Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Killer In Me" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: "The Killer In Me" by KajaM Reply with quote

"The Killer In Me" 07-28-2006
July 2006 contest submission. Why we still need the flashbacks? To fully understand why Sawyer became such a bad boy and to find out who the real Mr. Sawyer is. Evolves on the idea that Lockes father could be the real Sawyer.
Song: Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:41 (15,2MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k1Y_CCH0Io
http://www.zshare.net/video/killerkajam-wmv.html

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. My favourite vid of yours. I loved the idea of Locke's dad as the real Sawyer. You played it all out beautifully.

Congrats on 1st place!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man Karolina, what can I say about this AWESOME video?

It was really great to see exactly why Sawyer became the man he did and you nailed it! I also loved the idea of Locke's dad being the real "Mr. Sawyer." That was really cool because it was sort of AU and I love people who can pull that off!

This video was definitely deserving of 1st place and I can't wait to see your "Ultimate Claire shipper video"

Banner: Shinythings
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told you you were going to win Kaja!!! Congratulations, that vid totally rocks!!! (And let me brag a little to everyone about the fact that it was *my* request!!) Of course I would have made a Skate vid with this song but what you did instead was justifying the flashbacks in Lost by making a connection between Locke's father and our Sawyer. That just brilliant because without the flashbacks, there would be no way of knowing who is the real Sawyer.

Great beat use, great split screens and I love the glowing effects you used. I've seen it about a dozen time now.

I've shown this vid to my Charlie-lover friends and one of them, who isn't very fond of Sawyer, said she was warming up to him... That's how much great this vid was. So congrats again on a very, very well deserved first place!!! You were in a class of your own in this contest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb. One of the best Sawyer character studies there is. The whole Locke's dad thing representing the real Sawyer was a nice touch, and one I bet will prove to be true, but more than that was the story you told by having him represent Sawyer. You showed how our James Ford is turning into the real Sawyer, the man who "killed" his parents, and it all worked so perfectly with the lyrics "A Killer in Me is a Killer in You" (I believe some major kudos are in order for Cylune for picking that song, in that case )
Just a straight-up pro video. Marvelous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. Brilliant!!!!!

I saw this a while ago, decided I wanted to hunt it down on Youtube since I wanted to see another one of your awesome vids, and knew straight away it had to get first place! Like Hobbes said, it's a great theory that Locke's dad is the real Mr Sawyer, but that wasn't what made it so fantastic...it was how you used him as more of an "example" of Sawyer turning into the man that killed his parents.

Great job, Karolina, you should just do a vid justifying the flashbacks of every character! That's how great this was!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got up like 30 minutes ago (I'm still half asleep), went to see what's up at the LVI and then I see this! Woot!

Thank you so much guys! *hugs everyone* *is totally happy*

Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see whether Locke's father is the real Sawyer or not, but ever since Anthony said something about retirement con in "Lockdown" I'm totally conviced that he is.

Oh, and let me say a big, no huge thank you to Cylune! I had this song in my mind for ages, but it was you who motivated me to make this vid. Thank you so much, hon! *hugs*

Ok, now I'm off watching the other vids.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh and darn it, why do they always post them in the middle of the night for me!? How can i be expected to get the first comment when the video is posted at 4 in the morning.....

Well anyway, i've watched this a bunch of times, and it's awesome. I just love how professional and perfect it feels. You clearly put a load of work into it, because it's just stunning. I love all your vids, and this is almost certainly one of the best of the bunch! Great job!!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankle wrote:
Gosh and darn it, why do they always post them in the middle of the night for me!? How can i be expected to get the first comment when the video is posted at 4 in the morning.....
Ehm, same thing here Ed, you're not alone

Congrats Karolina! Really love this vid, you've done a terrific job with it. You can tell that from watching it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Johanna and Ed! I appreciate your feedback so much!

And Ed, I know that I'm repeating myself, but you don't have to be the first to comment on my vids (but I know you want to ), I so *heart* you nonetheless!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Well Done! The shots of Locke's dad were positively creepy. I really liked the effects, especially the split screen. What video editor do you use? I'm in the market for a new program, and I like what I see with the one you're using. Thanks in advance.

--Cassandra Elise, using her sister's account.

Penny: All we need to survive is one person who truly loves us.

Jate Forever!

Avi and banner made by Uruviel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Luka
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, this is so inventive!
Loved the split screen effects! And the song is just amazing!
Well done!

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guh! Amazing, Karolina. Absolutely amazing.

The song was perfect for this vid. The effects you used (the lighting) made me feel as if I were watching a whole big fancy production. I love how you used the flashbacks to accurately say that Sawyer doesn't WANT to be bad, he just doesn't know how else to act. This vid made me love his character more ... if that's possible.

Great work.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She uses sony vegas.

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering the question, Ed. Yes, I'm using Sony Vegas 6.

And thank you very much for your feedback, Cassandra, Luka and Maria!

I'm glad the vid turned out to be good in the end, cause I had a bit of a vidder's block with this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: