Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judged/Not Judged?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Judged/Not Judged? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I was just wondering if you could tell me whether or not Nobody's Home has been judged yet? I know y'all have SO many videos to wade through, but it's been a while and I'm getting a bit antsy.

Was also wondering if I could have some feedback on it?

Love you all! (Heehee, am I a creep or what?)

AP x
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, AP, but I'm afraid "Nobody's Home" is pretty deep in the pack right now... We are, indeed, very far behind in voting, I'm sorry to say. We get in a lot more videos a week than probably anybody really realizes and what with this being summer and people off on vacations and such, it's taking longer to get enough votes on each vid.

Believe it or not, we really DO know how anxious vidders are to get their voting results -- almost all of us were "regular" members before we were Council Members and we sweated it out just as y'all are doing right now. But for each vid to have its fair chance, that takes time. Especially if you notice how many 5 and 6 minute (and longer! ) vids we receive... All of that begins to add up, time-wise.

However, nobody's vid is being forgotten and all of them that are waiting for their voting to finish will get their fair turn. And, of course, anytime you have any questions or concerns, you and everybody are welcome to ask!

Thanks for your patience!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's totally OK, I completely understand. It must be so difficult to collect votes in normal time, let alone in summer holidays and stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply!

AP x

PS Aislynn your vids rock!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is my seaside vid on your list?
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, only 2 slots away from AP's "Nobody's Home."

Now, we make every effort to judge vids in the order in which they're received but occasionally they do get shuffled and newer ones end up coming out sooner than older ones. However, we DON'T go through and vote by who are friends are or anything like that. Nobody gets preferential treatement, just in case y'all was worried about that.

The voting process is something that we're constantly trying to find ways to do better and more efficiently, while still giving every vid its fair chance.

An interesting exercise... Take about 10 vids or so, such as the most recent ones that have just come out. Watch each of them all of the way through, even if they're for ships or characters you don't like or watch vids for. Think about what CP you would give it (or not give it ) and WHY. (And we don't judge on things like whether we hate the song or can't stand that character... )

At the end of that, see how much time that's taken you. And that'll give you an idea of why it seems to take us so long to get through all of the voting. One weekend, we had nearly 30 vids come in. Just in that one weekend alone. Not counting all of the ones that came in during the week that preceded and followed. While it's great that LVI is thriving with vids (it sure beats the alternative! ) it just doesn't take long to get swamped.

Anyway, that's the end of my blatant plea for Sympathy For Your Local Council Members.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
That's totally OK, I completely understand. It must be so difficult to collect votes in normal time, let alone in summer holidays and stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply!

AP x

PS Aislynn your vids rock!

Aw, thanks for your understanding and thanks for saying that about my vids!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh sounds fun! lol I might try that when I watch videos. I always give feedback for videos I enjoyed and that I knew I would enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: