Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carnivale Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito I figured out why I love the flashbacks--I just love watching Jack stare off at nothing. I think Ben Hawkins should come and heal his heart. Doesn't my perspective just want to make you puke? The father Justin thing is just scarey.

Warren I may eventually watch season 1, but right now I'm too far into season two to stop now. Besides, ondemand takes it away from me April 27th. I do have some questions for those in the know...

1. Did Jonsey and Rita Sue ever hook up season 1?

2. What happened between Jonsey and Sofie to make their relationship the way it is in season two?

3. That "management," person freak thing...Explain or try and bullshit the point of him to me, and why Sampson was so upset when Ben killed him.

I have many more questions, but I'll save them for later

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Yes. After one of their daughters (yes, there were 2, 1 was killed), it put a strain on Stumpy and Rita Sue's relationship, so for some stupid ass reason (or maybe it was Stumpy bein Stumpy), he offered RS up to Jonesy for a nite, but it turned into the next nite and the next nite, and you get the idea.

2.)See: ABOVE, also Libby knew about it and didn't tell Sofie, so Sofie set it up to get even with both of em, and it worked.

3.)Ifyou're right up to around Damascus, then Samson doesn't really understand all that there is to Ben/Management/Scudder/Justin yet. He doesn't fully understand all the trials that Ben must face on his journey. This question will work itself out once you get further into the story. Needless to say, all I can tell you is that Samson & Management were friends to a certain degree (they still had a employer/employee professional relationship), so Samson was more upset about losing a friend than anything.

Hope this helps
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
and why Sampson was so upset when Ben killed him.

DoH! SpOiLEDZ!

See what I get for starting at the begining? lol.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big PS: Justin ain't a priest. He's actually a Methodist Minister. So, not a father, Brother... (not to be all matter of facty or nothin)
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
LAURA4LAD wrote:
and why Sampson was so upset when Ben killed him.

DoH! SpOiLEDZ!

See what I get for starting at the begining? lol.

OMG I suck--sorry Enchirito.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito can never get a break He'll always be just far enough behind that he sees our refuse and it spoils the ending for him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much guessing that Enchirito won't be seeing my masterpiece (when it's done) for a while, mainly since there are TONS of spoilers. Oh well... 3 more days kiddies!

(I just watched the first 3 back to back, Man! am I proud. You guys are so gonna love it! )
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, I kind of expect to get spoiled talking about a show thats been out there for quite a while. Although spoiler warnings never hurt anybody. I'm on 2x06 so I'm getting there. I only heard 2 spoilers so the finale should still have some suprises left.

The sad news is, now that you all convinced me to try this show, and I really like it, I just found this.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30778

That pissed me off so much. I just showed up and it looks like the party's already over.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that article in the middle of my ON DEMAND marathon of season two (FYI I only have the last episode to go--almost holding off to make it last longer LOL)---anyways after discussing this with a few HBO buffs they feel and I trust it will be renewed come June. Stay positive--OH and should I watch Deadwood? I need something to fill the void-laura

Jake's Twin
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on Deadwood...

Season 1 was awesome and Season 2 has been not so great.

Here's why...

Al Swearingon (spelling? eh) is quite possibly the GREATEST character created in the history of television. EVER!!

The show is vulgar, violent and sexual. Cool.

The show is also... high on big vocabulary. This was so so in season one and you kinda had to pay attention to know what was going on, but this season they've gone WAY over the top with it. MANY MANY times I find myself at a total loss of what's going on. Also, Swearingon has been out of like 4 episodes because his character has been on death's door trying to pass kidney stones in a world that isn't equipped for such a thing. It's as if Shakespeare pulled out a thesaurus and said, "How could I make this EVEN MORE difficult?" As if anyone of those people talked that way!! Come on!!

It's still better than most things out there.

I recommend renting or torrenting season one, if you dig that, see how season 2 goes for you. Hopefully the season starts to pick up now that Swearingon is back in the game.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

start a opic on deadwood Jake *) starting with why we should watch it. After Carnivale, I will watch whatever you ask me to I am your servant. what show should I watch
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that Jake is Brother Justin and Hobbes is Stroud?

Anywho, less than 24 hours kiddies. I'm also gonna have the board over at my site open for a posting party from 5 pm CST to 10pm CST, so please feel free to stop by and post. You don't have to sign up for the party, I made it accessible to guests.

B
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
start a opic on deadwood Jake *) starting with why we should watch it. After Carnivale, I will watch whatever you ask me to I am your servant. what show should I watch

Well thank you. I'm rather fond of my tastes as well. But before Deadwood I would recommend Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Six Feet Under (in that order). I love me some Deadwood, but pound for pound those other three are better shows.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this about Deadwood... (I SHOULD just start a Deadwood thread, eh, too lazy)... absolutely any scene between Sweargon and Woo is pure GOLD. "Cocksucker!!!" "Cocksucker!!" LOL. That's the entire conversation. And it makes sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: