Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VF file - WMV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-x- Angelic -x-
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: VF file - WMV Reply with quote

I have just finished my first video that i made using sony vegas. But it is in the format VF. I thought i opted to change it to a WMV file before i saved it to the pc but when i tried uploading it on to Putfle and YouTube it wouldnt let me because it was a wrong file type.

All my other videos i have made using WMM and they have been fine to upload. Juts wondering is it because im using Sony vegas this time that io have to do something to change th efiletype to upload it.

I have no idea and would apprciate any help. Like i said its the first time making a vid on vegas so dunno if its a coincidence or weather you have to do things differently to when using WMM. Please Help

Thanks

Banner made by me!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nupe, you don't change the VF file. When your video is ready to be saved, you click File > Make Movie...or at least that's how I save mine...then you choose whether it's a MPEG, WMV, AVI, etc. etc. and I usually go with WMV because it's more compressed I guess you could say..it doesn't rack up as many MBs. See if that works for ya!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, right on the nose, Erin. Angelic, this is the same thing that you do in WMM when you Save As A Movie (aka rendering). That changes it from your project file (.VF is the same as WMM's .MSWMM) into a rendered vid that can be uploaded.
-x- Angelic -x-
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks guys!
I thought i did do that first time time change it into a WMV file but i obviously didnt. lol Ive done it now though (Hopefully) and it is saving now so hopefully i'll be able to submit it on here sometime tomorrow and maybe i'll get my first CP! lol (probs not) my first video made through sony vegas so hopefully the effects and things wil get me there and after a while of getting used ot it i must say it is like 100 times better and the best thing is the quality is great and it doesnt crash. Only downside is my trail ran out minutes after finishing my vid. Lucky huh?

Banner made by me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: