Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Bittorrent Help Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Official Bittorrent Help Thread Reply with quote

Many, if not all of you answers can be found here: http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/
Don't even bother commenting how "it's too complicated! I don't understand a word of it!" just calm down, start from the top, and try and get down the basics from the top sections, and then make your way through the part where you think you may have the problem. Any difficulties you might be having that you just can't understand on there, then please don't hesitate to ask here. Bittorrent should be able to be run on every computer, no matter how ill-computer-litterate the user is. We will get these downloads working yet! But first just take the first try at the page, and try to understand it yourself. Without that effort, all the talking through bittorrent we do will ammount to very little.
By the way, don't worry about understanding the bottommost sections, they're not really important for downloaders to know.
Also, if make sure you read the terminology section, at least the top parts, because it would be hard to describe what's going on without using those terms.

Now that I'm armed with an F.A.Q. at my disposal, I'm ready to solve all of these Bittorrent needs! Lets start with you regular forum goers who can't seem to get bittorrent working I'm looking at you Aislynn!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: