Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Today I tried to go on to the site and it said:

"account suspended
Your account has been suspended. We have sent you an email explaining why. This email should also contain information on how you can unsuspend your account."

Is it just for me, or is that happening to everybody?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime, looks like we posted a minute apart - I am getting the same thing. That doesn't make sense to me if the message board is still up and is on the same domain.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it's "the monster"?!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, that sound did closely resemble the horrifying sound of a faulty modem circa 1996....
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Ha!.....We shouldn't spread this around, it would ruin the surprise for everyone else. Plus it might decide to eat us if we try
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always suspected that thing wasn't getting enough food. But hey, I'd run out of bandaides and available fingers.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure this mess out. I'll keep you guys updated when I figure out who felt the need to mess with my site and they better have a damn good reason .

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What The Hell is going on with the site . l was on there last night around midnight and it said there was 4 new vids but they wern't up yet so l went to bed figuring they'd be up maybe in the morning or sometime later in the day and now There's NO SITE AT ALL . Please, please , please tell me you guys r gonna fix it cuz l practically live on LVI and it's my favourite site to visit all the time. ~lt's where l get my LOST fix inbetween the weeks when there's no new Lost on. Anyway l'll be checking like every hour to see if the site is back up or not cuz l'm dying to check out the new vids.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made contact with our provider and was directed to an abuse e-mail address. I sent them an e-mail and am just awaiting a response on what is going on. Apparently we may have committed a CPU abuse (if anyone actually knows what that is can you tell me...lol). I don't know if it has to do with BitTorrent or if we were hacked or what has happened. As soon as I know something you guys will know. I am doing everything in my power to get us up and running ASAP but I am worried that this is a Sunday so I don't know how fast they will get back to me then if we have to fix something that could take some time since that is Enchiritos department. But I promise you guys I will not give up till this site is back up and running.

www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chommon.. I dont get it? wat happened? the site just vanished?
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much more then I've posted here. For right now all I call tell you is I'm not done trying to get to the bottom of this and just as soon as I have some answers all of you will as well. LVI is something I feel very strongly about and I will see to it that we are up again as quickly as I can. Till then the board is still here which means the account is still active and the site is still out there in cyber space somewhere. I don't know what happened but you can be assured that I'm probably more pissed then all of you put together and I will get LVI back up!

www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok l was just wondering if the April contest is still gonna happen and if so could someone post the rules and submission stuff on here for me since the LVI site is temporaryly down. THANX.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What The Hell is going on with the site Question . l was on there last night around midnight and it said there was 4 new vids but they wern't up yet so l went to bed figuring they'd be up maybe in the morning or sometime later in the day and now There's NO SITE AT ALL Sad Confused . Please, please , please tell me you guys r gonna fix it cuz l practically live on LVI and it's my favourite site to visit all the time. ~lt's where l get my LOST fix inbetween the weeks when there's no new Lost on. Anyway l'll be checking like every hour to see if the site is back up or not cuz l'm dying to check out the new vids.

in response to the "4 vids" thing:
We have a system where when a video passes in the council, whoever can get around to it first (usually me ) posts all the information in little boxes in a "staging area" that Enchirito invented. then, when Enchirito gets back, he looks at what we entered to make sure it all works, then moves it onto the site (he's the only one who knows how exactly ) One little glitch is when we put these vids in the staging area, they show up in the "updates" section, even if they haven't been moved to the actual site yet (the staging area is like a password-protected section thing that is secret to all but us ) Soooooo that means that there are 4 vids that haven't been moved onto the site (actually, 5, there was one from the day before too) that we have to wait for Enchirito to get back and put on the site.

BUT FIRST we need to get the site back

Lostcalier: I have all the .torrent files for all the downloads hosted on the site, and while the "LVI Server torrents" page is still down like the rest of the site, those downloads are still working. If NEED be, we could still post any of those ".torrent" files temporarilly on another server if need be, and the downloads would still work I think. Or if anyone REALLY wants to watch a certain video, just PM me and I'll send you the .torrent file via yousendit, which will let you download it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said something about a PC error, right Lostcalier? I'm worried it could have been me that caused it somehow... I had all my torrents just opening, when suddenly my computer froze last night and I had to shut it off... maybe they screwed up the server somehow sigh...

I'm assuming you've emailed E already? lol. Who leaves their computer for this long...? hmmmmmmmmm maybe E is dead! *SHOCK!* or maybe I should seek psychiatric help!

and did you ask those ipowerweb guys what's up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: