at the end

its a great pressie for MG he will love it I'm sure
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My darling Aislynn, you've done it again. Cute! Still haven't turned me over to the dark side. But at least I find it amusing! Hehe. Love that!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome vid...

I'd write more but... not now.

I will predict what Nate'll have to say though:

Quote:
Auntie, what have I said about credits!!?!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me predict what FUTUREAislynn SHould say in response...

Quote:
Stick it up your patootie, Nate!

(See, no bad words.)
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i have to admit i thought that would be fluffy and shippery in a bad way, but i really liked it! good job with the transitions and flashes, they looked awesome!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid Ais. lol apollo bars being in the suitcase. Thanks for the credit at the end!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I love this one, and I can't figure out WHY you held this in your tight scared grasp for so long Aislynn! it's just as good as any other one! I especially like it because it's so lighthearted, and that is very rarely seen in a Skate vid.
But the best parts are the subtleties doubling that clip as the camera goes up, and that jungle double-up, while so very short, and near unoticable, are like a breath of fresh air to the clips, and make it all fun and I'm probably looking too hard, right? but I still really loved that.

Patented Warren-bullets-his-favourite-parts list :
-Beginning animations: so hard to do! nice!
-Kate taking the case to the music
-How Kate looks so nervous with the "wanna come over tonight"
-"Up down, jump around" poor Sawyer.
-the black bars WMM transition - it fit perfectly! How can anyone possibly complain about a WMM effect when it's done RIGHT?
-so many AU scenes nobody's thought of, like the Sawyer talking to Kate as he picks the lock
-the Apollo bars suitcase thing = genius
-all the WMM transitions, especially "you, you, you!"
-the ending credits ah I'm so glad to be in there! but why are you Kate and not Jessica Alba?

Great vid. Don't know WHY you're so shy with these thigns!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all that Hobbes just said. This was just as good as any other vid of yours, just a little different, that's all! I love the way you use the WMM2 effects. So clever. And I love this song too, not so sure about this version but it's still good. (and yu've had enough complaints about song choice, especially since I've loved all the songs you've used ).

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*huge sigh of relief*

fallen_angel: Thanks! This really was supposed to be just a light, fun vid, which I'm glad it still comes across as despite all the "behind the scenes" drama it gave me!

SuperKC: Well, you know what they say, "If you can turn them to the Dark Side, at least make 'em laugh while they're visiting. And give them cookies." Hm, I'm not really sure who "they" are, but... *gives cookie* And FutureAislynn has jotted down your advice on what to say to Nate about those credits... Thanks for commenting!

MovieGuy: Happy birthday! And I don't doubt that that'll be what Nate's thinking if he sees this vid. However, I warned him that there were lots of those little critters in there, so hopefully it won't drive him over the edge or anything...

lost&brokendreams: Thanks so much! I'm glad I was able to exceed expectations! I've done so many angsty vids, I just wanted to try something that was 100% angst-free!

Polarbear: Glad you liked the credit! I had an entirely different sequence for the middle instrumental part set up and it tanked horribly. I actually got the idea for using the Apollo bars from the sig banner that Marcus had up at the time!

Hobbes: Ah, you always catch the little things! I appreciate that attention to detail! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thoughtful review! And to answer the burning question... I was going to use my fabulous Jessica self but it looked out of place since I represent my 3 "clip assisters" as their favorite Lost characters. So, I decided to go with Kate as my "personal representative." FYI - I did let Sarah pick her character first. If she would've said Kate, then I would've gone with somebody else. Anybody have a guess as to who my second favorite female Lost character is?

marcus: The Official Shout-Out To Marcus For His Unintentional Help In Creating A Middle Section To This Vid. I...uh...even borrowed the Apollo bar from your sig, too... I looked for a screen cap of it, I really did! But, as this was still in Dial-Up time, I had trouble navigating page after page of screen caps, trying to find a clear pic. So I sorta swiped your sig banner and cut the Apolo bar out of it! And made a couple boxes of candy to go in the case! Necessity is the mother of invention, ya know... Thanks!

Thank you all for commenting! It's greatly appreciated, especially on this one! And I'm really glad that I'm making the transition to - uh - transitions well! I still just try to visually represent what I hear in the music. I was afraid I might go effects-happy or something, so I've really tried to stick to that and not just use an effect or transition just because I can...

~Aislynn

PS - And thank you, Warren, for all of the links. One day, I'm gonna be able to get links for myself, I just know it!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you didn't have to tell me that, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I believe in total vidding honesty, doncha know?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... second favourite female Lost character... Could it be Ana Lucia?
I'm going to guess... Sun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Danielle?

(do it for the Hurliellers!)

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I actually do like Sun (and come on, ya gotta have the love for Danielle and the whole Hurlielle ship, right? )... Nope. Good guesses.

No comment on the whole Ana Lucia mention...

I actually would like her okay as long as I felt sure she would never, ever, EVER come after my sweet Southern boy!

Let's all chant JANA! JANA! JANA! shall we?

I'll leave my answer until tomorrow, just to give all the thousands of other people out there the chance to guess as well.

Wait, there aren't thousands of other people out there wanting to guess who my second favorite female Lost character is? Really??? Wow, you learn something new every day, huh?

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: