Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vidder's Block

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Vidder's Block Reply with quote

I'm not so confident that anyone will read or reply to this, since this is probably the slowest board on the forum, but I want to talk about vidder's block. It's a pain in the a$s. I have a horrible case of it. Other than just ideas floating around, I've started 16 projects on Vegas that I've never finished. I even started one today, and two clips later I kind of gave up on it. Why is it soooo hard right now to come up with a video?

I've had a lot of good ideas in the past, but I just couldn't follow through all the way because they're so damn hard. Anyone else got bad vidder's block?

sig by IslandofMystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya DS! Man, do I hear you on the vidder's block. I've had 3 solid ideas (meaning I actually started them as opposed to just wanting to do them one day... ) completely tank on me recently. It's extremely frustrating to want to do a vid but just not be able to go through with it.

I think that one problem (if you want to call it that ) is that there are so many Lost vids out there now and so many more still being done. That leaves a lot less room for new angles and new ideas. I end up starting something then go watch 15 that look just like it and that makes me feel like why even bother? Don't know if that happens to you or not but I know that that keeps happening to me!

So unfortunately I don't have any great solution to offer you. What I'm going to do is just take some time off of even trying to vid and see if that helps me finally come up with an original idea that hasn't already been done to death by the time I'm able to finish a vid (in my case that's usually months... ).

Anyway, I wish you all the very best with getting past your own vidder's block. Sorry all I have is a sympathetic ear but no practical answers.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm at the opposite end... I have lots of ideas, but I don't really want to do the vids enough to get myself to vid them and there's always something else I need/want to do, so I never get to doing these ideas. That, and I've gotten to the point where I won't let myself do a video unless it all fits perfectly and I'm feeling really confidentabout it (which of course never really happens...). I'll probably never get that Donnie Darko Crossover started, lettalone done and I'm already mad at my contest vid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
That, and I've gotten to the point where I won't let myself do a video unless it all fits perfectly and I'm feeling really confidentabout it (which of course never really happens...).

That's the same with me! I'm such a perfectionist that any vid I start on has to be totally perfect in every single way, and I have to feel really good about it, and that gets me down a lot. But, as a wise person once said, it's not about being perfect. It's about doing it and making the next one better. So I'm gonna try to stick to that.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well luckilly for you you're not a CM that's expected to churn out great vids 100% of the time .
But that's probably a good motto. That would be mine too if I just had more time... but all these ideas are just SO CLOSE to being perfect It gets my hopes up every time I start thinking about them but then I end up not finding the last piece of the puzzle, and thus never start the video. Ug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: