Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've made a HUGE mistake : (

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: I've made a HUGE mistake : ( Reply with quote

I submitted my first video ever to LVI this afternoon right before going to practice, so I just threw it up on two hosting sites. one, of course, was YouTube, but I uploaded the other URL to YouSendIt and put it in my submission... but now, when I got home, I read in Hobbes Hosting Guide that my video will be disqualified if I put it on YouSendIt...
Sooooo - does anybody know if I can "take the submission back" and out it on another - approved - site, or... am I in big trouble?
I've been waiting so much to submit this video, I'm so happy about it... please help me!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, hon, you're okay since you also submitted a YouTube link. YouSendIt, Rapidshare and Megaupload are fine for secondary links, just not as the only link that's sent in (they expire or have other limitations on them that make it hard for us to judge them so they're disqualified for the judging process). But so long as you have an "acceptable" link such as YouTube as well, then it's perfectly fine to have a YSI one as well. In fact, we encourage that, so that people who would like to download your vid as well have that option!

Congrats on your first LVI vid! It just went on site a minute or so ago!
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ais! Good to know til next time for submitting
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference, I, personally, use Putfile for my secondary link. I've also seen zshare, bodango (or uh something along those lines--ask Aislynn, she uses it sometimes), and a few others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: