Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ironic" - Other

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: "Ironic" - Other Reply with quote

* "Ironic" 2005-04-13
Requested by Claire_Rockslost247
* Song: Ironic by Alanis Morisette
Vidder: Jaime
Length: 3:50 (9.37MB WMV)

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=LVI_Ironic

Jaime your vids keep getting better and better! There's still a few things that you need to learn, but these vids are truly getting pro I liked how every part of the song had a clip to it that fits it just right, like "rain" "wedding day", etc.

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun May 22, 2005 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I love you what do i need to learn? I made a Claire video the other day but I can't submit it because my internet doesn't work(im at school)
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought if the lyrics were emphasised more with a scene change and a change in pace along with it, then this vid would be even better. That way, it incorporates the beat into the video a lot more, along with the lyrics . Then there's also the need for smoother transitions from one thing to another that could be a little better. It's like... jumping from one thing that the lyrics focus on to another just like that without a story or connection seems a little odd. If you do that, then my suggestion would be to add a transition in there, even a simple one like fade out or something, it would make a big difference to the vid I believe
Again, great job, just a few things to try out on your next video or something looking forward to your next!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok coolness. I got my internet back! and I'm getting ready to send you guys a vid, I hope it's good(way different from the spectrum song )
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie, I agree with Hobbes. I just now got around to watching this vid, although I downloaded it ages ago, and I *loved* the literal way you approached the lyrics. It's very much my taste. My favorite part was the "meeting the man of my dreams/and then meeting his beautiful wife" when you cut to Sayid and Shannon. Bit of a personal glee moment, there.

But the editing is generally rough. Some of the clips ran just a split second too late, and then the ones that followed got pushed back and didn't have the effect that they could have. Other times you had clips that seemed very random, like towards the middle/end when Jack and Sawyer are talking. I didn't see how it fit with the rest of the vid.

Please keep up the good work!!

Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....The Jack and Sawyer thing is because the lyrics said "and yeah I really do think" and I just thought because of how Sawyer was shaking his head it kinda sorta looked like he was agreeing with what the song was saying or whatever...I hope that makes some kind of sense
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=LVI_Ironic
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually pretty good- I got through it! Not to sound like a b*tch, but some I just cant sit through. I was actually laughing at first- even though an old guy dying is not that funny. Im a sick person, I accept that.

Anyway I have to agree with others- quicken the pace,. My rule of thumb (of course depending on the tempo of the song, but it should be fine in regards to this song). Under 4 seconds. Believe me, 4 seconds is long. Especially for a vid, a single image is all you need. It has a LOT of potential.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Its actually pretty good- I got through it! Not to sound like a b*tch, but some I just cant sit through. I was actually laughing at first- even though an old guy dying is not that funny. Im a sick person, I accept that.

Anyway I have to agree with others- quicken the pace,. My rule of thumb (of course depending on the tempo of the song, but it should be fine in regards to this song). Under 4 seconds. Believe me, 4 seconds is long. Especially for a vid, a single image is all you need. It has a LOT of potential.

Im glad my video was "sit-through-able", and there are some videos I can't get through either
and ok to the other comments; will do.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaawww I really love this video! fantastic!
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was so effing awesome...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to see this one and it's so cool!

I loved how you found a perfect clip for just about every lyric! The old man and the lottery/Hurley's granddad keeling over (ohhhh... Yet it was so funny at the same time 'cause it fit so well! ), Jack being the man afraid to fly (too funny! He really DID look like he was worried about the flight! ), the "life has a funny way of sneaking up on you" with Claire, Ethan and Charlie, Sawyer smoking during the "a no smoking sign on your cigarette break" (he DOES look like he's on a smoke break, doesn't he? ). Well, if I go on, I'm going to end up repeating the entire vid, huh?

Anyway, this is an awesome vid!

~Aislynn
no1slayer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay im glad some one made an 'ironic' vid. ive always thought that it fits perfectly with the lost ensemble. really good vid, i like te bit at the beginning with hurley winning the lottery fit fabulously (ok i cant spell that lol). really good vid !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: