Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Promise" by Poison Ivy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: "Promise" by Poison Ivy Reply with quote

"Promise" 08-06-2006
My first vid - Desmond/Kate AU. They were close before, and Kate has to deal with meeting Desmond again on the island.
Song: Promise by Akira Yamaoko
Vidder: Poison Ivy
Length: 4:35 (12MB AVI)

Link(s): http://media.putfile.com/Promise-30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzM8_x2pqE
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BL9NU88X
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really sweet video, and great for a first vid. I like the fact that it's all instrumental, letting the emotions of the characters tell the story. The editing was great too. You made Kate look like such a player. Awsome, really well done.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.My.God.

A DATE VIDEO!!! When I saw this video was online I wouldn't stop clicking on it. I was so excited to see it!

You didn't dissapoint thats for sure. I loved it all and the picture of Des and Kate? WOW. The whole letter idea was genious! And when Sawyer was cuddling Kate and Des was looking through the window I almost lept outa my seat!!!!

Such a good video and this one deserves much more than a Golden Council Pick.

Nice one!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date vids are in the air! I don't know if Elle (IntoTheVoid ) is still working on one but my own hit a few snags before I could get it finished. (I'm still gonna try to finish it if I can.)

Anyway, I'm a hard-core Skater and a big fan of Desmond/Penny so this is such a fun AU way to combine two of my favorite ships! And I totally agree: that shot of Des looking through the window and seeing Kate with Sawyer was awesome!

Are you totally sure this was your first vid???? That's amazing! Great AU work!
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason my computer is being crappy and I clicked on both links and neither worked for me. I really really wanna watch this vid so if you could give me another link or a d/l link that would be sooo great!!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....that's an amazing first vid! That was so well done and you told a great story even though there were no lyrics to base it on! I think Date is an awesome AU ship (nothing beats Hurlielle though ), and the way you made them appear in the same scenes in this was great. Especially when he looked through the window at Sawyer and Kate...and that picture you made of them was very well done.

Great job, Poison Ivy.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Poison Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thank you for your comments! I'm so happy you like my vid That really made my day.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Date vids are in the air! I don't know if Elle (IntoTheVoid ) is still working on one but my own hit a few snags before I could get it finished. (I'm still gonna try to finish it if I can.)

Well I started mine, but then the same thing happened to me. My stuuuuuuuupid computer keeps saying it is low on virual memory so i'm going to get that fixed. Meanwhile i'm on a laptop and its kinda hard to make vids on there because, they too don't have that much space (about 80GB)

But I keep watching this vid cos it is so amazing!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Poison Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded the vid on megaupload for those who don't like youtube/putfile, i hope it works

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BL9NU88X

Thanks again!
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH! That was incredibly amazing!

I loved the music, and how there wasn't any words in it because, like Spinning Iris said, it really helps to let the emotions of the characters come through. The editing was really cool on the scene where you had Desmond looking at Kate through the bushes, that looked awesome. And I also really liked the ending, when you showed Kate with all the other guys while Desmond was reading the letter.

Awesome Job.
Midnight_Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was AMAZING - especially as it was your first video. Although I'm really into Skate, I loved it. That vid was really believeable, one of the best AU's I've seen so far. Loved the letter and the picture, and that part where he was watching her put the record on - so sweet. The song went really well with the clips and you had my attention the whole time. That was a really great vid, I look forward to seeing some more from you!
Poison Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was kinda nervous when I submitted this because it's my first one (I used Sony Vegas 6) and I wasn't sure if people would like it....but now I'm so glad I got some feedback, I think I'll start working on my second vid soon!

btw, please excuse my bad English I'm neither from the USA nor from England, so....
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i finally got my computer to work and let me watch your vid and let me just say it was soooo great! I love AU's and this is one of the best one's I have seen.

My fav part in the whole vid was the part where Kate put the record on and smiled and then you made it look like Desmond was looking at her and smiled. It was really cute.

The end was CrAzY and very original. The way you edited the whole thing made the video look realistic and totally sold the whole story. It's very hard to believe this is your first video, but I am more than excited to see what you come up with next!

Great Job! oh and the song was cool too, doing an instrumental one just added to the originality of your vid!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that was phenomonal!

I love the story you told purely through clips and music! No voiceovers, no captioning! And you have turned me into a Desmond/Kate shipper. That's final!

*Ideas for my own Date vid brewing in my head*

Keep up work like this - it was fantastic!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that was one fine piece of storytelling Very powerful, despite the fact you used an instrumental, it's a completely AU couple, and it's a long song. Keep these great vids coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: