Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fate" - Other
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: "Fate" - Other Reply with quote

* "Fate"
You'll recognize the song from movie trailers.
* Song: Unearthed by E.S. Posthumus
Vidder: LAURA4LAD
Length: 4:51 (6.5MB WMV)
Link: http://picapic.net/media/MP86623

So simple yet so good
I think I will always love this one. You should really send this in for Lost to use for promotion, I'll bet they'd use it
Favourite part would have to be when there's a change of tune, and it changes to Locke's episode. It sounds soo... Samurai right there!!!

And is it wrong to be singing to a song without words....?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kat!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this... I've been trying to find a copy of the song now... but have been unable too... but it was a top choice... and great footage...
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't put my finger on why this vid is so great but it really is! I watched it last night for the first time. Then felt the need to watch it again a few hours later. Then just watched it again! Gave me goosebumps every time. Great song choice and you chose awesome clips to go with it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
I can't put my finger on why this vid is so great but it really is! I watched it last night for the first time. Then felt the need to watch it again a few hours later. Then just watched it again! Gave me goosebumps every time. Great song choice and you chose awesome clips to go with it!

I appreciate the feedback from you both. This was one of the first Lost videos I made. Unfortunately because of that all my clips sucked.(quality wise i mean.) Sorry you can't find the MP3 Kat--I am looking for it again myself. Damn my retarted sister-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you Cooooould just take the file from Laura's vid, put it in WMM under the music section, and save THAT and use it as an mp3...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found the mp3 on Kazaa! I uploaded it to yousentit.com for your auditory pleasure

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U3TWMB7NHA8C2H869S0MU2IMD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kat!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou... I actually Make Music Video's of my own but they're for Aussie show called Home and Away... I don't think you have it in the US... which is where I presume your from... but my MV's are based on characters called Kirsty and Kane... The reason I wanted the song was to use it for an MV for that site... so yeah... thanks heaps for that...

Just onr question tho.... I thought the song was called "Unearthed" how come the song you gave me was called Nara??
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat! wrote:
Thankyou... I actually Make Music Video's of my own but they're for Aussie show called Home and Away... I don't think you have it in the US... which is where I presume your from... but my MV's are based on characters called Kirsty and Kane... The reason I wanted the song was to use it for an MV for that site... so yeah... thanks heaps for that...

Just onr question tho.... I thought the song was called "Unearthed" how come the song you gave me was called Nara??

it is called nara--unearthed is the album-confused about that before-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kat!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, thanks for that...
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video. I loved the music. It's so perfect for Lost.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folk-sound of this song with the driving drums and the flutes? (some sort of wind instrument) was perfect.

I have a huge admiration for vidders who are able to pull off instrumentals and an equal admiration for vidders who can make an interesting vid to a long song - this is both!

The dreamy sound of the music reminds me of when I lived in the Caribbean and fit so well with the story-summary of events on Lost Island!

Excellent vid.

My lost music vids
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you lived in the caribbean?!? I go once a year with my family. Usually on a cruise where we only spend about one day in port. Where abouts did you live? Why would you ever leave? lol. Anyways thank you for the FB.-laura
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As crazy as it sounds it actually gets boring in the Caribbean. I lived there for 2 years for school. For 18 months it was on a small island called Grenada, and for the last 6 months it was on an even smaller island called St. Vincent.

Vacations are fine because you spend all of 2, maybe 3 weeks there, but if you live there as a student you get all of 5 stereo radio stations, if you don't live in one of the posh hotels with Satellite TV there are 3 local TV stations and a diet of hot dogs (because they are packaged and "safe"), chicken-specialty of the day x 6 days a week and to wash it down you go to the local supermarket and grab a case of glass bottled Coca Cola which weigh approx 20 pounds - lug them up to the apartment then bring back the empties for your deposit. It was great exercise and I have to admit I was in the best shape of my life, but I realized how really great it is to be back in the US. If you ever heard of the extremely short lived sit-com called "Going to extremes" it was based on our school. I believe it was an NBC show.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when you put it that way. There goes my fanatasy of living in the Caribbean. I must admit living on a cruise ship where you get non-stop food and drink is a lot different from what you described. It doesn't sound like your time there was all fun in the sun, but sounds like quite a unique expierience for any student.

I should have known something was up when I spoke with people in bermuda who wanted to live in New England for the shopping and dark polluted water. I'm gonna stick to the "3 hour tour," thing . I'm off to get a coke can out of my fridge-laura
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The additional thing is the electricity on the island is 220 V and batteries cost a small fortune. I can recall many a time when I had a Hurley moment on the beach watching the cruise ships come into port and my cd player died. Sounds like no big deal until you factor in that Duracell's cost as much as 5 times the price here and it is an hour trip into town in 98 degree weather to get them.

I did have a blast there actually as miserable as my narrative sounds, but I was happy to come back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: