Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What IS a spoiler? (NO SPOILERS WITHIN!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: What IS a spoiler? (NO SPOILERS WITHIN!) Reply with quote

What are we considering a spoiler here? Would it be things that haven't aired on the West Coast yet? Despite being on EST, I'm totally okay with that, but I was just wondering what everyone else thought.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said that in the "welcome to the spoiler board" but yeah, I'm not gonna stop anyone from talking about what's going on in the show just because some West Coasters haven't seen it yet They should just stay off the boards until then if they don't want spoilers. It's mean, but it works LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Hobbes I must have missed that.

However!

Can we debate this? Because even though I'm an eastcoaster, I so understand that the hours before an episode you kind of want to browse the boards or whatever, in anticipation.

So how hard would it be for the lucky ones (eastcoasters) to wait a coupla hours? I probably sound like some crazy "let's-make-more-rules-so-its-more-difficult-for-everyone" stick in the mud or something. But hey, I'm just trying to be polite . . .
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weeeeellllllll it would be the FAIR option.... but then we wouldn't get to talk about it right after the episode, when it's fresh in our memories which kinda defeats the point of having these lovely message boards

Btw, do we have any West coasters here? I myself am one, but I have the shaw cable thing, so I watch Lost at 5:00 PM instead of 8:00.
But before I knew that, then I just had to wait it out the normal way too, without going on the message boards.

Don't worry, you're not being a stick in the mud I'm just being overly mean to my West Coast bretherin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tis true Hobbes, the "fresh in the memory" thing would be sad.

How about... and this is just crazytalk here. The thread for that show could stay in the spoilers board until airnight (with the rule that ONLY spoilers for THAT episode can be shared there) and then after it has aired on the west coast, it can be moved to the un-spoiled thread?

Just as I was typing that out, it seemed extremely complicated and not a good idea at all, but who knows, maybe you'll like it (and maybe I'm crazy!)

Alright, I've put my bid in for salvaging the delicate unspoiled psyche of the average West Coast viewer. Unless anybody else cares, eastcoasters and westcoasters alike, I rest my argument.

(We now return you to, the Honorable Judge Hobbes.)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Honourable! score!

uhhhhh... I'm not sure I follow you with that thing... but anyway, how about we just continue on with the way we're going now until we eventually come across a west coaster who frequents these boards and doesn't have enough sense to avoid the show topic while we're talking on it, THEN we'll change something to fix it. If the .... something .... ain't broke, don't fix it.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you know me. I like to mix things up... because I'm a bit of a spazz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: