Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July Contest Results
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: July Contest Results Reply with quote

Sorry for the slightly longer wait than usual but the results are here!

1 - KajaM
2 - cylune
3 - Luka

4 - Marcus
5 - Shankle

Congrats to you all, these were particularly nice videos. I think forcing you to change your game up each month is really making you guys shine as the old standard of the contest vids being even more awesome than the regular vids is still true this month. Kudos to all of you! And special congratulations to the top five of this month's contest!

Posting vids and adding them to the contest page now

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Congrats everyone, especially Karolina, cyclune and Luka. But woah....I came ahead of Ed? That's messed up.

I'd just like to say, this contest has actually completely made me love flashbacks again....not only that, but now I realise how much the show would suck without 'em. And not just through vids...for a while there was a bit of a debate in the contest thread and some great points were made. So yay! I actually like flashbacks again!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done posting - check out all the CPs lol.
http://www.lostvideo.net/contests/contest_2006_07.php

As for the whole flashback question, for myself: This contest has made me like them a little more, since these vids turned out so nicely with them , but I still have yet to see a video that makes me say "wow, that's what those flashbacks were trying to say in that ep. I wish I had known that, because it would have made the ep so much better!"
Though I am thankful for flashbacks in relation to vidding, as they've helped us define the characters so well with these vids, and make Lost practically the perfect vidding medium
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressed by the entries this month. Great job everyone! I think this was a fantastic contest and am glad so many of you entered.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00T! Congratulations, everybody! *throws confetti* I've been waiting to see the results for this contest for weeks; the idea really intrigued me, since I'm a character development freak.

Though surprisingly, this contest seemed to be the most challenging for vidders; even more than the Island Mystery challenge. At least in that contest, it didn't matter if your theory or speculation was totally whacked (in a good way) ; For this contest, you pretty much had to find a "right" answer; what the character's backstory was, and how it related to their story on the island. From lurking in the contest information thread, it became apparent to me that it wasn't as easy as it sounded. You guys really had to look deep into the characters!

That being said, I was TOTALLY impressed by ALL of the entries; you guys made me think twice about your chosen character, and what their themes, struggles, and strengths really meant for them on the island. And you pulled it off so well, omg. I'm off to watch everything again for the fifth time.

Kudos to all!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't make the top 5, it was only my second vid anyway so I'm not too sad. Congrats everyone!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
I came ahead of Ed? That's messed up.

Lol i kind of expected it. This one definitely isn't my best so far, and it's not terribly original anyway. Maybe i should just stick to comedy vids

The entries were really great! I loved seeing the different ways people tried to show the importance of the flashbacks. Now i need to go and comment on all of them.....

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everyone! There are some really amazing entries this month (*pointing at the "Destiny vs Choice" one* that was really creative!).

Michelina, I'm still waiting for you to take part in one of the monthly contests. I'm sure your submissions would rock!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This contest was a real challenge... I must admit that I was not a fan of audio inserted in vids... but this challenged made me changed my mind. Almost everyone had audio inserted in their vid and it worked very well. Even Kaja had the fatal gunshot that killed Sawyer's dad! I don't think I would have experimented with audio if it had not been for this challenge.

KajaM wrote:
Michelina, I'm still waiting for you to take part in one of the monthly contests. I'm sure your submissions would rock!
What she said.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everybody! You all did a fabulous job and should be so proud of yourselves for rising to the challenge!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
This contest was a real challenge... I must admit that I was not a fan of audio inserted in vids... but this challenged made me changed my mind.

Dito. I'm always quite impressed when people do some good audio editing (just like you did in your contest vid, Cinthia... it was amazing!), but I usually avoid it myself.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS everybody!! Haven't watched the entries yet, but I'm sure they rock!
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the winners...your videos were amazing!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, everybody!

sig by niki blue
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, everybody!

sig by niki blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: