Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: "Tonight I Wanna Cry" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Tonight I Wanna Cry" 08-17-2006
A Desmond/Kate AU vid
Song: Tonight I Wanna Cry by Keith Urban
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 2:56 (9.8 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Z8HqOxoYc
http://www.badongo.com/vid/184612
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_TonightIWannaCry.zip
Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)

Brighter version, streaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DUzOUcS2E
Brighter version, downloadable: http://www.badongo.com/vid/199440
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I rendered the first version of this vid, I checked it on a different monitor than the new (and quite bright ) one I used while making it and I found it to be so dark and murky that you could barely see anything!

So I re-rendered a brighter copy for anybody who has trouble with things appearing dark on their monitor. (If you'd like a download link for the brighter version, let me know and I'll get one. Otherwise, the downloadable Badongo link is for the original, non-brightened version.)

Hope you enjoy (and can see at least one of them, lol! )!

~Aislynn
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY you finished!

I LOVE the effects you used--damn, I want the money and space on my computer to have the vidding program you use

This vid was really nicely put together, Ais, I really, really liked it a lot. The song, by the way, was beautiful. AU is so fun to watch, so thanks for a great two minutes and fifty-six seconds of AUey goodness

Much love!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DATE!

That was incredible! The song you chose was really perfect for the video, you matched the lyrics really well, especially with all the drinking parts. I loved how it had desmond drinking on the label of the bottle too. The photoshopping of Kate into the desmond picture was really cool too, it looked so real! And the AU scenes where really awesome, loved how you fixed up the 'I never' scene.

Awesome Video!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also, I'm retarded. I didn't realize that the brighter version was also a youtube. I saw the darker one, to answer your question a little less dim-wittedly
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore this video One of your best in my opinion Ais It's so touching and sweet. I mean, these two have barely even MET and yet this ship feels more real in this vid than any other I've seen in a while. This vid made me want to cry, which few few vids manage to do, so amazing job Ais.

Detailed review:

-love Kate being in the eye
-love the hatch as a house
-love the constant beat use, even as Desmond runs through the hallway
-heheh tv
-bottle of wine - so sweet
-nice photoshopping on the pic! The official Date logo now
-walking away: I love vids that use that scene of Kate walking away
-*GASP* Aislyn stole a Skate scene for this vid look at that dedication!
-rain - could that scene have been more perfect? Honestly?
- the beat use right after that of Kate's picture. Wow, that is some pro skill right there
-"Now that you're gone" was that a still pic you photoshopped Kate out of? Nice!
-letters. So perfect.
-Kate going out the door: so powerful, and fitting directly to the tune! Magnifique!
-losing self-control: it's almost like that scene was meant for this vid lol. Whenever I see Desmond throwing things to the floor I'll think it's because he misses Kate
- the whole ending was just beatiful

I just loved the subtle beat use in this. It may be what makes this vid so extra-special. I mean, you don't even notice it, and yet you do and it takes attention off the little things, like "Hey! That never happened!" :lol. I have to say I was honestly convinced by this video. It feels like this was meant to be, and that song was meant to be the song for Date Beautiful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG,Aislynn!!!
This is such a beautuful video!I love all effects you used!You made it so real and true...
I like the way you erased Kate from the still pic...it fits the lyrics perfectly...
I'm officialy in love with this vid!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
oceanicflight
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was absoloutely awesome!!! one thing is annoying me though, i always see the scene of kate cryin in a pink top on this website and i think that i have maybe missed an episode somewhere along the line, what episode is that in?
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Aislynn! You made that so seamlessly (sp?). The au scenes with Kate and Desmond seemed so real! Congratulations on another awsome vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is my new favourite vid of yours, Aislynn...even beats "Stockholm Syndrome"!

Date is so the second best fake ship now (do I really need to say what the best one is? ). I loved the opening with Kate's face in his eye. The bottle of wine was cool, and I loved that pic you made! Yay, they're in Australia! And wow, how did you manage to get Kate out of that scene in the "Now that you're gone" bit? Amazing!

The song was perfect for this, especially the "but I'm just drunk enough" parts. The ending was great, showing them both crying then getting together again then both smiling, and finally the picture again. Great job.

And as always great beat use and amazing AU.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.

Last edited by marcus on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh aislynn that was PERFECT!!
It was just so beautiful and right and PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
From start to finish there wasn't a thing you could have done to make that any better. It was simply stunning. Without a doubt that is one of the best videos I've ever seen. Bloody great job!!!!!!!!!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant!! Just brilliant!

I love the editing, first off. It was so CLEAN! And as they say, cleanliness is godliness. The effects you used were also over-the-top (in the good way, don't worry!). I especially liked the Desmond drinking clip on the bottle, itself. Clever! The lighting was rarely used, but when it was, it was done at the perfect time. I also like how you made Kate "disappear" at the lyric "now that you're gone." The lyrics all fit perfectly to the scenes, and of course, the constructed scenes were well-done and believable.

Okay, I'm officially a Dater. And if I can ever summon the courage, I'm going to have to have a shot a Date vid.

Again, fantastic vid!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great Aislynn vid! Yay! I love AU, and that was done very nicely! I agree with Hobbes and Shankle - that is one of your best vids so far. I loved your useage of effects on the wine bottle, the photo and making Kate disappear - brilliant! I also thought the car scene was really convincing. Well pieced together and a nice storyline... I can see the Gold CP already
Poison Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That vid was so AMAZING! The lyrics fit so well to the scenes (which seemed very real, btw)! My favourite part was when Kate "disappeared"....Very well done! Great Job
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! Ais, I will love you forever for this vid!
I'm still all for Daire, but this vid is TOTALLY, ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! *swings the magic Sawyerettes-Dairettes-and-Daterettes pom-poms*

The little "special effects" you used here and there are stunning, especially Kate suddenly disappearing or how there's this little picture of her in Desmond's eyes. Woooo, that was so cool!

Your vid made me love Desmond even more!
Thank you for this vid, hon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: