Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hoodoo" by PsychoCynic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: "Hoodoo" by PsychoCynic Reply with quote

"Hoodoo" 09-18-2006
She always loved him. Yet the more awful lies she hears about him, the more she is compelled to believe them. Ethan only wants to plead his case. But what happens when the very goodness he wants so eagerly to tell her about is seen as crazed and demented?
Song: Hoodoo by Muse
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Length: 2:50 (22.7 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://media.putfile.com/Hoodoo-66
http://rapidshare.de/files/33605163/eclaire_9_final_0001.wmv

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*screams* Eclaire vid! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome beat use and I loved the moody atmosphere! Aw, poor Ethan, he was just all misunderstood... I'm SO saving this one! And you certainly didn't have to thank me but you're very welcome for my bit of encouragement!

*more screaming* Yay!!!!!!!!!!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, my first comment. Thanks so much, Aislynn. I'm really glad you liked it. Yes, the moody atmosphere worked perfectly for this vid (you can always count on Muse for versatile music, yet music that just WORKS in any situation ). Thanks so much for the compliment on beat use. It was pretty tricky, but I tried my best - glad to see it didn't go unnoticed.

For judges and anyone watching this:

PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE PICTURE QUALITY OF THIS VID. IT WAS THE DIRE CONSEQUENCES OF OVER-RENDERING. If everyone could just try to look past that, I'd be eternally happy.

Enjoy, all!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, you just made me so sad over the ending of this! Poor Ethan! I think you slightly converted me there. In other words, it was really awesome.

I noticed the bad picture quality near the beginning but then figured it was probably an artistic intention. I also noticed the great beat use. Ah, Claire and Ethan is such a tragic love story, isn't it? You really brought it out with this video. Plus I love Muse.

sig by IslandofMystery
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at me...shivers up and down.

GOOSEBUMPS all over! Not alot of people know I'm a closeted Eclaire fan, and you've captured their twisted, dark relationship perfectly. Perfect songs, perfect clips...

Still have shivers.

10 out of 10 Apollo Bars...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria, that was freaking awesome!

Great beat use, quite dark, dramatic and kinda creepy.... what can I say? I totally love it!!!

Fantastic job!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent vid!! Love the editing and the creepiness of it!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that was creepy! You did an awesome job setting up the atmosphere.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, wow! A gold council pick! I really didn't expect one ... at all. Thank you so much, Council Members. You've made my day!

DS, you thought the bad picture quality was artistic? Well, you're completely right. Haha! *tries to play off her awful computer skills as intentional* Well, I'm just happy they weren't so terrible that you guys couldn't enjoy the vid. Thanks. And hell, yes, Muse rocks!

Lostaway, thanks so much for your compliment! I'm glad you liked my vid (I love your David Bowie Eclaire trailer thing!) Thanks for the candy, too - *eats up my yummy Apollo Bars*

Karolina, thanks so much for your comment on my beat use. I'm always deadly afraid of beat use because WMM just FREAKS when it sees quick cuts and has a mind of its own! But thank you for the reassurance! I'm glad you liked it, even if it was a bit creepy (well, Ethan IS in it, so it has to veer that way just a tad ). I hope this Muse song makes you consider vidding a certain other Muse song with Jin and Sun ... hmm... just kidding. You did a great job with Fading Like a Flower, I love Starlight, and I need a fluffy Jun fix, but I can't pressure you.

Heather and cylune, thanks for the editing review - that seems to be my biggest problem. Thanks, as well for setting up the atmosphere (though, I have to give a lot of credit to the 3 awesome guys that is Muse for that).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
Karolina, thanks so much for your comment on my beat use. I'm always deadly afraid of beat use because WMM just FREAKS when it sees quick cuts and has a mind of its own! But thank you for the reassurance! I'm glad you liked it, even if it was a bit creepy (well, Ethan IS in it, so it has to veer that way just a tad ). I hope this Muse song makes you consider vidding a certain other Muse song with Jin and Sun ... hmm... just kidding. You did a great job with Fading Like a Flower, I love Starlight, and I need a fluffy Jun fix, but I can't pressure you.

Yeah, I know that problem with WMM and quick cuts. You did great even with bad, stubborn WMM.

Oh, and your vid is cool because (and not in spite) of its creepiness! I really like watching creepy vids as they fit well with the general mood of Lost.

Concerning "Starlight": You know, I was actually thinking about taking on your request. I might wait a little bit tho since I've only just made a Jun vid. Also, it'd be great to have some new footage. So, Season 3 better come soon.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT was really good! I enjoyed that a lot. You did a great job with all the clips and the effects. The whole idea was just really cool! I rarely can watch a video in it's entirety without becoming bored (even with my own vids)LOL. Very well done!!!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
THAT was really good! I enjoyed that a lot. You did a great job with all the clips and the effects. The whole idea was just really cool! I rarely can watch a video in it's entirety without becoming bored (even with my own vids)LOL. Very well done!!!

I'm assuming you're saying you WEREN'T bored with one. Well, thanks! lol. Yeah, I'm with you though. With some vids (even my own - when I rewatch them), I just want the good part to happen already. I'm glad you didn't think that was the case with this video! Thanks, Steph. You're a sweetie!

Lyrics for anyone that's interested:

Come into my life
Regress into a dream
We will hide
And build a new reality
Draw another picture
Of the life you could have had
Follow your instincts
And choose the other path

You should never be afraid
You're protected from trouble and pain
Why, why is this a crisis in your eyes again

Come to be
How did it come to be
Tied to a railroad
No love to set us free
Watch our souls fade away
And our bodies crumbling
Don't be afraid
I will take the cold for you

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this one! I think PC is a vidder after my own heart- let the story take you, not a ton of effects.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really liked this one! I think PC is a vidder after my own heart- let the story take you, not a ton of effects.

Thanks, Ruth! I'm glad you liked the story (though, I WISH I could do a ton of effects and make it sparkly and pretty!)

Still, you compared my vidding to yours so that's a phenomonal compliment.
capnlou
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I just...*sigh* That was so well done, such a great EClaire vid. I loved the beat use you used and how you made the vid have a creepy atmosphere but not just making Ethan out to be a complete psycho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: