Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wild Child" by ashyrulz88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: "Wild Child" by ashyrulz88 Reply with quote

"Wild Child" 07-11-2006
July 2006 contest submission
Song: Wild Child by Enya
Vidder: ashyrulz88
Length: 2:52 (18.4MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlPAzVw7rw

marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the comparisons you did between characters in this...like I said in the contest thread, some of them I would never have thought of. Locke and Liam are very similar characters in Charlie's life, but I never really noticed it before this! And Claire and Lucy are very similar characters, and I already knew that, but you still put in some things I hadn't noticed before. (Charlie lied and stole things behind both their backs, and while that seems so obvious to me now, it hadn't really hit me before seeing this vid )

Awesome job, ashyrulz88. This was the first vid I saw for this contest, and I gotta tell ya, as soon as I saw it I thought "Wow this is gonna be one tough contest".

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing the people in his life to each other was a wonderful idea and you did this in a very nice way!

And (you have to forgive me... I have a soft spot for babies!) I went totally "awwwwww" when seeing Aaron and Megan.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Marcus said, this was the first vid I've seen in this contest and I knew it was going to be a hard one! That was a really beautiful video... the start with the DriveShaft jukebox was very well done, as well as all the other graphics you included. You put a lot of work in this video and it shows. The audio was really well done too. You choose a great song to include all that dialogue...

I love all the parallel you included - especially the Claire/Lucy part. The Liam/Locke one was a little suprising but it worked nicely also. Great job! Do you have a download link? I'd love to keep in on my computer...
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the opening credits in the jukebox like that! That totally made me squee!

A very nice character vid for Charlie and I agree about all of the great parallels that you did. I really liked the shots at the end where it went from Charlie playing the piano in his flashbacks and on the Island. It almost seemed like he and the piano stayed constant while the backgrounds changed around him. Very cool!

spalonieve
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your video was also the first one I saw. I really love what you did with the splitscreen comparisons!!! This is one of my favorites of this contest.
ashy_rulz88
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys so much for the comments! It makes me happy that you liked the graphics, because I'm MUCH better at making graphics & images than i am at making videos

Here is the download link. It can be added to the top post, if someone has the time to update it

Once again, it's comforting to know that your videos are being enjoyed. I was hoping for a gold council pic... i can't seem to get anything better than a silver, but i know my vids aren't anything special. I got Adobe Premiere Elements a few weeks ago and i'm hoping i can make an awesomely cool vid with it and HOPEFULLY get a gold pic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the download link!

I love your graphics!!! I wish I was able to do that... I can't for the life of me create a decent one. (I'm lucky to have a friend who does my vid graphics for me)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: