Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"On The Edge Of Something New" by CharmedGirl36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: "On The Edge Of Something New" by CharmedGirl36 Reply with quote

"On The Edge Of Something New" 08-27-2006
The progression of the Jate relationship. Uses Hurricane by Something Corporate.
Song: Hurricane by Something Corporate
Vidder: CharmedGirl36
Length: 4:06 (16.9MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bqFQmwEBUo

AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're improving, and I see you've taken on board the advice that was given to you! Your use of the music - if not perfect - was a lot better this time around; I especially liked the white fade-outs that you used two or three times on a clip.

Your use of transitions was good, maybe slightly random in places though. You could improve it even further by only using the dramatic transitions (i.e. the one where the clip kind of explodes out into pieces) on dramatic moments in the music, for example an especially loud cymbal clash.

Also, as you were trying to convey the progression of the Jate relationship, a little more order might have been better, although your use of clips that were appropriate to the lyrics was quite good.

All in all, a nice little vid. I especially liked the clips you used at the beginning and end when the music hadn't yet started/had just finished, and you could hear dialogue - they added something special to it.

Keep on at this rate and you'll be up on that Council Pick Hall of Fame before you know it!

AP x
CharmedGirl36
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. I was trying to show the progression but I wanted the lyrics to match so...that was just an artistic choice. lol. Thanks for the advice and I think it's amazing that you think I could get on the hall of fame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: