Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALL MEMBERS/VIDDERS READ: Trial Site Policy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: ALL MEMBERS/VIDDERS READ: Trial Site Policy Reply with quote

Due to the overwhelming number of submissions we have been receiving we've decided to put to test a potential new site policy. Recently in the Site Talk forum I put to all of you the question of what you favored more quality or quantity and overwhelmingly quality won out. In an attempt to see how this will work for the month of February we will be trying this new plan. Below I'll outline it for all of you:

If a video is submitted with clip theft in it the video submission will be immediately deleted from the submit area and an e-mail will be sent to the vidder. Our hopes is this will prevent any more clip theft videos from slipping past us.

If a video is submitte with a bad link then at least 3 council members will check that link. At that time if it hasn't worked for any of them then the video will be deleted from the submit area and the vidder will be notified via e-mail to fix the link and resend the video.

If a bad link occurs and the vidder does not provide an e-mail then we will post in the "Resend this video" topic in the "Videos" forum and that vidder will be responsible for resending that video. If you see a video from a vidder listed there please notify them to check that topic or contact us.

Hopefully this will help up the quality of LVI but it may slow the posting of videos to the site since before a video can now be posted it must be watched through completely. We appreciate your feedback throughout the month on your thoughts on this trial program. Please go and vote int he Site talk forum as well because at the end of the month those polls and this topic is what we will be looking at when we make the final decision on this possible policy change.

Thank you for your cooperation.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you mods don't mind... but i have sent out a few PM's to people who have picapic links i've done all users beginning with A and B (and a few C) and will continue to do so.... figured i'd help you guys out since your so busy and stuff. I couple of vidders are not available to contact (either no email or they are not on the forum for PM's) so once i'm done i'll send a list to one of you with all the vids or vidders that Ihaven't heard from or couldn't contact.

phew... *breathes* hope this helps out a bit with the broken links thing
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, how nice of Vicky. Need help?

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a coupld of my vids were hosted on picapic. I need to fix that...
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
Aw, how nice of Vicky. Need help?

lol well I try yeh could start at 'z' if you like
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice thanks so much! Sounds good LC.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea LC!

Quality is definitely better. If you needed help with the PMing/e-mailing maybe you could open up a new thread with a call for volunteers. If you have enough each person could take only a couple of letters for the Vidder's name and if you had a "form letter" format to send we could all send the same message. I would be willing to volunteer.

My lost music vids
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that idea cause i have tried to see peoples videos and the links don't work which really p*** me off excuse the language lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: