Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Curb Your Enthusiasm Reply with quote

So, I was thinking about getting into this show and I knew Jake would be to lazy to make a new topic for it. lol.

I see there are already 4 seasons out. What kind of show is this? All I know is it's made by Larry David, who also made the best sitcom ever produced. And that's all I need to know really - where do I sign up? Do I need to start at the begining?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hands down the funniest show on television EVER. Its like seinfeld, except better and without a laugh track. The great thing is--its a comedy enchirito so its not like you missed plot movement. Check it out, you either love it or hate it...i think it will be the first reaction for you-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the beautiful part, you can literally jump into almost any episode. There are some continuing plot lines but they're not all that important. Imagine a dirty, funnier Seinfeld and that's what this show is. After watching Curb now for awhile it's odd to watch Seinfeld again and REALLY see how much of an influence Larry David's comedy is in Seinfeld. It truly is hilarious and deserves more praise than it gets. And yeah, what Laura said, no annoying laugh tracks. Many times the show is very uncomfortable which is hilarious. But yeah, too much to say about this show and too tired to do it.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Seinfeld was the perfect sitcom so I can't imagine this or anything topping it - but I know that George Costanza was actually based on Larry David so I am imagining an HBO-grade 'Adventures of George'. That would be insanly good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: