Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carnivale Thread II
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Carnivale Thread II Reply with quote

I couldn't find my ass from my face in the other thread, so started a new one. I am up to episode 6 of the second season and loving every second of it. Buffy--please place another link to your MUSIC vids for Ben and Sofie--loving them. -laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l didn't even know you were watching Carnivale Laura. l knew BA5763, JakeNRoland watch it, and l knew Hobbes did and that he already finished. Arn't you just lovin it....lol. Is it April 15th yet l can't wait for the new Moulin Carnivàle vid BA5763.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Sorry. I'm in a BEST "(fill in the blank) EVER mood. See Desperation thread. Actually, that one's dead on serious. BEST STEPHEN KING BOOKS EVER!! DARK TOWER. READ THEM NOW!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched 2x03 last night. I want to say this show is better than Lost but I'll have to wait and see how lost ends it's season.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO My thoughts exactly there E. It's definitely par with lost, I have to admit that. They both do this in very different styles, however. Lost likes to just leave the clues for us to pick up if we can, and Carnivale more just leads us through, making sure we pick them up as we go along (for example, see the picture of the tatooed man in that painting that the camera zoomed in on)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly the only reason I even gave this show a chance is because of the videos Buffy made--I was like this show looks cool. Then of course the obsessors of this board are very persuasive. I skipped the entire first season...I'm about 6 episodes into season two. The unfortunate--but kind of fortunate thing is I am rewatching the first 6 episodes with my twin sister who is giving the show a chance. LOL--I'm watching them now thinking how did I not pick up on this stuff? Anyways the show is original and the production is breathtaking. Everytime I hear father Justin use his evil voice I think of Clancy Brown doing the voice of Mr. Krabbs on Spongebob.--I also snuck a peek at the production photos for future episodes....why must i ruin all the suprises? I really hope HBO gives it another season-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 2 has moved much faster than season 1. You really could pick it up anywhere in the middle of season 1 and be totally into it by the season 1 finale.

Best thing about Carnivale: No annoying, plot-stalling flashbacks! The character development happens while the plot is moving along! What a novel concept!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Season 2 has moved much faster than season 1. You really could pick it up anywhere in the middle of season 1 and be totally into it by the season 1 finale.

Best thing about Carnivale: No annoying, plot-stalling flashbacks! The character development happens while the plot is moving along! What a novel concept!

Minus Jack's lameass backstory in Episode 20--i find the flashbacks on LOST to be one of the best parts of the show. jmo-l

Jake's Twin
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
Enchirito wrote:

Minus Jack's lameass backstory in Episode 20--i find the flashbacks on LOST to be one of the best parts of the show. jmo-l

When done right (gee what episode should I reference here... uh, i don't know.. WALKABOUT) they really add to the storytelling. But since they seem to have a rule that one character MUST flashback EVERY episode it gets a bit predictable and some of them seem to be stretching to find a conncetion to the events on the island. jmo of course.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I don't think every single episode needs a flashback. Do they really plan to keep this up for the supposed 6-8 seasons. Unless they kill everyone off and start bringing in new warm bodies, I'll be tired of flashbacks by... oh wait, guess I'm already kinda tired of them. The last few have been pretty lame.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Unless they kill everyone off and start bringing in new warm bodies, I'll be tired of flashbacks by... oh wait, guess I'm already kinda tired of them. The last few have been pretty lame.

Exactly how I feel. It was just recently when I realized I that for the last , i dunno, 5 episodes or so I can spot a flashback coming from a mile away and I inside i just scream noooooooooo.

The next time Jack starts staring into infinity and the island sounds start fading away, I want to see Brother Justin run up out of the bushes and smack him.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote
Quote:
The next time Jack starts staring into infinity and the island sounds start fading away, I want to see Brother Justin run up out of the bushes and smack him.

OMG...LMAO. You sure have the imagination on you Enchirito.
That would be hilarious.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome. Charlie's walking through the jungle. All of a sudden the sound starts to tweak into that weird sort of THX sound, but instead of flashback Brother Justin just rips through his torso with a sickle. Life would be beautiful!!

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carivale/Lost crossover! We could start a whole new thread on this. Or maybe a video. If only we had the tools and talant of Weta or ILM... think of the possibilities.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I skipped the entire first season

WHAT?!?!?!??! YOU HAD BETTER WATCH THAT SEASON AFTER YOU'RE DONE SEASON TWO LAURA!!!!

Quote:
That would be awesome. Charlie's walking through the jungle. All of a sudden the sound starts to tweak into that weird sort of THX sound, but instead of flashback Brother Justin just rips through his torso with a sickle. Life would be beautiful!!

LMFAO BEST ANYTHING EVER

it's funny cuz it's Charlie

Well I dooooooooo have a 3d animation program that I might be able to get working... I can't promise Charlie would look that much like Charlie, or Justin like Justin, but at least we could blur it a bit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: