Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"All The Best Heroes Have Past Issues" by Luka
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: "All The Best Heroes Have Past Issues" by Luka Reply with quote

"All The Best Heroes Have Past Issues" 07-30-2006
July 2006 contest submission
Song: Sympathetic by Seether
Vidder: Luka
Length: 4:06 (25MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgJAsyLjd4
http://rapidshare.de/files/27583479/All_the_best_heroes_have_past_issues.wmv.html

Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

This was INCREDIBLE, Luka!

I must admit, I have never been too big of a Jack fan. I don't despise the character, but he's not my favorite either. At least, that's how I felt before - that Jack was somewhere in between for me. But now?
Your vid made me see him in a whole new light.

You took all of those Jack flashbacks - the ones that most of the fandom is getting REALLY tired of - and twisted them around, and basically let us know that they DO have a point, and that there IS a connection from his past to the island. Just...wow. I loved the song, I loved the parallels, and in the end?

I loved Jack.

Kudos to you for making such a fantastic video! I would have never been convinced that Jack's flashbacks aren't just useless waste without this vid; I've added it to my YouTube favorites.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent beat use and flashback connections. I particularly liked your quick close in shots that worked really well. Congrats on 3rd place!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the feeling I got from this that Jack has been trying to change his life since he got on the island, and wants to start over, but he's reliving his life once again, having to save (and lose) lives, deal with his dad's death, and his alcohol problems. I particularly liked the comparison of the Jate kiss to Jack's kiss/mini-affair, rather than compare it to his wedding kiss, like far too many Jaters would do lol.
Nicely done. Good beats and effects, and a fairly nice job showing Jack's past and what it had to do with the island stuff.
Oh, and I always have a special place in my heart for anyone who uses the Jack-falling-down-the-hill scene from White Rabbit, and the saving-Charlie scene from All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues I've used thsoe so much, they feel like my clips. It's nice to see someone else who likes to use them lol

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Luka. I loved how well you did the comparisons, particularly the one with Sara's operation and Boone's death....very well done. Fantastic job editing and with the close ups of his face etc. I thought Jack would be one of the hardest characters to justify flashbacks for, since he's had so many and it sometimes seems they're just dragging out old things again....but you really made every ep have an important meaning to them.

Hobbes wrote:
I particularly liked the comparison of the Jate kiss to Jack's kiss/mini-affair, rather than compare it to his wedding kiss, like far too many Jaters would do lol.

LMAO so true.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit that I used to regard Jack as quite a softie (well, he does cry a lot ), but you managed to completely explain why he's like that. At the end of the vid, I actually felt quite sorry for him because he's really been through a lot of bad things in his life.

Very well done, great beat-use, too. Congrats on the 3rd place! *thumbs up*
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome!!!! It's very rare you get a jack video that is in fact a jaCK video. Stupid shipper vids....

Aaaaanyway, so yeah it's a really great video!!! Jack really does always need something to fix, don't he?
I'm gonna go watch it again!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has got to be one of my favorites Jack video ever! (Other favorites of mine are Uruviel's Scars and Di's My Hero). I love all the parallels you made between his past life and his new life on the island. Watching the vids in this contest really made realized that these characters do really relieve the same things over and over again.

And in an island filled with criminals, murderers, conman, hit-man and all the rest, it's refreshing to see that Jack's a real Hero, always trying to save someone... I loved Jack before and you made me love him even more!

On a side note, I would recognized your vid anywhere because you have a really distinctive style that is truly your own.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*jumping around*

Michelina and Kajam: you guys have no idea how happy I´m after read your comments. Jack is my favourite character ever, and sometimes I have the feeling that a lot of people just can´t see how complex and full of frustrations he is. If you guys can understand Jack and his acts a little more, I fell like my job with this vid was done.

Polarbear: Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Hobbes: I´m so glad that you liked! ATBCHDI is my favourite season 1 episode!

marcus: Thank you! I agree with you about Jacks FB, and thats why I choose him to be the theme of my vid

Shankle: Hahaha... Ok, I´m a jate shipper... But Jack is my favourite character, and although my love for ship videos, Jack deserves more vids about him only. Thanks!!!

Cylune: thats so true. Seems like the characters are in a kind of circle that never stops. I´m so happy do read that my vid made you like Jack a little more...

I want to thank the council for the 3rd place! This was the first time that I submit a vid for the contest, and this video in special means so much to me.
I remade this video 3 times, with 3 different songs. I send it on the last day, and I was still not convinced about the Setheer song... But now I´m very, very happy!
Thank you very much!

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, excellent song choice for Jack. It was SPOT ON!

Secondly, great, great vid. Your editing was fabulous and every clip went unwasted. The whole vid truly showed us why Jack is the way he is. It's vids like these that remind me why I loved Season 1 Jack and why it is actually NECESSARY for him to be the hero on the island. He can't admit defeat as he is trying to make up for the times he's failed in the past.

Lovely job!

On a sidenote, did you use WMM for this?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!
Congrats for the 3rd!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the opening shot, cutting between Jack and Young Jack's eyes like that! That was just the first hint of the awesomeness that was to follow!

I'm surprised to hear that this was ever made with any other song because everything just fits so well together! This is a great example of beautiful editing, not a missed beat or too-long scene to be found!

Congrats on a well-deserved award! This is gorgeous on SO many different levels, you should be really proud of your work!
spalonieve
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sympathetic" was the perfect song to use for Jack!! Congratulations on third
Luka
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic: Thank you! I use Sony Vegas 6.0!

Aislynn: I have tried with "24" (by Switchfoot) and "Maybe It's Just Me" (by Butch Walker) before I finally decides for "Sympathetic"... I think I made the right choice

voprolveras and spalonieve: Thanks guys! *hugs*

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing video!
I'm speechless...congratulations!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: