Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Animal I Have Become" by Shankle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: "Animal I Have Become" by Shankle Reply with quote

"Animal I Have Become" 08-01-2006
July 2006 contest submission - Wed never know who Sawyer is without knowing his past
Song: Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace
Vidder: Shankle
Length: 3:59 (21.3 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/sawyer-animal-i-have-become-wmv.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVVZzEp4Ds

marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you managed to finish this for the contest, Ed. They would've missed out on a great entry if you hadn't.

I love the starting part, with Kate reading Sawyer's letter. It took me a while to realise you had actually dubbed in Kate talking over that scene, it was really well done! And the sound of his mother being shot going on in his head. That was an awesome idea. I loved all of the audio editing the most in this vid, especially him and his conning partner saying "A tiger doesn't change his stripes." at the same time. But the rest of the video was brilliant too. Everything was on the beat or to the music and the song really suits Sawyer. I loved the ending too, with him walking off and that guy saying "When she finds out who you really are, she's gonna hate your guts..." Genius.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, you did a great job! Congrats on the CP and the 5th place!

Very good editing, well chosen voice-overs (dito to what Marcus said... Sawyer and his "partner" saying this at the sime time was a nice idea!) and a good song choice, too.

I really like that you used the last scenes from "The Long Con" (especially Sawyer walking up to the rest of the group with the gun in his hand) to end the vid with... makes it look quite dramatic.

Just like I already commented at Youtube, your vids are getting better and better and I can't wait to see the new stuff you'll come up with.

Btw, I'm downloading your vid right now, so that I can watch it over and over again!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome vid!! I love all the fade out and in right on beat (that's kind of your trade mark isn't it?). Great song for Sawyer. Heard it on the radio yesterday and I had images of your vid coming into by head!! That song will always be associated to Sawyer for me.

And like the other said, great audio editing! "A tiger doesn't change his stripes" Very clever!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys! Although i don't think this is my best video. Several messy clips here and there *slaps self, a few badly chosen clips that don't really fit the context, and several editing mistakes kinda make me dissapointed at myself. Of course i probably would have fixed them if i hadn't left it all till the last minute.....

I also got slightly carried away and forgot the purpose of the whole vid.... which wasn't clever at all

Anyway, i may in fact be ruining this for anyone who really liked it.... but i usually prefer learning from my mistakes than celebrating my achievements, so i need to know what i've done wrong.

Anyway yeah, thanks you guys, and well done for diong better than me!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think you want people to hate you."

Could you have CHOSEN a more perfect song for Sawyer. A well-done vid, Ed. I loved the quick beats (especially at the drinking by the fireside with Kate scene) and the voiceovers were phenomal - they told the story for you! I really liked it how you matched up both Sawyer and Gordy's "A tiger don't change his stripes."

Great work.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said on Youtube, I was blown away the first time I saw it, and it continues to blow me away upon repeated viewings....
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*MAJOR FANGIRL SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!*

OMG, Ed, I couldn't believe it when I saw my name and the Happy Birthday at the end! I hadn't thought about it being this when you said you had something for my birthday!

*more squeeeeeeeeeing*

There will be a review in here somewhere, I promise...

I agree that the voice-overs at the start were just seamless and utterly, completely, jaw-droppingly perfect ! I loved the double "tiger don't change his stripes" like that! What a cool idea to match those lines up like that!

And I REALLY loved the way you manip-ed the last bunch of audio clips, especially getting Sawyer to say, "I'm not a good person, Freckles." I just practically swooned at that. (Don't ask me why... ) And the way the "she's gonna hate your guts" sounded like it was about Kate! w00t! Excellent job!

I totally, completely loved it from start to finish! And the apple watermark? Just bee-YOO-tiful!

So, allow me to present you with the Coveted Badge of Jedi Certification, given only to vids who go Above and Beyond the Call of Sawyery Goodness.

*fanfare, applause, crowd cheering*

Awesome job and I just absolutely love it!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so putting that in my signature

Anyway yeah i thought an angsty/angry sawyer vid would be perfect birthday present for you, i'm just a little slow....

But the main purpose of this video was not in fact to do well in the contest, but to make you go "squee!!!!", so therefore, the video was a total success

Now to get cracking on that desmond video

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: